Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at trading in my 718 Cayman S for a 992. Not sure if I should go for a Carrera or Carrera S. I love the idea of more horsepower but is it usable on the street? I don't want to get to know the local police by first names!

I wanted to find out the real gas mileage of both cars, both local and highway. I ask this because the 718 was listed as 28 on the highway and I have been doing 31+. Feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've traded in my 4 cyl. Cayman GTS for a 992 (I'm awaiting delivery). No, you can't exploit the full potential of a 992 on the street, whether it is the base model or the S. For that matter, you really can't experience the full potential of a Cayman, either. The fact that a 992 will accelerate to 60 mph one second faster than a 718 doesn't make it unusable, per se. If you had fun driving your 718, you'll like the base Carrera even more, and my guess is that you'd find the extra power of the S to be worthwhile to have on those infrequent occasions when you can floor it safely. Even if you back off when you reach 65 or 70 mph, the thrill of getting there in an S is worth the premium.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking at trading in my 718 Cayman S for a 992. Not sure if I should go for a Carrera or Carrera S. I love the idea of more horsepower but is it usable on the street? I don't want to get to know the local police by first names!

I wanted to find out the real gas mileage of both cars, both local and highway. I ask this because the 718 was listed as 28 on the highway and I have been doing 31+. Feedback would be appreciated.
I've been getting 23-25 mpg around town with my 2020 S coupe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you in England, measuring with Imperial gallons? If you are getting 25 U.S. gallons around town, you must have some way of staying in 7th or 8th gear most of the time. Most people seem lucky to get 20 mpg around town, and some have experienced significantly less than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts