Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Is that dolomite or Gt ? Over the years I have talked to guys and some told me there wife wont even ride in the car .The car is something that can be enjoyed together . I hope at some point you both get to enjoy yours .
The bride loves the car and we built it together but she's deathly afraid to drive it which is ok with me!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought a 2021 911 Turbo S Cab in October because I didn't want to wait the timeframe they were giving me to get a new one. It only had 1,000 miles on it and has all the options. It was practically brand new when I bought it. Unfortunately, I did have to pay $40K over MSRP for it. That's the price I had to pay to have something now. I'm on the list now to order a 2023 911 Turbo S. I'm loving my car and I'm so happy I bought it. It's my first Porsche and I love it. Now, I have an awesome car while I'm waiting for my next one. I probably won't get the next one until the end of the year. It may be even longer with everything that's going on. Who knows? I'm really enjoying what I have at this time. I would've regretted waiting and not having something like it in the mean time. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed and life is too short; live today.
Good move and in the present market you may not lose a dime if you find your buyer and make an "accomodation sale" with your dealer when time comes. Of course if you trade it directly with the dealership, you will have to take a smal "hit". But you will save taxes on the value of the trade-in. That's huge on a Turbo S. Bottom line, you did well to enjoy the moment. Like you said, "tomorrow isn't garanteed"!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Good move and in the present market you may not lose a dime if you find your buyer and make an "accomodation sale" with your dealer when time comes. Of course if you trade it directly with the dealership, you will have to take a smal "hit". But you will save taxes on the value of the trade-in. That's huge on a Turbo S. Bottom line, you did well to enjoy the moment. Like you said, "tomorrow isn't garanteed"!
Smile Comfort Travel Leisure Shade

Water Sky Furniture Table Property

Tableware Smile Picture frame Food Chair

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light

Great weekend away with the bride and the valet moved a car to keep my baby safe!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
View attachment 655
View attachment 657
View attachment 656
View attachment 658
Great weekend away with the bride and the valet moved a car to keep my baby safe!
Wow !! Looks like you are both having a nice weekend . It does look cold though . Its so hot here that while I was waiting for the new car my stone guard on the 07 car melted in the heat.
I finally have begun to explore 4K RPM . The first 100 miles wee 3K . Now at 200 mi I am going higher . The other night I wanted to just mash it . I am just amazed at how much low end torque there is though . Its very easy to accelerate to 80 without punching the pedal . The sift points are different in the PDK as its an 8 speed . Porsche finally made normal mode not boring . Sport is where I drive it more and it is more aggressive than my former 991. Porsche made it interesting as its not crazy like sport plus but it is form enough to keep the throttle ready.

In the meantime a friend of mine took delivery of his Gt3 Touring . He's not dealing with break in at all . I am on the phone with him and he's like "listen to 8K RPM" . Its sounds amazing . I look forward to hearing mine when I am ready . I am getting there . Bobby I think its only 1K mile break in .. but don't hold me to that . I wont make it that far .

So where did you go to vacation ? Was it a drive and if so how was it ? Has your soon to be bride driven it yet ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow !! Looks like you are both having a nice weekend . It does look cold though . Its so hot here that while I was waiting for the new car my stone guard on the 07 car melted in the heat.
I finally have begun to explore 4K RPM . The first 100 miles wee 3K . Now at 200 mi I am going higher . The other night I wanted to just mash it . I am just amazed at how much low end torque there is though . Its very easy to accelerate to 80 without punching the pedal . The sift points are different in the PDK as its an 8 speed . Porsche finally made normal mode not boring . Sport is where I drive it more and it is more aggressive than my former 991. Porsche made it interesting as its not crazy like sport plus but it is form enough to keep the throttle ready.

In the meantime a friend of mine took delivery of his Gt3 Touring . He's not dealing with break in at all . I am on the phone with him and he's like "listen to 8K RPM" . Its sounds amazing . I look forward to hearing mine when I am ready . I am getting there . Bobby I think its only 1K mile break in .. but don't hold me to that . I wont make it that far .

