Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Pontiff, just picked up my caw with 2 new shoes and they offered Dealer offered me the one spot they had for a GTS Cabriolet….not sure what to do!
Tough call. It all depends on the number they put on your current car. . If you stay put you lose nothing . If they give you near what you paid then it is an upgrade . Have you built one ? Do they have one in used cars for you to drive ? Too many questions to give an answer . I love my car .

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Once you have the numbers, only at that point you can weigh in/out your options.
I remember he was one of the few who got a discount. He probably won’t get one on the GTS. If they gave him near what he paid for his car, it’s worth it. He gets a model year, newer, power, bumper, more performance parts, a more precise, throttle, map , larger brakes that come from the turbo, as well as all the parts that come from the turbo. It’s a nice upgrade.

Without knowing what he paid, I’m going to guess 150 because it’s a round number. 30 grand or less out the door is worth it.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I remember he was one of the few who got a discount. He probably won’t get one on the GTS. If they gave him near what he paid for his car, it’s worth it. He gets a model year, newer, power, bumper, more performance parts, a more precise, throttle, map , larger brakes that come from the turbo, as well as all the parts that come from the turbo. It’s a nice upgrade.

Without knowing what he paid, I’m going to guess 150 because it’s a round number. 30 grand or less out the door is worth it.
150 sounds right but I’d have to look it up…might be a few grand less. Haven’t heard back yet.

· Registered
783 Posts
Just looked at the autotrader. There aren’t many cabs s mt. Two 151k retail 17k miles and one 179k 1600 miles. So 150 might be high.
Edit.

than again, they might already have someone looking for your exact spec. Dealer will not tell you

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Just looked at the autotrader. There aren’t many cabs s mt. Two 151k retail 17k miles and one 179k 1600 miles. So 150 might be high.
Edit.

than again, they might already have someone looking for your exact spec. Dealer will not tell you
His dealership will work with him, but they have to make money on the used car. You’re not gonna give them exactly what he paid but they will give him close. Let’s say they give them 145. If he wants to get an idea he should put his Vin number in to Carfax. That is what my dealership used on my Macan. They showed me exactly what wholesale spit out with my number based upon my service history and miles. It also includes the knowing exact spec of the car that would just be a rough estimate of the worst case trade .

30 grand or less get him a new car. 0 miles a year newer and an upgrade. . If it’s more than that, it would pause me. How much more would depend on many things, but one of them would be how much does he want to GTS?

I know that I wanted a GTS and that car only. Anything else would’ve been a GT car.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
I did not know he wanted gts originally. That might change things and the reason dealer approached him (i.e. them knowing this)
I wonder what he built. Probably on the phone with them talking now. I’ll check in later. I have to run this afternoon. But then he will have already put down a deposit early treated his car. Either way he has the number for me. 30 K or less and it’s very tempting. Any more than that would get me to pause anything more than 40 would say forget it.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
I have to go, and I’ll be away from my phone. I keep looking at it to see if he replied. I have a feeling he’s working a deal somehow. It’s actually exciting. He would be a cousin to the pontiff. His car would be a year newer than mine. I am into it. But the numbers have to work and he has to really want this. Otherwise he’s not suffering just sitting where is with his new tires and his beautiful car. These are first world problems. I won’t be back till late. I will have to look later. After I sent the post, I will click one last time.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts