7/28 start production
8/1 production will start 9/26
this is bullshit
im going to get my deposit
nobody knows nothing
the dealer and Porsche point the finger at one another
nobody knows nothing
they suck
It’s frustrating, believe me I KNOW! But you should hang in there. Don’t know when you placed your initial order but if I remember correctly, your allocation was for a July build and August delivery…they thought! Cause you’re right « nobody knows nothing »! The only thing I know is that Porsche plants close in August.

If it’s any consolation, I waited almost 18 months from order to delivery (with multiple postponements). My mistake was pre trading my Boxster last fall but the offer was just too good to refuse. Guess it’s difficult to have it both ways.

If you don’t mind staying « Porscheless » a little longer, you could stay in line for the 2024 992.2 which would probably be different from the 2020 911 you traded.

Hang in there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s frustrating, believe me I KNOW! But you should hang in there. Don’t know when you placed your initial order but if I remember correctly, your allocation was for a July build and August allocation…they thought! Cause you’re right « nobody knows nothing »! The only thing I know is that Porsche plants close in August.

If it’s any consolation, I waited almost 18 months from order to delivery (with multiple postponements). My mistake was pre trading my Boxster last fall but the offer was just too good to refuse. Guess it’s difficult to have it both ways.

If you don’t mind staying « Porscheless » a little longer, you could stay in line for the 2024 992.2 which would probably be different from your the 2020 911 you traded.

Hang in there!
You got it right
I have them my 2020 in the spring
I’m going to their track day tomorrow to beat the piss out of their cars. I’m sure the GM will be notified of my displeasure I hope he can pull from strings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got notice too that production on my 911S Cab is being pushed back from August 1 to November 11 with arrival to the port in Jacksonville on 12/16. I guess the only good news is that my car will be a '23 and my dealer told me that Porsche will honor the '22 price which is about $6,000 less than the '23. I hope the dealer is correct!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got notice too that production on my 911S Cab is being pushed back from August 1 to November 11 with arrival to the port in Jacksonville on 12/16. I guess the only good news is that my car will be a '23 and my dealer told me that Porsche will honor the '22 price which is about $6,000 less than the '23. I hope the dealer is correct!
Sure depreciation is one of the issues. I have a vin already . this is going to get ugly
once,,,, ok
twice … wow
third time ?????

·
Registered
606 Posts
I wasn’t so lucky, when the model year changed I got a new contract with a new price tag! 🙄😡

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sure depreciation is one of the issues. I have a vin already . this is going to get ugly
once,,,, ok
twice … wow
third time ?????
Your GM does have some pull to get you the allocation (especially if you’re VIP) but after that it’s really out of his hands. At least that’s how I understand it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The GM has a 2022 S with 2 k miles on it sitting there for 40 more than my 4s. The s has all the bells and whistles I got but it has the aero wing which I think is a bit obnoxious.

·
Registered
640 Posts
PCNA just pushed out my 2023 4s the third time until October
7/4 in production
7/8 in body shop
7/28 start production
this is bullshit
nobody knows nothing
nobody knows nothing
they suck
Don’t do it .I will tell you what I know . I was told no 718 or 911 are being made as they pause . They can’t get the parts. The wiring harness was made by n Ukraine . Porsche is working on a remedy and the very few cars that may squeak out were already built and perhaps waiting on a different part . Just hang on . In the meantime cars like mine are asking well into the mid 200’s as the used market has soared.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Don’t do it .I will tell you what I know . I was told no 718 or 911 are being made as they pause . They can’t get the parts. The wiring harness was made by n Ukraine . Porsche is working on a remedy and the very few cars that may squeak out were already built and perhaps waiting on a different part . Just hang on . In the meantime cars like mine are asking well into the mid 200’s as the used market has soared.
It is a tough emotional call Gussie but I would also hold on because you never know. We all LOVE our cars and were delayed in different ways so we do really KNOW how you feel.…stay strong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for info. When did you order you car? I ordered my 992 4GTS in May and delayed till end of Aug for production. I am thinking I will have another delay and pushed in 2023 prod with a higher cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PCNA just pushed out my 2023 4s the third time until October
7/4 in production
7/8 in body shop
7/28 start production
this is bullshit
nobody knows nothing
nobody knows nothing
they suck
As others have said. Hold On. These allocations are really difficult to obtain unless you are a VIP. I am waiting for my 992 4 GTS ordered in May. And yes, I did already trade in my 718 GTS. Keep the Faith!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As others have said. Hold On. These allocations are really difficult to obtain unless you are a VIP. I am waiting for my 992 4 GTS ordered in May. And yes, I did already trade in my 718 GTS. Keep the Faith!
May order
July 4 build
July 8 in body shop
July 28 start to production
9/29 start production
Oct 26 delivery
I have a 2022vin issued in June
Pcna or dealer has no answers

·
Registered
858 Posts
May order
July 4 build
July 8 in body shop
July 28 start to production
9/29 start production
Oct 26 delivery
I have a 2022vin issued in June
Pcna or dealer has no answers
Pick up my car March of this year and the dealers really don’t have much to offer as far as information from my experience. The tracker is usually a week or two behind also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like you would be best served by cancelling order, moving on and don’t look back. The acquisition of a materiel product should not cause anxiety, stress and remorse. Move on-there are far more important things in life.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pick up my car March of this year and the dealers really don’t have much to offer as far as information from my experience. The tracker is usually a week or two behind also.
Tracker has been down fir a month.
I had the gts 4 and 2 on the track yesterday.
definetly the 4!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Tracker has been down fir a month.

I had the gts 4 and 2 on the track yesterday.
definetly the 4!
Porsche has a long history of AWD in its top performance cars but I thought that the 4 was for « winter weather environments » like here in Montreal. Now I learn that the 4 wheel drive is « better » on track. Interesting!

But since I don’t track my 992 and that I store it in winter 🙁, I got the « cheaper » 2S model. But maybe with my very modest skills the 4 wheel drive would’ve been a better choice. NOT! I’m happy. 😀

Did you talk to your GM?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts