Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was posted on Rennlist . It’s already up on the “ My Porsche” website. Here is the article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...1e0b20-8f30-11ec-8ddd-52136988d263_story.html

I immediately went to track your dream. I am the step “ At Emden Port “ . I am two days away from the next step which says “on vessel”. I hope I missed this by the skin of my teeth.

My friend called me. He told me that his as well as several other GT3 builds have been pushed back. His relative that has a GTS ordered also was pushed back.

This doesn’t look good. @BobbyG check your status on the track your dream app. I know you’re at the port as well. If you are on the vessel and you better call your dealership. If you are in the same position as I then I would just wait. I hope we got through this and feel awful about those who did it as well as porsche .

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
It was posted on Rennlist . It’s already up on the “ My Porsche” website. Here is the article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...1e0b20-8f30-11ec-8ddd-52136988d263_story.html

I immediately went to track your dream. I am the step “ At Emden Port “ . I am two days away from the next step which says “on vessel”. I hope I missed this by the skin of my teeth.

My friend called me. He told me that his as well as several other GT3 builds have been pushed back. His relative that has a GTS ordered also was pushed back.

This doesn’t look good. @BobbyG check your status on the track your dream app. I know you’re at the port as well. If you are on the vessel and you better call your dealership. If you are in the same position as I then I would just wait. I hope we got through this and feel awful about those who did it as well as porsche .
I’m exactly at the same spot and saw this and have contacted my dealership over an hour ago….this really sucks if we are pushed back yet again. Hopefully my car is not at the bottom of the ocean. Also, if there was a vote I would vote Larry for POPE of 992 Forum! BG

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I’m exactly at the same spot and saw this and have contacted my dealership over an hour ago….this really sucks if we are pushed back yet again. Hopefully my car is not at the bottom of the ocean. Also, if there was a vote I would vote Larry for POPE of 992 Forum! BG
LARRY, my dealership just confirmed my car is not on that ship. don’t know where they’re going but I’m trying to find that out.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LARRY, my dealership just confirmed my car is not on that ship. don’t know where they’re going but I’m trying to find that out.
I’m too afraid to call mine but I believe you and I are on the same boat. We are on the exact same timeline. We both are on the East Coast with the same delivery day. I believe the car arrives in Jacksonville at the port. The distance to Miami is about equal as Pennsylvania give or take a few hours. That’s a huge sigh of relief. Apparently they rescued and evacuated the crew. That implies that the cars and the fuel housed are at risk of becoming a total loss.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I’m too afraid to call mine but I believe you and I are on the same boat. We are on the exact same timeline. We both are on the East Coast with the same delivery day. I believe the car arrives in Jacksonville at the port. The distance to Miami is about equal as Pennsylvania give or take a few hours. That’s a huge sigh of relief. Apparently they rescued and evacuated the crew. That implies that the cars and the fuel housed are at risk of becoming a total loss.
I know, we are waiting for a silly car while lives are at stake. Puts things into perspective for sure. God bless them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I broke down and called my dealership to find out . My car is not on that boat. That’s a good news. The bad news is that 11 cars at my dealership were affected. They don’t know to what extent. They are waiting for any confirmation on those cars and their status.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.