Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Interesting. I was told mine will need a complete computer software update before I receive it. I would think you guys will get yours updated at first service.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes
Service industry is struggling to say the least. Most of it that is…..
it is and I am sympathetic to that. I’ve been in the service industry before so If I was that busy I would ask someone to call this customer back to say we are at least looking into it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Rats! First warning light wont go away…waiting for a call back now. View attachment 854
Found a couple of posts regarding that exact warning and not only for Porsche but also Audi and all VW group cars. For some, it disappeared after a couple of days. Others had to bring the car in.

One guy suggested this simple fix on his Audi. If you want to try it. « Just hold down the SOS button until a call starts and then just cancel the call once it does. Resets the MMI and SOS code and you're back in on the infotainment! »

It worked for him! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Here is hvideo

Keep us posted

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found a couple of posts regarding that exact warning and not only for Porsche but also Audi and all VW group cars. For some, it disappeared after a couple of days. Others had to bring the car in.

One guy suggested this simple fix on his Audi. If you want to try it. « Just hold down the SOS button until a call starts and then just cancel the call once it does. Resets the MMI and SOS code and you're back in on the infotainment! »

It worked for him! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Here is hvideo

Keep us posted
I’ll try it right now! Thank you!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bummer! 🙁 At least it has nothing to do with the engine. Did you notice anything « not working « ? Making and receiving calls, etc.
Nothing at all…phone works fine and no other issues. Just need to suffer though a 3 hour service call. It might be finished in 1.5 hours so I might hang out eat all of their food and if it’s not fixed I’ll get a loaner and come back. I am about one hour from the dealer.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nothing at all…phone works fine and no other issues. Just need to suffer though a 3 hour service call. It might be finished in 1.5 hours so I might hang out eat all of their food and if it’s not fixed I’ll get a loaner and come back. I am about one hour from the dealer.
Did you find your SOS button? Just hit the latch and it will open and that’s where the button is. I actually spoke to someone to see if it worked and just said my car was acting up and they said no problem we will cancel it. I did it again and use the cancel button but it didn’t work.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Did you find your SOS button? Just hit the latch and it will open and that’s where the button is. I actually spoke to someone to see if it worked and just said my car was acting up and they said no problem we will cancel it. I did it again and use the cancel button but it didn’t work.
Well, you tried. Seemed easy enough and it worked with the Audi. Other threads mention the same problem with Taycans. It should me an easy fix.

Our cars have become computers on wheels and mechanics need to be software engineers or is it the other way around. 🙄

Before my 981, I had a 2008 987. Bought it CPO and never had any engine issue. One day, I just couldn’t lock the doors. They tried everything in the book to fix the problem, called the engineers at Porsche. Everything except consult the NASA people.😜

That’s when I got my 981! LOL! 😉 I kept my 2 Boxsters way after the end of the warranty with no worries. My 2012 981 ran like a charm and looked like new when I traded it.

Not sure I would do that now!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, you tried. Seemed easy enough and it worked with the Audi. Other threads mention the same problem with Taycans. It should me an easy fix.

Our cars have become computers on wheels and mechanics need to be software engineers or is it the other way around. 🙄

Before my 981, I had a 2008 987. Bought it CPO and never had any engine issue. One day, I just couldn’t lock the doors. They tried everything in the book to fix the problem, called the engineers at Porsche. Everything except consult the NASA people.😜

That’s when I got my 981! LOL! 😉 I kept my 2 Boxsters way after the end of the warranty with no worries. My 2012 981 ran like a charm and looked like new when I traded it.

Not sure I would do that now!
I was excited that it might work so I guess I’ll just stay positive for now until its fixed.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the SOS light went out but has anyone noticed these numbers bouncing around? Even the battery goes from 13.1 to 14 then bounces around while driving. I didn’t notice it before???
so
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

1 - 20 of 29 Posts