Porsche 992 Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

Registered
My new friends... I'm happy to report that I heard from my SA today and they have an allocation ("commission number") for my Porsche 911 C2 Cab! For those curious, it took about 2.5 months from my $2.5k downpayment to get a spot in line to this great day. Now, the hard part... deciding on my specs before the "freeze date" of November 1. At least the journey has started and could possibly have delivery by the end of the year. That would be the best Christmas present ever.
Wow! So HAPPY for you! 2.5 months must be a record! About your specs, here is what I wrote earlier (love quoting myself! LOL!):

"Don鈥檛 overspec. Get just what you need and nothing more. There are so many standard options on the current gen 911 that you can get this car with almost NO options (not at all) and you would still be getting a magnificent car that will be just as much fun to own and drive than a car with 50K worth of options. Configure your car to your own taste and your needs not the next owners."

Congrats! 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Doc, that鈥檚 a beautiful thing! Order every option that makes sense or anything that fits under the tree!
Wow! So HAPPY for you! 2.5 months must be a record! About your specs, here is what I wrote earlier (love quoting myself! LOL!):

"Don鈥檛 overspec. Get just what you need and nothing more. There are so many standard options on the current gen 911 that you can get this car with almost NO options (not at all) and you would still be getting a magnificent car that will be just as much fun to own and drive than a car with 50K worth of options. Configure your car to your own taste and your needs not the next owners."

Congrats! 馃
Thanks... you and Bobby have offered consistent, great advice so far. This is a big investment so I appreciate you both and the entire forum on my first Porsche purchase journey. I turn 55 in 2023 so this will be a great milestone gift.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #83 ·

Congrats! 馃
With regards to the 2.5 months, remember that I am getting a C2 Cab. The line was much longer to get an S, but fortunately, I wasn't in the market for an S for my first one. For those waiting for an S allocation, hang in there!

Registered
Thanks... you and Bobby have offered consistent, great advice so far. This is a big investment so I appreciate you both and the entire forum on my first Porsche purchase journey. I turn 55 in 2023 so this will be a great milestone gift.
Hey Doc, you were supposed to be "approaching 50" when you ordered your 992 in June! :p Better get that 911 quick cause you're aging fast! LOL!

Registered
Congratulations and Happy Birthday. For a double check on your options, I found that Nick Murray on You Tube (Porsche 911 - 992 Every Option Configuration Reviewed Part 1 and Part 2) had a great option video for the 992. Enjoy the Journey!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Thanks! I鈥檝e watched these videos a couple times already. Very informative and Nick is a hoot! I think I鈥檓 already down to the 鈥渇iner strokes鈥 of specs. A couple that I鈥檓 curious to hear opinions on:

• Extended range fuel tank
  • Pre-wiring for dash cam

Thanks!

Registered
Congratulations and Happy Birthday. For a double check on your options, I found that Nick Murray on You Tube (Porsche 911 - 992 Every Option Configuration Reviewed Part 1 and Part 2) had a great option video for the 992. Enjoy the Journey!

Those vids helped me a lot while I was going through the Porsche configurator. This is his last video on the 992 2023 updates. I like Nick but don't agree with him about the last year of the 992.1 being a "potential" disappointment. I would think that the first year of any update would have some "bugs" to fix. Anyways, he's always entertaining. Even in his plane or helicopter.

Registered
Thanks! I鈥檝e watched these videos a couple times already. Very informative and Nick is a hoot! I think I鈥檓 already down to the 鈥渇iner strokes鈥 of specs. A couple that I鈥檓 curious to hear opinions on:

• Extended range fuel tank
  • Pre-wiring for dash cam

Thanks!
The extended range fuel tank is a no-brainer. I have it in my car and it鈥檚 absolutely wonderful. I get about 500 miles on a tank full. It鈥檚 been kicked around about the excess weight of the fuel in the car . One does not have to fill it all the way if he is that concerned. The dash cam is just a personal opinion thing. I don鈥檛 have it in my car because I鈥檓 not on the track with it. On the street I have mixed feelings about it. It鈥檚 purely up to you.

Registered
The extended range fuel tank is a no-brainer. I have it in my car and it鈥檚 absolutely wonderful. I get about 500 miles on a tank full. It鈥檚 been kicked around about the excess weight of the fuel in the car . One does not have to fill it all the way if he is that concerned.
This is the only part that confused me about your build Larry. How much attention you paid to weight and then went with extended tank. Why have it if you do not fill it full鈥.If you fill full why be so concerned with weight of other components鈥.

Registered
I probably would say Yes to extended gas tank, but with AWD, it is not an option. For Dashcam option, I am assuming the pre-wire requires a Porsche dashcam. The question would be if you want a Porsche dashcam vs other after market dashcams like Blackvue. I would not drive without a dashcam. They have saved us on two accidents where the other party's insurance agreed that their client was at fault.

Registered
This is the only part that confused me about your build Larry. How much attention you paid to weight and then went with extended tank. Why have it if you do not fill it full鈥.If you fill full why be so concerned with weight of other components鈥.
Extended range is even a choice on a Gt3 . A glass sunroof is not . There is a reason for that . The added weight is exactly in the right place, low in the car and in the front, improving f/r weight distribution, as well as aiding in steering turn in, with reduced understeer, especially under weight transfer from braking. And the added range is significant

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Extended range is even a choice on a Gt3 . A glass sunroof is not . There is a reason for that . The added weight is exactly in the right place, low in the car and in the front, improving f/r weight distribution, as well as aiding in steering turn in, with reduced understeer, especially under weight transfer from braking. And the added range is significant
Seems like any added weight would be akin to the weight in the front storage well from making a grocery run. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Doc, go take a look on the post I started after exchanging with you 芦 Clear side markers are now standard 禄. Apparently not. 馃檨
Ok... I found the discussion on the side markers. Definitely not a big deal, but seems like they could easily make them clear, but still have the amber bulb. That would comply with the US rule of amber in the front and red in the back. Hmmm...

Registered
Ok... I found the discussion on the side markers. Definitely not a big deal, but seems like they could easily make them clear, but still have the amber bulb. That would comply with the US rule of amber in the front and red in the back. Hmmm...
I bought them. They had them at my dealership but Suncoast Parts has them too. Side Marker Lights - 992

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I bought them. They had them at my dealership but Suncoast Parts has them too. Side Marker Lights - 992
I mean, couldn't Porsche just have the markers clear with an amber bulb as standard to comply with US regulations? But, I'll keep your note about Suncoast Parts just in case amber markers bother me later, but I don't think it will. Thanks!

Registered
I just being devil鈥檚 advocate. I would love to have the larger tank. But then again the gts is not my dd.

81 - 99 of 99 Posts