Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I was lost when you guys were talking about 900 horse power…..holy hell man!
Yup! For some, 650 HP isn’t enough! But Larry was referring to the 992 Turbo S. I can’t relate to such a machine, but he could.

Bottom line, he should enjoy his beautiful 992 GTS today but maybe plan for a future Turbo S. But he admits that he would have to give up both cars. Personally, If I was seriously interested, I would invest in a new Turbo instead of maintaining a modified 2007 model who might end up being a money pit! But what do I know. I’m still in ecstasy with my 992! Don’t plan to change model, transmission or color! For me, it’s just perfect.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think Larry was talking about the stock Turbo S! And how he had given it lots of thought before pulling the trigger of the 992 GTS. At least that’s what I understood.
Yep .. bone stock !! My dealership told me Porsche is not building cars and its looking out 2-3 years . They only sell new cars at MSRP but used cars are at market price . They took a GTS in trade and sold it today for 230K and have a Turbo S Cab asking 330K ., It's totally nuts . No waiting though . No boats sinking , No shortage of this or that . I still wouldn't do it . You might notice that a lot of Turbo S cars are popping up at places like a Honda dealership . Thats because even Hondas are sort on supply so non Porsche dealerships are trying to make money . Its actually pulling the price down , They get nervous holding a car like this enough to lower the car price mores than a Porsche dealership. The downside is who knows the history of that car. I am a new car guy from an authorized dealership . Used cars at high p[roces are just not for me.

·
Registered
Still waiting….
29 Posts
Yep .. bone stock !! My dealership told me Porsche is not building cars and its looking out 2-3 years . They only sell new cars at MSRP but used cars are at market price . They took a GTS in trade and sold it today for 230K and have a Turbo S Cab asking 330K ., It's totally nuts . No waiting though . No boats sinking , No shortage of this or that . I still wouldn't do it . You might notice that a lot of Turbo S cars are popping up at places like a Honda dealership . Thats because even Hondas are sort on supply so non Porsche dealerships are trying to make money . Its actually pulling the price down , They get nervous holding a car like this enough to lower the car price mores than a Porsche dealership. The downside is who knows the history of that car. I am a new car guy from an authorized dealership . Used cars at high p[roces are just not for me.
I spoke with the owner of a small boutique car shop today. They specialize in high end cars and maintain a very low inventory.

His crystal ball says the Canadian used market (not specifically Porsche) is at its peak. He’s starting to see some of the ridiculously overpriced cars sit around whereas they were still moving a couple months ago. Some of this might also be because we’re nearing the tail end of the summer toy season. He said Porsche are still having strong sales but he’s reluctant to overpay on them unlike a few months ago where everything with wheels sold regardless of price. His words. Not mine. He’s been in the business for 25 years and is still in business so he has some credibility.

I’ve personally noticed Jag F-Types nose diving in the past month. There are a few vettes and GT500’s now available at reduced prices. I’ve spoken with a couple private sellers with Porsches and they at least entertain counter offers, but are still aiming high.

Condensed version, Porsches seem to be holding their value better than anything else in my price range. Bad news for newbies trying to scratch our way into the P club! 🥲😀

·
Registered
799 Posts
I spoke with the owner of a small boutique car shop today. They specialize in high end cars and maintain a very low inventory.

His crystal ball says the Canadian used market (not specifically Porsche) is at its peak. He’s starting to see some of the ridiculously overpriced cars sit around whereas they were still moving a couple months ago. Some of this might also be because we’re nearing the tail end of the summer toy season. He said Porsche are still having strong sales but he’s reluctant to overpay on them unlike a few months ago where everything with wheels sold regardless of price. His words. Not mine. He’s been in the business for 25 years and is still in business so he has some credibility.

I’ve personally noticed Jag F-Types nose diving in the past month. There are a few vettes and GT500’s now available at reduced prices. I’ve spoken with a couple private sellers with Porsches and they at least entertain counter offers, but are still aiming high.

Condensed version, Porsches seem to be holding their value better than anything else in my price range. Bad news for newbies trying to scratch our way into the P club! 🥲😀
I wrote or stole this quote from another thread about P cars prices

«Talking about money, I never thought that a car was an investment but in the present context with supply dwindling and the oncoming of electrification, our cars will be that much more valuable in 4-5 years. So buy the car YOU want! »

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

I have a similar car dealer about a mile from me and I’ve noticed high end cars, many Porches not moving for several months now. Over 6 months or better. What goes up must come down!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a similar car dealer about a mile from me and I’ve noticed high end cars, many Porches not moving for several months now. Over 6 months or better. What goes up must come down!
Things will eventually get bettter but I would estimate 2-3 years before you're going to see those car lots full with all of those beautiful colors and great selection. Only then will you see the average price of CPO véhicules go down significantly.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Things will eventually get bettter but I would estimate 2-3 years before you're going to see those car lots full with all of those beautiful colors and great selection. Only then will you see the average price of CPO véhicules go down significantly.
Thats a safe prediction then we will be ready for the next one. I’ll have 100K on the clock by then!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts