Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50th Birthday present to myself - Always wanted a 911 and with the UK used market the way it is, I have stretched to a new 992 Carrera rather than pay serious money for a 991 or late 997. I have been a Mercedes driver for 25 years so this is my first Porsche.

Keen for any thoughts/advice on Spec (below is what I've ordered) - appreciate the day you buy is the day you sell !!

Car due May 2023 for the 'big day' but conscious 992 Gen 2 is due mid 2023 so any advice there also appreciated?

If I can get 25 years enjoyment out of the Brand, as I have with Stuttgart's other manufacture, I will be well pleased

Nigel

Font Number Electric blue

·
Registered
2023, 911 Cabriolet
33 Posts
Congratulations !!!!
Great configuration - very similar to mine - except for color choices.
My 992 just arrived in time for my upcoming 70th birthday - never too late !!!
Enjoy :cool::cool::cool:

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Audi4t That is one striking looking car. I hope I have both the 'balls' and the finances to be ordering the latest 911 in 20 years time. Thank you for your best wishes and health to drive.
Nigel

·
Registered
2023, 911 Cabriolet
33 Posts
Good luck with the new car and the wait !!!

Have fun driving on the wrong side !!!

I left the UK (Sheffield) 40 years ago for the US and have fond memories

🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
50th Birthday present to myself - Always wanted a 911 and with the UK used market the way it is, I have stretched to a new 992 Carrera rather than pay serious money for a 991 or late 997. I have been a Mercedes driver for 25 years so this is my first Porsche.

Keen for any thoughts/advice on Spec (below is what I've ordered) - appreciate the day you buy is the day you sell !!

Car due May 2023 for the 'big day' but conscious 992 Gen 2 is due mid 2023 so any advice there also appreciated?

If I can get 25 years enjoyment out of the Brand, as I have with Stuttgart's other manufacture, I will be well pleased

Nigel

View attachment 222
Happy Bday and Happy Holidays Nigel! IMO your Aventurine green-Truffle brown-Satin aurum wheels combo is the perfect "gentleman's" 911! Very Classy! And you won't regret your move to Zuffenhausen. Unfortunately, the delays have become totally ridiculous. I'll take the liberty to quote @Als992 who wrote on another thread "I like to look at it like we're in line for something really special and it will be that much more sweet once we take delivery! And with supply dwindling and the oncoming of electrification, our cars will be that much more valuable in 4-5 years." I keep reading his post to cheer me up! LOL!

"Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet". Aristotle (or was it Jean-Jacques Rousseau?)

·
Registered
12 Posts

Nigel

View attachment 222
Great spec but imo not to sure about the interior truffle brown,theres a full two tone green leather interior which I saw in the Aventurine exterior colour and it looked absolutely stunning,just something for you to think about,I’ve a 992 GTS on order for next March delivery and I’m considerably older than yourself,enjoy the wait it’ll be worth it.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Color choice inside and out is great, if you plan as a daily driver I would recommend at least 14 way seats. I ordered my 992 Carrera S Cabriolet MANUAL in GT Silver, Black/Red interior for my retirement at 55. Delivery will be March 2022 so only waited 5 months or so. Enjoy every mile!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great spec but imo not to sure about the interior truffle brown,theres a full two tone green leather interior which I saw in the Aventurine exterior colour and it looked absolutely stunning,just something for you to think about,I’ve a 992 GTS on order for next March delivery and I’m considerably older than yourself,enjoy the wait it’ll be worth it.
Thanks Steve, I will have a hunt around and try and find an image of that interior, just wanted something a little different (But still saleable !)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks Steve, I will have a hunt around and try and find an image of that interior, just wanted something a little different (But still saleable !)
You can find lots of pics and vids of your color combo. Very "Classic" spec in my opinion. And if you add the wood trim, then you have the perfect "Gentlleman's 911! Color is such a personnal choice. No right or wrong answer here.

With my reiterated Happy Bday wishes!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You can find lots of pics and vids of your color combo. Very "Classic" spec in my opinion. And if you add the wood trim, then you have the perfect "Gentlleman's 911! Color is such a personnal choice. No right or wrong answer here.

With my reiterated Happy Bday wishes!

The 911/992 seems to look great in any color. Most cars are unable to pull that off!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The 911/992 seems to look great in any color. Most cars are unable to pull that off!
Right you are @BobbyG and in your case the GT Silver, Black/Bordeaux Red interior is a more "sporty" look and a very traditional Porsche color combo. Very nice! It's important not to buy for the next guy. Get what you want according to the look you like.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You got that right!
It also depends on what you've had before. In my case, I'm steering away of Black-Grey-White combinations as I've had a few roadsters of that color. I'm playing with fire with my combo but I wanted something completely different. And for the first time, I will have a light color leather interior. I know, scary. But I needed the change. Here's my build. Sorry for the price in useless canadian dollars (and the french build!!!LOL!). 😅

PNBVUD47
The Porsche Code

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It also depends on what you've had before. In my case, I'm steering away of Black-Grey-White combinations as I've had a few roadsters of that color. I'm playing with fire with my combo but I wanted something completely different. And for the first time, I will have a light color leather interior. I know, scary. But I needed the change. Here's my build. Sorry for the price in useless canadian dollars (and the french build!!!LOL!). 😅

PNBVUD47
The Porsche Code
That Blue is very sharp! I know what you mean on color. My 981 Boxster was agate gray with black interior which I picked up used 6 years ago….the trade value is crazy and I’m practically getting what I paid for it! I love the contrast and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the GT Silver and red cabriolet roof so went for it. The next one might be Miami Blue but who knows. That’s a few years away if that happens but its an exciting time for both of us for sure!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That Blue is very sharp! I know what you mean on color. My 981 Boxster was agate gray with black interior which I picked up used 6 years ago….the trade value is crazy and I’m practically getting what I paid for it! I love the contrast and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the GT Silver and red cabriolet roof so went for it. The next one might be Miami Blue but who knows. That’s a few years away if that happens but its an exciting time for both of us for sure!
Funny! I did exactly the same thing. Bought my Boxster MY13 in 2016 and also sold it last fall for practically the same price I paid for it. Crazy times! But I guess we can't have it both ways. 😕

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.