Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
On another topic I’ve never done a ceramic coating before. Have either of you, any thoughts or suggestions?
All of my cars are done professionally by a local detail wizard who is a long time home run hitter . To apply the process takes two to there days . First he saris off with a full paint correction . It basically is like a super amazing detail where every possible swirl or scratch is dealt with . Then he applies the ceramic .

After that I must use a PH balanced Shampoo . He recommended a brand called esoteric . Its been perfect . I use their soft loofas . I dry with an electric leaf blower and fish the last few drops with microfiber towels which I also bought from esoteric . The car looks like it was detailed all the time .

I will post a few examples ----

Here is my car right after he did the treatment . I didn't even want to move it. Thats him finishing it up as my wife drove he there . I started to drive out of the garage , stopped and had to take another picture . Keep in mind the car is 15 years old and I picked my black car because its the hardest to do.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Even when dirty it still glimmers ..
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Land vehicle

Here is the car I just treaded in ., They listed it incorrectly (LOL) . Its a GTS . Its even badged as such . The car was parked outdoors and driven EVERY day . It has 50K miles !!! BTW . It was the Brest driving and most reliable car I ever owned . Nothing ever broke on this car from the day I bought it until the day I traded it in . I miss it !!!

He recently did a friend's Q50. The guy bought the car used . Its a year old . Two days with Chino.
Wheel Car Sky Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amazing, black is the toughest and the paint looks wet! I take that as a yes but it seems like a bit more maintenance after it’s coated?
It looks like candy !!! Its easier to maintain . When I wash it the car beads . Every few months I go back to Chino . He uses a polish to keep the ceramic healthy and to maintain the interior . Look at the interior of that 50K mile car . I took it to Chino before I traded it hoping g for a good appraisal . Thats alcantara . He makes it like new 5 years later !!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bobby .. this interior is AFTER 50K miles and parked outdoors . I got the GTS package again . I love the placement of the leather . The race tex is better quality than the Alcantara . Look at how well it held up . I do owe a lot to my detailer .

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
561 Posts
Very nicely detailed! I’m able to garage my car so on the fence about ceramic. I will do XPEL on front end, it has proven to be a really great product for me in the past.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nicely detailed! I’m able to garage my car so on the fence about ceramic. I will do XPEL on front end, it has proven to be a really great product for me in the past.
The black car is garaged . It still needs the ceramic . The XPEL is just hood and fenders . Underneath would be impeccable and the rest of the car is treated . You basically end up with an immaculate car wrapped .

·
Registered
561 Posts
The black car is garaged . It still needs the ceramic . The XPEL is just hood and fenders . Underneath would be impeccable and the rest of the car is treated . You basically end up with an immaculate car wrapped .
I understand and I’ll probably wind up getting it then! It kills me I have to delay another week while they work on it!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Pontiff, my last major decision will be ceramic coating. Already getting XPEL on entire front end and rockers. Are you sure ceramic is really worth it?
And I’ll be detailing the car myself so I don’t want to be worrying about what I use to wash it etc. don’t you need to get it tweaked once a year?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And I’ll be detailing the car myself so I don’t want to be worrying about what I use to wash it etc. don’t you need to get it tweaked once a year?
At least once a year is suggested .There's a polish to maintain the ceramic , Beyond that my detailer goes through the interior and such . I try to go every 3 or 4 months . I also bought special soaps that he suggested , a leaf blower , and new microfiber towels .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts