Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
He's thinking .... Do I want this .. maybe I should drop it .. but will I regret it.. oh I wish I could drive one .. Larry has one .. buts a coupe , PDK ,.not even a sunroof .. he's useless except he knows that I am struggling to say a flat no. After all what is 4K over the border . In Porschelandia that's how it goes .

Its kool aid talking . I am going to just tell everyone no. Larry. no ! Dealership .. No !!
But I still want it .

So..
The negotiations have begun . I didn't hear a bell ending this .
One more round .

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
😀😀😀nice!
Right about now he realizes that he’s done. He can’t walk away from it and he can’t seem to muster up the courage to do it. It’s a classic stalemate. Anyone who buys these cars knows this unless they have an unlimited supply of money. Then they buy them like toys, but for regular guys like us, we buy them because we love them. It’s a big ticket item. My estimate of 30 grand was pretty accurate being that they’re eight grand above it. They won’t stay there. If he takes the 930 package off, then they are three grand away at 34. They’ll sell him the car.. I would play the ball in their court. I would say I don’t want to take the 930 package off but that would be the best I could do and meet you at 34 out the door. They’d have to be crazy to let them walk. They may want him to early trade the car. Maybe he should give him that he’s been driving it around on the summer tires in the cold weather. Anything bad that happens to the car between now and when this new car arrives is catastrophic financially. If possible, it’s best to unload it. It will secure the final price and gives them a chance to sell his car. It also gives him leverage. They now know they have a piece of real estate that they have plenty of time to sell. They will grab the deal. You’ll see.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Right about now he realizes that he’s done. He can’t walk away from it and he can’t seem to muster up the courage to do it. It’s a classic stalemate. Anyone who buys these cars knows this unless they have an unlimited supply of money. Then they buy them like toys, but for regular guys like us, we buy them because we love them. It’s a big ticket item. My estimate of 30 grand was pretty accurate being that they’re eight grand above it. They won’t stay there. If he takes the 930 package off, then they are three grand away at 34. They’ll sell him the car.. I would play the ball in their court. I would say I don’t want to take the 930 package off but that would be the best I could do and meet you at 34 out the door. They’d have to be crazy to let them walk. They may want him to early trade the car. Maybe he should give him that he’s been driving it around on the summer tires in the cold weather. Anything bad that happens to the car between now and when this new car arrives is catastrophic financially. If possible, it’s best to unload it. It will secure the final price and gives them a chance to sell his car. It also gives him leverage. They now know they have a piece of real estate that they have plenty of time to sell. They will grab the deal. You’ll see.
I’m gonna pass at this point for a few reasons that make sense maybe only to me. The GTS would be another say 35K from my investments…its ok but don‘t want to do it. As a daily it would rack up miles like my current S but that was my plan anyway. Drive it until the doors fell off. The mileage on both cars would kill the value so instead of putting another 35-40K out doesn’t make sense to me. I don‘t NEED to go any faster (well maybe) but sweet ride all the same. Currently working on a car deal for my daughter so I’ll be giving her a sizable down payment to get her off to a good start. Just graduated college, deans list, straight A’s great kid. Her current car I bought her 6 years ago is a POS with 110k miles and falling apart, 2012 Ford Focus. Got her through college and more so mission accomplished! So I will be a responsible parent and help her then daughter #2 will be done in 2.5 years…I’m ok with that but bad timing that’s all. Like you Larry comfortable in early retirement but cautious at 57….

· Registered
783 Posts
He's thinking .... Do I want this .. maybe I should drop it .. but will I regret it.. oh I wish I could drive one .. Larry has one .. buts a coupe , PDK ,.not even a sunroof .. he's useless except he knows that I am struggling to say a flat no. After all what is 4K over the border . In Porschelandia that's how it goes .

Its kool aid talking . I am going to just tell everyone no. Larry. no ! Dealership .. No !!
But I still want it .

So..
The negotiations have begun . I didn't hear a bell ending this .
One more round .

