Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I recently joined as well. For some reason people are shy and don’t like to respond, but I’m hoping that this forum lights up a little bit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got the 992 S in manual but cab. It arrived a few weeks ago. It is phenomenal. The manual is a dream to drive.
I have a 2018 991.2 manual, and ordered another manual, would you say your manual feels better than the older one assuming you drove Porsches in the past?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The other manual we had was a 2002 911 Carrera. This new one DEFINITELY feels better than that one! Lol. My husband loves the 992 manual also. It's very smooth and easy. We contemplated getting a PDK but we had a 2008 911 turbo that was PDK and we got kind of bored with it to be honest. Plus it had the turbo hesitation which I always hated. Traded that car in on this new 992 order. It's a WOW car in so many ways!!! Dealer says hang onto this one, they are going to stop making manuals in the future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2018 991.2 manual, and ordered another manual, would you say your manual feels better than the older one assuming you drove Porsches in the past?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The other manual we had was a 2002 911 Carrera. This new one DEFINITELY feels better than that one! Lol. My husband loves the 992 manual also. It's very smooth and easy. We contemplated getting a PDK but we had a 2008 911 turbo that was PDK and we got kind of bored with it to be honest. Plus it had the turbo hesitation which I always hated. Traded that car in on this new 992 order. It's a WOW car in so many ways!!! Dealer says hang onto this one, they are going to stop making manuals in the future.
Thanks!
That makes sense, I took out the PDK version a few times and just didn’t get excited, felt like a good German car and that’s about it, didn’t feel any better than my BMW
So I’m sticking with the manual, and I agree it will be a rare car in a few years, when everything becomes boring electric..... side note, I drove the Taycan, and it is an awesome fast car, but I love the noise and rumble of a gas engine....
So I wait patiently until September for my birthday gift to myself lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts