Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Porsche has a long history of AWD in its top performance cars but I thought that the 4 was for « winter weather environments » like here in Montreal. Now I learn that the 4 wheel drive is « better » on track. Interesting!

But since I don’t track my 992 and that I store it in winter 🙁, I got the « cheaper » 2S model. But maybe with my very modest skills the 4 wheel drive would’ve been a better choice. NOT! I’m happy. 😀

Did you talk to your GM?
Always thought it was for all year long driving also…it certainly wouldn’t make difference on the track for me either!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Porsche has a long history of AWD in its top performance cars but I thought that the 4 was for « winter weather environments » like here in Montreal. Now I learn that the 4 wheel drive is « better » on track. Interesting!

But since I don’t track my 992 and that I store it in winter 🙁, I got the « cheaper » 2S model. But maybe with my very modest skills the 4 wheel drive would’ve been a better choice. NOT! I’m happy. 😀

Did you talk to your GM?
The all wheel drive pushes and pulls you up and down the hills on the track
I got to drive both back to back and yes it’s a big difference. I don’t drive my car like I drive Porsches cars on their track day. The other interesting thing was these were all brand new!
So you take them out of the box and drive like you stole it with no break in period.

·
Registered
858 Posts
The all wheel drive pushes and pulls you up and down the hills on the track
I got to drive both back to back and yes it’s a big difference. I don’t drive my car like I drive Porsches cars on their track day. The other interesting thing was these were all brand new!
So you take them out of the box and drive like you stole it with no break in period.
I broke my 992 in properly and already pushing 5200 miles since March. The only time I push it is dIrving quickly to the liquor/wine store!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my 992 CS2 in June of 21, i received a call from my dealer this passed Friday informing my of additional delays in shipping do to a strike on the docks. The biggest problem is the arrogance of the Porsche team across the spectrum.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I ordered my 992 CS2 in June of 21, i received a call from my dealer this passed Friday informing my of additional delays in shipping do to a strike on the docks. The biggest problem is the arrogance of the Porsche team across the spectrum.
Oh no….like we don’t have enough issues!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmmm, reading all this information now has me wondering. I received my VIN # for my 2022 Turbo S two weeks ago. My dealer and the tracker, says it should arrive early Oct. I have a feeling mine will be pushed back too. I have a 2013 Cab turbo S. They wanted my car in trade early on. I said no. I'm not going to be Porsche-less. Plus I may sell it on my own for more $$$.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hmmm, reading all this information now has me wondering. I received my VIN # for my 2022 Turbo S two weeks ago. My dealer and the tracker, says it should arrive early Oct. I have a feeling mine will be pushed back too. I have a 2013 Cab turbo S. They wanted my car in trade early on. I said no. I'm not going to be Porsche-less. Plus I may sell it on my own for more $$$.
You are in a good position to do so in this market for sure!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Don’t do the same mistake I did and trade early. And if selling on your own, you will have to take into account your local tax laws when you compare your dealers offer with the private one.

Here in Canada and I believe in some states, we have a tax credit and can deduct the amount of the trade in towards the new car. But the market right now is so crazy that you could probably clear more in a private sale despite the tax credit you would get by trading with your dealer. You’ll have to do the math

Hope you have no delays and get your 992 as promised in early October. 🤞

·
Registered
858 Posts
Don’t do the same mistake I did and trade early. And if selling on your own, you will have to take into account your local tax laws when you compare your dealers offer with the private one.

Here in Canada and I believe in some states, we have a tax credit and can deduct the amount of the trade in towards the new car. But the market right now is so crazy that you could probably clear more in a private sale despite the tax credit you would get by trading with your dealer. You’ll have to do the math

Yes, do the math and avoid the hassle of multiple test drives!

·
Registered
640 Posts
They want your car. That offers desirability in your corner for you as a customer. People are lining up to get these cars but it will take a while All the models that are in rest of this year I bumped up to 2023. Anything that’s already been built is arriving.

I heard from my dealership and it’s been posted on rennlist as well. They are building macans, Panameras ,taycans . They can’t get the wiring harness due to the Ukraine war so they’re scrambling on less supply.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes, do the math and avoid the hassle of multiple test drives!
Not to mention the paper work, getting payment, personal liability, appraisal, handling complications, etc. What if someone drives away in the vehicle you just sold and gets into an accident? Can you be held responsible? "There are two ways to deal with this concern. First, record the odometer reading, and sign the vehicle's title over to the buyer. Second, in most states, a release-of-liability form can be downloaded from the registry of motor vehicles website."

It can be a headache to sell on your own. :eek: You have to weigh the pros and cons.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Seems like you would be best served by cancelling order, moving on and don’t look back. The acquisition of a materiel product should not cause anxiety, stress and remorse. Move on-there are far more important things in life.
If @Gussie 1 is about to have a "total meltdown" (and it seems that way) then he should pull the plug and move on. But for me, having my first 911 was a lifelong dream and the extremely long wait was well worth it. 😅

And you're absolutely right about the more important things in life. But you are on a 992 Forum with a bunch of lucky and privileged bunch of people (hope they realise that) having fun. I do try to make the world a better place to live for everyone on a daily basis...at work! But at the end of the day, that Porsche roadster, be it a Boxster or a 911 is my "pay" and my "therapy"!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I agree
Porsche has decided to not give their team any updates other than the obvious.
If @Gussie 1 is about to have a "total meltdown" (and it seems that way) then he should pull the plug and move on. But for me, having my first 911 was a lifelong dream and the extremely long wait was well worth it. 😅

And you're absolutely right about the more important things in life. But you are on a 992 Forum with a bunch of lucky and privileged bunch of people (hope they realise that) having fun. I do try to make the world a better place to live for everyone on a daily basis...at work! But at the end of the day, that Porsche roadster, be it a Boxster or a 911 is my "pay" and my "therapy"!
this will be #7
This will be my second 992 . Porsche‘s customer service this time around is horrible. They should be ashamed of themselves. My friends laugh at me because if this is a serious problem that I should have my head examined. But any other hand it’s $131,000 I have set aside for a down payment that they have and I’m not getting any answers. I don’t mind delays I don’t mind a second delay and now I’m on the third delay and no one knows nothing about it. Yes I’m starting to get a little freaked out.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I did the math on the difference on the sales tax. The dealer low balled me on the trade. But I'm not selling it until the new car has been built.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to mention the paper work, getting payment, personal liability, appraisal, handling complications, etc. What if someone drives away in the vehicle you just sold and gets into an accident? Can you be held responsible? "There are two ways to deal with this concern. First, record the odometer reading, and sign the vehicle's title over to the buyer. Second, in most states, a release-of-liability form can be downloaded from the registry of motor vehicles website."

It can be a headache to sell on your own. :eek: You have to weigh the pros and cons.
I'm not selling to a private buyer, unless I know the person. I plan on taking it to other dealers or Carmax to get a quote. Now days, I would never do a private sale. Too much BS in the world.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I agree

this will be #7
This will be my second 992 . Porsche‘s customer service this time around is horrible. They should be ashamed of themselves. My friends laugh at me because if this is a serious problem that I should have my head examined. But any other hand it’s $131,000 I have set aside for a down payment that they have and I’m not getting any answers. I don’t mind delays I don’t mind a second delay and now I’m on the third delay and no one knows nothing about it. Yes I’m starting to get a little freaked out.
I understand perfectly. This is what I wrote on this forum in 2021 about the terrible customer relations from Porsche:

"My point was that clients are kept in the dark....Even if the GM doesn't know what's coming to him, I thought it would be good practice for him or his SA to communicate with me. Everything seemed very secretive.... The client just waits and if it wasn't for me calling, writing and texting regularly, I wouldn't have been given the time of day! That's what I didn't like from a reputable company that wishes to keep it's repeat customer loyal to the brand! And I have bought a few Porsches before. And from the same dealer."

Even if the situation for the last couple of years has been "extraordinary" to say the least with Covid, supply chain issues, a war, sinking ships and now strikes at the port, Porsche didn't step up to the plate. Customer relations was just crap, even with repeat customers.

Join the club!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree

this will be #7
I really believe the delays are not the fault of Porsche. It's the supply chain. Also they are having a tough time getting built cars on ships. Lets be thankful we have allocations and are in the system to be built. It makes these care more valuable.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I really believe the delays are not the fault of Porsche. It's the supply chain. Also they are having a tough time getting built cars on ships. Lets be thankful we have allocations and are in the system to be built. It makes these care more valuable.
Agreed! It's the lack of communication with the customer that is insulting. I'm happy NOW but the whole experience left a bitter taste. I placed my order just before all hell broke loose (in January 2021) and back then NOBODY KNEW what was coming. Not Porsche, not the GM, not the SA, nobody. But when things started to look bad they didn't even try to reach out to me. I was just as mad as Gussie. That said, my postponements lasted more than a year (not a few months)! LOL! But I got therapy (mostly from members of this Forum) and it helped! :p

21 - 40 of 52 Posts