· Registered
Still waiting….
119 Posts
I’m gonna pass at this point for a few reasons that make sense maybe only to me. The GTS would be another say 35K from my investments…its ok but don‘t want to do it. As a daily it would rack up miles like my current S but that was my plan anyway. Drive it until the doors fell off. The mileage on both cars would kill the value so instead of putting another 35-40K out doesn’t make sense to me. I don‘t NEED to go any faster (well maybe) but sweet ride all the same. Currently working on a car deal for my daughter so I’ll be giving her a sizable down payment to get her off to a good start. Just graduated college, deans list, straight A’s great kid. Her current car I bought her 6 years ago is a POS with 110k miles and falling apart, 2012 Ford Focus. Got her through college and more so mission accomplished! So I will be a responsible parent and help her then daughter #2 will be done in 2.5 years…I’m ok with that but bad timing that’s all. Like you Larry comfortable in early retirement but cautious at 57….
Go with your gut. It’s not like you’re suffering with your current car (which is awesome!) and the delta in a year or two shouldn’t be significantly different if you want to swap then.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Go with your gut. It’s not like you’re suffering with your current car (which is awesome!) and the delta in a year or two shouldn’t be significantly different if you want to swap then.
It’s all good! Wasn’t looking to upgrade and poor timing with the kiddies. 🙏 I have my dream car!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
That’s exactly how I feel. You have to do what you feel is right in your heart. Although I will say this . In 2010 I walked away from a Gt3 to this day, it still bothers me. You’ll know in time for sure if this was the right move. Much of my logic was similar to yours. 997.2, Gt3 was the last small platform of its kind.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
The morning after --

1) Yep its over
2) It had momentum
3) No weeks on the configurator
4) No looking at track your dream
5) No S Vs GTS manual cab comparisons
6) No Bobby pics of himself and new car
7) No pics in the Cave
8) No chain reaction leading the Charles wanting one
9) No less Krazy trying to replace jhis 991
10) Or is it ?

Its quiet . I got the Bobby Cab blues . 😒

I get my car back today with 4 Michelin . I will pick it up with a new thread leading to more 992 adventure .
As for Bobby. I do undersrand . I am still bummed though .
I know he has a great car .. but GTS is Epic .

Well .. lets hope they sold it . This way its really over .

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The morning after --

1) Yep its over
2) It had momentum
3) No weeks on the configurator
4) No looking at track your dream
5) No S Vs GTS manual cab comparisons
6) No Bobby pics of himself and new car
7) No pics in the Cave
8) No chain reaction leading the Charles wanting one
9) No less Krazy trying to replace jhis 991
10) Or is it ?

Its quiet . I got the Bobby Cab blues . 😒

I get my car back today with 4 Michelin . I will pick it up with a new thread leading to more 992 adventure .
As for Bobby. I do undersrand . I am still bummed though .
I know he has a great car .. but GTS is Epic .

Well .. lets hope they sold it . This way its really over .
I feel a song coming on….I guess I’ll be playing 🎸 the blues today.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Wow
Now you got me thinking😝
Hopefully that dealer does not ship out of town/state!
You do all the paperwork electronically . I did it in my Macan . I was sick, Then a wire transfer . Ideally they need to see your car if trading . You could transport both . Generally they like a person to put his hand on the new car . Pittsburgh is 2 hr flight . Unless they want to keep that car in the dealership (service and CPO) its doable. My dealership won't sell to out of state . They are turning away local buyers with lack of cars so they have to meet the community needs first. When they had a pile of cars in the old days they did . You weakness is be8ng out of state . Your leverage is the trade .

That is of course unless Bobby takes it . He gets first bids .

· Registered
783 Posts
Wayyyy at the back of my head tiny thoughts are forming…..
Will drive the 991.2 for another year or two (I avg. 2500 miles per yr.) Its value will not take a dive over the next 12-24 months. Will see what lines Porsche offers in 2024. Will likely be looking at something with 480hp over the back wheels😜

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Wayyyy at the back of my head tiny thoughts are forming…..
Will drive the 991.2 for another year or two (I avg. 2500 miles per yr.) Its value will not take a dive over the next 12-24 months. Will see what lines Porsche offers in 2024. Will likely be looking at something with 480hp over the back wheels😜
It wil be sold if it already hasn't . This type of thing has to be a now thing. 24 will likely be a 25 , The T has two years usually. Plus it will cost more , be harder to get , and the GTS wont be until the end .

41 - 60 of 81 Posts