Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

· Registered
783 Posts
I have to go, and I’ll be away from my phone. I keep looking at it to see if he replied. I have a feeling he’s working a deal somehow. It’s actually exciting. He would be a cousin to the pontiff. His car would be a year newer than mine. I am into it. But the numbers have to work and he has to really want this. Otherwise he’s not suffering just sitting where is with his new tires and his beautiful car. These are first world problems. I won’t be back till late. I will have to look later. After I sent the post, I will click one last time.
Yes, you would be cousins! I would be the four legged distant cousin😜

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
One more thing, the manual in the GTS is supposed to be amazing. So is the PDK. The manual has a shorter lever and short throw as well. It’s a beautiful gearbox. It’s one of the things that many of the journalist who tested the car pointed out as being superior. It really is an upgrade all over.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
I did not know he wanted gts originally. That might change things and the reason dealer approached him (i.e. them knowing this)
Bobby wanted a GTS as much as I wanted a GTS! LOL! :p We would've been happy with a base...if only manual was available. Larry is the devil here! 😅

You can turn numbers every which way, he will have to pay that "Delta". Dealer is going to make money and he will lose..."some"! How much is he willing to pay to get a new 992 GTS cab? If it's Gentian Blue, could be worth it ;)

· Registered
783 Posts
Bobby wanted a GTS as much as I wanted a GTS! LOL! :p We would've been happy with a base...if only manual was available. Larry is the devil here! 😅

You can turn numbers every which way, he will have to pay that "Delta". Dealer is going to make money and he will lose..."some"! How much is he willing to pay to get a new 992 GTS cab? If it's Gentian Blue, could be worth it ;)
Love it.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
I like it! You were « reasonable » Larry. But there’s less options to add on a GTS and you can’t put a carbon roof on a cab! 🤪 Just teasing. Now, all Bobby has to do is decide if he wants the European delivery! 😉
Its hard to part with GT silver . I might switch back but the arctic gray is a very nice subtle change . Could not find it on a Cab but did find it on Gt3 . Look dynamite with red stitch

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
I have been waiting since May to get an allocation for a GTS Cab. They are still selling used above MSRP so you could always buy it and flip it to make an easy $10K-$20K.
There’s no amount of money that I feel will replace the joy I get with driving my car. I buy them to drive them rather than for profit . I’m not getting any younger so time is more important than money sometimes. I’ve always felt that a Porsche 911 will bring you through times of no money but money will never bring you through times of no Porsche 911.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
So no discount full MSRP out the door estimate 38k. I’m not your hero today Larry.
If you recall, I said 30 was the border. See if they can split the difference and meet you at 34. That’s where I go with it.

I experienced a little of this with my Macan. My Macan turbo was appraised at $76,000 in August in December. It was appraised at $64,000. That is the biggest drop I have ever seen I could have early traded it, but I needed the car. I know the used car manager will not budge. He is a separate entity from the new car sales but I asked new car sales to budge. They did not buy 50% but why enough to have me driving that new Macan GTS

I didn’t think they would give you a discount on a GTS . There are dealerships still getting 35,000 ADM . Very few people are getting it at MSRP. The car is red hot.

· Registered
783 Posts
If you recall, I said 30 was the border. See if they can split the difference and meet you at 34. That’s where I go with it.

I experienced a little of this with my Macan. My Macan turbo was appraised at $76,000 in August in December. It was appraised at $64,000. That is the biggest drop I have ever seen I could have early traded it, but I needed the car. I know the used car manager will not budge. He is a separate entity from the new car sales but I asked new car sales to budge. They did not buy 50% but why enough to have me driving that new Macan GTS

I didn’t think they would give you a discount on a GTS . You’re a dealership still getting 35,000 ADM . Very few people are getting it at MSRP. The car is red hot.
I was dealing with gm and the argument was…interest rates went up and it caused the used car rates to go through the roof which reduced the used car buyers (financing/leasing) people by a large margin.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
I was dealing with gm and the argument was…interest rates went up and it caused the used car rates to go through the roof which reduced the used car buyers (financing/leasing) people by a large margin.
They showed me the numbers both times. There is a drop. My reply was if there’s a drop in the used market there’s got to be a drop in the new market to work with me. They did.

Bobby, I got one more idea for you. Let’s say they don’t meet you at 34. Take the 930 package off. It’s a $1400 quilted leather package. You don’t have it on your car. So you would basically end up with the identical interior. I added that because I think it’s kind of cool. Now they are only walking away from a $3000 drop in their price estimate of 38 if they let you walk on that they can keep their GTS.

21 - 40 of 81 Posts