Porsche 992 Forum banner

I made it !!!

8K views 138 replies 6 participants last post by  Lozzer 
#1 ·
I don't have a lot of pictures . The sun was so bright so picture quality is not perfect. I did manage to take a short drive and get a taste of the new car . Sheesh !! Its very nice . Its right now at PPF . More later . Need rest !!
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Hood

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

See less See more
#2 ·
I look as wiped out as I feel Its been extremely exciting and I am up way past my sleep time but I am on to the next journey .

In my brief drive the car is a monster . It handles like its on rails . The suspension is much more firm than the 991.2 which I happen to like . It handles like its on rails . The lightweight package keeps outside ambient noise out but lets the exhaust roar note in. Its intense !! Less than 30 miles and I am totally blown away . More to come .

#95 ·
I look as wiped out as I feel Its been extremely exciting and I am up way past my sleep time but I am on to the next journey .

In my brief drive the car is a monster . It handles like its on rails . The suspension is much more firm than the 991.2 which I happen to like . It handles like its on rails . The lightweight package keeps outside ambient noise out but lets the exhaust roar note in. Its intense !! Less than 30 miles and I am totally blown away . More to come .
Looks great!
congrats.

#11 ·
Very, very NICE Larry!!! CONGRATS!!! 🥂

Now, have some sleep and then keep posting your comments about the handling of the "monster"! I'm especially curious about the suspension. Guess everybody chose the SPASM? I have read just about everything about SPASM and even if it comes "almost" for free in a bundle, I finally didn't pick it. As discussed on another thread, my car will really be a daily (to and from work), never to be tracked and the roads here are just terrible with potholes as big as chickens (that's why they're called "nid de poule" in french (chicken nest"" here in Montreal!!! Often enough, they're more like "dino nests"!!! LOL!

#13 ·
I had SPASM on my last car . This car really is the next step . I asked on Rennlist and one guy said its on par with his former Gt3 suspension . I happen to like that but I was surprised . There are so many huge leaps on this car . I had always thought it would be more like a 991.3 . Instead it's the real deal !!!

#19 ·
This is my post on the SPASM subject. You weren't a member yet...

#42 ·
I also had no chips . Thats part of why I never did film . On the black Turbo I did get 2 or 3 in 15 years but Chino fixed them . I got them mostly driving I 95 back when my mom was alive to visit her with an occasional Sunday drive with my wife to Delay Beach . My mom passed in 09 and I haven't been to Delray in ages . Without 95 its no chips . This XPEL thing is mostly experimentation .

#77 ·
Yep! You avoided quite a bit of torture having to decide between the two. LOL! Since I wasn’t able to drive both, I had to go with what I read. And since « the 992 has a tighter suspension over the 991.2 », I decided to skip that option…for more « comfort ». But maybe I was wrong. 🤷🏻‍♂️

#135 ·
New to this forum, really enjoyed reading this thread. Sold my beautiful Sapphire blue GT4 about 16months ago after 31/2 years ownership. Put a deposit down on a 992 - after quite a wait it should be in the dealership next week. Getting quite excited now. This will be my fifth Porsche, but first 911. I’m based in the UK. Kind regards.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.