Porsche 992 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
That one might be spoken for already. And I am not ready for a second gts just yet.
Unless Bobby didnt say no or someone didnt say yes . A GTS at MSRP is a deal . You have no idea how many were lined up behind me when I got my slot . Guys on RL were throwing 35K in ADM . The standard ADM was 15 , Only a slim few got MSRP. None got a discount. They are selling CPO for 40K over .

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Unless Bobby didnt say no or someone didnt say yes . A GTS at MSRP is a deal . You have no idea how many were lined up behind me when I got my slot . Guys on RL were throwing 35K in ADM . The standard ADM was 15 , Only a slim few got MSRP. None got a discount. They are selling CPO for 40K over .
Dayum!

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Even if you had bought a 2023 Carrera S identical to yours it would probably cost you about $18,000. Between the price increase the one model year of age along with trading being wholesale it would have cost a lot. I’ve done it six times with the Macan. I had a 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 and now a 23. Even those one-year gaps were priced into the deal. this is not only a deal but it’s actually pretty decent. I was factoring in a possible discount when I said 30 and why not have the sky be the limit and think that it could even be less. I

The thing is you really do love your car and , it’s money saved. And you have other expenses so it makes sense on the logical manner. My reflexes to jump when I hear a GTS because that’s how hard it was when I got mine. Have you even seen one on the road? Have you even seen one at your dealership?

That’s how rare it is.

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Even if you had bought a 2023 Carrera S identical to yours it would probably cost you about $18,000. Between the price increase the one model year of age along with trading being wholesale it would have cost a lot. I’ve done it six times with the Macan. I had a 15, 16, 17, 18, 20 and now a 23. Even those one-year gaps were priced into the deal. this is not only a deal but it’s actually pretty decent. I was factoring in a possible discount when I said 30 and why not have the sky be the limit and think that it could even be less. I

The thing is you really do love your car and , it’s money saved. And you have other expenses so it makes sense on the logical manner. My reflexes to jump when I hear a GTS because that’s how hard it was when I got mine. Have you even seen one on the road? Have you even seen one at your dealership?

That’s how rare it is.
I know, just following my gut now. I’m confident I’ll know when I’m actually ready but that might be years from now after the market recovers…if it ever does.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
I know, just following my gut now. I’m confident I’ll know when I’m actually ready but that might be years from now after the market recovers…if it ever does.
Although not at their all-time high’s, my stocks have fared well in the market. I have held many of these through all types of economic volatility. For instance, the day did American Express goes bust It means we’re all in trouble. Just a solid well run company. Others like it will survive, thick and thin. Este, highflying high risk stocks that might be wonderful if you’re on the right side of it, but look out below if not. Of course the market can be played to the short side as well I would not short this market just based on CNBC type fears. People still want to buy their stuff and as long as they do is economy will survive. With the higher interest rates, it’s bound to get bumpy, but it’s not going buck wild .

· Registered
1,272 Posts
I’m gonna pass at this point for a few reasons that make sense maybe only to me. The GTS would be another say 35K from my investments…its ok but don‘t want to do it. As a daily it would rack up miles like my current S but that was my plan anyway. Drive it until the doors fell off. The mileage on both cars would kill the value so instead of putting another 35-40K out doesn’t make sense to me. I don‘t NEED to go any faster (well maybe) but sweet ride all the same. Currently working on a car deal for my daughter so I’ll be giving her a sizable down payment to get her off to a good start. Just graduated college, deans list, straight A’s great kid. Her current car I bought her 6 years ago is a POS with 110k miles and falling apart, 2012 Ford Focus. Got her through college and more so mission accomplished! So I will be a responsible parent and help her then daughter #2 will be done in 2.5 years…I’m ok with that but bad timing that’s all. Like you Larry comfortable in early retirement but cautious at 57….
You haven't seen anything yet Bobby! Wait until you have to help with the house down payment for those 2 daughters! I have one down and one to go! 😅 Even young professionnals (with PhDs) need help these days. I'm just happy we don't live in Toronto or Vancouver! 🥵

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Although not at their all-time high’s, my stocks have fared well in the market. I have held many of these through all types of economic volatility. For instance, the day did American Express goes bust It means we’re all in trouble. Just a solid well run company. Others like it will survive, thick and thin. Este, highflying high risk stocks that might be wonderful if you’re on the right side of it, but look out below if not. Of course the market can be played to the short side as well I would not short this market just based on CNBC type fears. People still want to buy their stuff and as long as they do is economy will survive. With the higher interest rates, it’s bound to get bumpy, but it’s not going buck wild .
I realize its off topic but I got a smile from ear to ear . American Express (my biggest holding ) hit a home run today , Back to regular news .

Just a question - on topic - who hasn't driven a GTS ?

· Registered
1,272 Posts
No one expected it . In fast yesterday it dipped slightly (some took off the risk , others shorted) in front of earnings . I went back and forth with a lighter position but decided to hold .
Markets are still very volatile. I just hold on everything! Always long term thinking. Even if I have less and less time left. Well, you know what I mean.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Markets are still very volatile. I just hold on everything! Always long term thinking. Even if I have less and less time left. Well, you know what I mean.
I have held and added to AXP since the financial crisis when it was about 10 bucks at the low . Its 171 now . I could let go of more than 2/3 of my position and end up way ahead even if the remaining shares went to zero . The thing is .. I love the company . I bought this much because I believe they have a great business model . I feel a successful company can travel through up and down markets weathering storms and hitting home runs to grow .

Yep. I am holding it .

61 - 80 of 81 Posts