Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 911 Carrera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paired my new 992 with my garage door opener. It works fine when you pull up to the door but will NOT recognize the opener when you back out and put it in Park. I found a couple of other discussions on Homelink but non that addressed this issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paired my new 992 with my garage door opener. It works fine when you pull up to the door but will NOT recognize the opener when you back out and put it in Park. I found a couple of other discussions on Homelink but non that addressed this issue.
The work around I use for this problem is to use one of memory buttons to open up the garage opener menu page after backing from the garage.

·
Registered
2020 911 Carrera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer told me this week to push the learn button on the opener and push the triangle button on the steering wheel several times and it will pair...didn’t work so I made the memory button open the Homelink screen, that works well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it is common for people to back out of their garage. In my 911 the backup video comes on. I back out of garage, stop after totally removing vehicle from garage and I am looking to close garage door. I have to ‘X’ out of the camera screen, press the Diamond on the steering wheel, then a screen pops up (only after turning off video backup) with the garage button for me to press.I press, the door goes down and I finish backing out the drive with no camera video.
I hope they can issue a reprogram for this, it is really dysfunctional. I would much rather have three small buttons on the mirror. You engineers might be over thinking a simple task, for example, not sure about the gps. If you had the gps trigger the transmitter and send transmission automagically; alright, but to use gps to tell me to press the button is stupid. I know when I want to press the button.

Need to have easy access, not buried in menus

·
Registered
1 Posts
it is common for people to back out of their garage. In my 911 the backup video comes on. I back out of garage, stop after totally removing vehicle from garage and I am looking to close garage door. I have to ‘X’ out of the camera screen, press the Diamond on the steering wheel, then a screen pops up (only after turning off video backup) with the garage button for me to press.I press, the door goes down and I finish backing out the drive with no camera video.
I hope they can issue a reprogram for this, it is really dysfunctional. I would much rather have three small buttons on the mirror. You engineers might be over thinking a simple task, for example, not sure about the gps. If you had the gps trigger the transmitter and send transmission automagically; alright, but to use gps to tell me to press the button is stupid. I know when I want to press the button.

Nice to read your problems: I have same and find the progress in this case is just bull shit. I go out from the garage, change to "N" close the dorr and than go back to "R" and leave.
Same shit is the RDK system: show not the pressure so I realised the pressure loss in my back wheel after driving 50m, than went back to the garage..........

At least for these two points the progress from 991 to 992 is a step back.......

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer told me this week to push the learn button on the opener and push the triangle button on the steering wheel several times and it will pair...didn’t work so I made the memory button open the Homelink screen, that works well.
I believe they suggest to use the diamond button (memory button) to bring up the homelink screen. this is the dealers suggested work around for poor programing in the main system. first you will need to program the diamond button. instructions are separate from the homelink directions

·
Registered
4 Posts

Amen to the overthinking part. I live in a highrise in downtown, where GPS has a notoriously hard time. I'd say the homelink screen pops up maybe 5% of the time when I pull up to my garage. I did program one of the buttons on the dash to be my homelink button and it's just a habit to press it now because it almost never pops up on it's own. I'd prefer to have just a button by the mirror like we used to as well - this isn't an upgrade at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been on the phone with Porsche, they have some non-technical person call me and try to tell me its a homelink issue......I have been programming homelink transmitters for 20 years...actually longer, using HAM radio packets to trigger relays. its not a homelink issue,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been on the phone with Porsche, they have some non-technical person call me and try to tell me its a homelink issue......I have been programming homelink transmitters for 20 years...actually longer, using HAM radio packets to trigger relays. its not a homelink issue,
It's not a homelink issue, just like the doors not unlocking/locking are not a cell phone issue. Both are just lame excuses. Disappointing coming from Porsche.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts