Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously leased a Cayenne Platinum for 3 years. Other that being a bit under-powered it was a great SUV. I was looking at the 992 for over a year and decided to pull the trigger on the Carrera S. After 750 miles, I think Porsche nailed it !! (drove the AMG C63s and the E63s to compare. Nice cars but for me they just didn't deliver what the 992 did). Sure there were a few issues - had to have the tires road force balanced as I had a mild shake at 60mph and that fixed it. Door handles don't always sense my hand. 1 side mirror turns up instead of down. Something is rattling near the rear seat belts when I close the door but Porsche confirmed the problem with a recent bulletin and parts are on the way.. That said, I'm extremely happy with the car. Fit and finish are above par, seating is jet fighter-like but surrounding views are that of a full size sedan, how did they pull that off ?? :) The electric steering is weighted and crisp, the sport exhaust just dances with the gas pedal and the power delivery...... superb!!! This one is a keeper.
IMG_2524.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome @911Fan

What you experienced are common 992 911 problems, some which have been covered here by other owners: 992 Technology Issues. I suggest checking it out.

Did you do any first things yet like paint protection, new car prep, etc.?Also, what options did you spec the 992 with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It'll be at the dealer for a day to work those bugs out. It now has a Cilajet paint protection, also did a ceramic job on the wheels. Its being tinted in the pic. Options are 14 way seats, premium package, electric roof, sport chrono pkg., sport exhaust, PDLS Plus, surround view, LCA, LKA, ACC, A-Lighting and Bose Surround. One could argue some of the upgrades should be standard for what you are paying but what can you do? Gotta have some of them ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts