Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I look as wiped out as I feel Its been extremely exciting and I am up way past my sleep time but I am on to the next journey .

In my brief drive the car is a monster . It handles like its on rails . The suspension is much more firm than the 991.2 which I happen to like . It handles like its on rails . The lightweight package keeps outside ambient noise out but lets the exhaust roar note in. Its intense !! Less than 30 miles and I am totally blown away . More to come .

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I dont have anymore . I did go with a friend from the pool . He took pictures . Ill get them.
Larry, congrats on the car…it looks amazing! I agree about the handling and overall satisfaction…its a beast. I went from a 2014 Boxster to this and its light years ahead of it. Smooth in the corners, great steering just everything. We are so lucky! Get some sleep.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Larry, congrats on the car…it looks amazing! I agree about the handling and overall satisfaction…its a beast. I went from a 2014 Boxster to this and its light years ahead of it. Smooth in the corners, great steering just everything. We are so lucky! Get some sleep.
I can't wait to get it back . The detailer was going to do the windshield PPF for free but I thought it over and called him this AM . My vision isn't what it once was and I am a bit nervous . Its why I never tint either . I also want to have the PDI suspension pucks double checked to see that they were removed . I happen to like a firm ride but want to be sure that they weren't rushed and overlooked (all the above my neurosis).

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I can't wait to get it back . The detailer was going to do the windshield PPF for free but I thought it over and called him this AM . My vision isn't what it once was and I am a bit nervous . Its why I never tint either . I also want to have the PDI suspension pucks double checked to see that they were removed . I happen to like a firm ride but want to be sure that they weren't rushed and overlooked (all the above my neurosis).
I wouldn’t do the windshield either. Enjoy and hope you got caught up on your sleep!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don't have a lot of pictures . The sun was so bright so picture quality is not perfect. I did manage to take a short drive and get a taste of the new car . Sheesh !! Its very nice . Its right now at PPF . More later . Need rest !! View attachment 574
View attachment 576

View attachment 575

View attachment 577
View attachment 578
Very, very NICE Larry!!! CONGRATS!!! 🥂

Now, have some sleep and then keep posting your comments about the handling of the "monster"! I'm especially curious about the suspension. Guess everybody chose the SPASM? I have read just about everything about SPASM and even if it comes "almost" for free in a bundle, I finally didn't pick it. As discussed on another thread, my car will really be a daily (to and from work), never to be tracked and the roads here are just terrible with potholes as big as chickens (that's why they're called "nid de poule" in french (chicken nest"" here in Montreal!!! Often enough, they're more like "dino nests"!!! LOL!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very, very NICE Larry!!! CONGRATS!!! 🥂

Now, have some sleep and then keep posting your comments about the handling of the "monster"! I'm especially curious about the suspension. Guess everybody chose the SPASM? I have read just about everything about SPASM and even if it comes "almost" for free in a bundle, I finally didn't pick it. As discussed on another thread, my car will really be a daily (to and from work), never to be tracked and the roads here are just terrible with potholes as big as chickens (that's why they're called "nid de poule" in french (chicken nest"" here in Montreal!!! Often enough, they're more like "dino nests"!!! LOL!
I had SPASM on my last car . This car really is the next step . I asked on Rennlist and one guy said its on par with his former Gt3 suspension . I happen to like that but I was surprised . There are so many huge leaps on this car . I had always thought it would be more like a 991.3 . Instead it's the real deal !!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had SPASM on my last car . This car really is the next step . I asked on Rennlist and one guy said its on par with his former Gt3 suspension . I happen to like that but I was surprised . There are so many huge leaps on this car . I had always thought it would be more like a 991.3 . Instead it's the real deal !!!
I fought about this for a long long time and even if almost everybody takes it, I had to consider the pros and cons of the 10 mm lowered suspension...for ME! Since PASM is already standard on the 992, I wasn't sure that the cosmetic and slight handling improvement would justify the potential decrease in ride confort. I personally DIDN'T want a GT3 suspension. BTW, even my SA said that I would not really feel the 1 cm less of suspension travel. Something Nick didn't agree with.

From what you're saying, I think I made the right choice for ME. But I can understand perfectly that you would want "the real deal"! 😅

Wonder what the other 2 musketeers did? SPASM or no SPASM?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I fought about this for a long long time and even if almost everybody takes it, I had to consider the pros and cons of the 10 mm lowered suspension...for ME! Since PASM is already standard on the 992, I wasn't sure that the cosmetic and slight handling improvement would justify the potential decrease in ride confort. I personally DIDN'T want a GT3 suspension. BTW, even my SA said that I would not really feel the 1 cm less of suspension travel. Something Nick didn't agree with.

From what you're saying, I think I made the right choice for ME. But I can understand perfectly that you would want "the real deal"! 😅

Wonder what the other 2 musketeers did? SPASM or no SPASM?
I am still going to check those suspension pucks but I think they properly removed them. But .. its not just the suspension. The car itself is a totally different beast than the last one despite such similar appearance . Its leaps ahead . Everything about the car is intense !!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am still going to check those suspension pucks but I think they properly removed them. But .. its not just the suspension. The car itself is a totally different beast than the last one despite such similar appearance . Its leaps ahead . Everything about the car is intense !!!
If you're so overwhelmed, I just can't imagine what it will be for me....coming from a poor little 981?!!!! 😅

·
Registered
800 Posts
This is my post on the SPASM subject. You weren't a member yet...

1 - 20 of 139 Posts