So where did you go to vacation ? Was it a drive and if so how was it ? Has your soon to be bride driven it yet ?
Larry, thanks for the insight so I think I’m good to hammer it now…I feel like I paid my dues babying it. Another nice day here so more miles for sure.…cant wait! The low end like you mentioned is really awesome. My 981 was a slug compared to this car. Can’t really compare them fairly anyway. Just took a long weekend and it was about 80 miles each way so just right. We stayed at a very nice resort called Odettes River House in New Hope Pa. We got engaged at a local watering hole there 29 years ago and had lunch there and did some bar hopping in town. I’ve suggested to the bride to drive it but she’s afraid to. She has not driven a manual for 30 years so I understand the hesitation. So today, I’m not sure I’ll hit 8 grand but I’ll try! How are you feeling these days?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Larry, thanks for the insight so I think I’m good to hammer it now…I feel like I paid my dues babying it. Another nice day here so more miles for sure.…cant wait! The low end like you mentioned is really awesome. My 981 was a slug compared to this car. Can’t really compare them fairly anyway. Just took a long weekend and it was about 80 miles each way so just right. We stayed at a very nice resort called Odettes River House in New Hope Pa. We got engaged at a local watering hole there 29 years ago and had lunch there and did some bar hopping in town. I’ve suggested to the bride to drive it but she’s afraid to. She has not driven a manual for 30 years so I understand the hesitation. So today, I’m not sure I’ll hit 8 grand but I’ll try! How are you feeling these days?
I am better . Thank you . I have been to Pa but not where you are . As a child I went to the Amish country . I done remember too much though . I do recall horse and carriage and meeting two kids that we're the same age as my sister and I to have then take us for a ride in their carriage . I also spent a lot of time in Philadelphia . My ex wife was from there and I must say I really loved the place . I just hate cold weather . I really hate it . Cant deal with it at all. Philly impressed me because it had such beautiful suburbs yet the city did have have events . I stayed many times in the Ritz Carlton . Its a smaller hotel in their fleet but their customer service was so amazing . I was blown away .

Glad to see you have having fun .

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am better . Thank you . I have been to Pa but not where you are . As a child I went to the Amish country . I done remember too much though . I do recall horse and carriage and meeting two kids that we're the same age as my sister and I to have then take us for a ride in their carriage . I also spent a lot of time in Philadelphia . My ex wife was from there and I must say I really loved the place . I just hate cold weather . I really hate it . Cant deal with it at all. Philly impressed me because it had such beautiful suburbs yet the city did have have events . I stayed many times in the Ritz Carlton . Its a smaller hotel in their fleet but their customer service was so amazing . I was blown away .

Glad to see you have having fun .
Glad you are on the mend….I’m in the heart of Amish county and have some Amish neighbors. I’m close to the funny named towns like Intercourse, Bird in Hand, Blue Ball shall I go on! Our town of Lititz is very quaint….love the country but I’m rethinking the cold aspect though. We are looking into snow bird situation next year after my wife officially retires next June. I think I mentioned growing up in Philly and it had so much to offer then City life was just too much and moved to the country to start a family and never looked back. I still enjoy the change of seasons though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
[/QUOTE]
Glad you are on the mend….I’m in the heart of Amish county and have some Amish neighbors. I’m close to the funny named towns like Intercourse, Bird in Hand, Blue Ball shall I go on! Our town of Lititz is very quaint….love the country but I’m rethinking the cold aspect though. We are looking into snow bird situation next year after my wife officially retires next June. I think I mentioned growing up in Philly and it had so much to offer then City life was just too much and moved to the country to start a family and never looked back. I still enjoy the change of seasons though.
I went there when I was about 10 so I don't recall much . I am a bit confused , I thought you were getting married but you got engaged 29 years ago ? You have kids ? I am lost somewhere . Retiring from teaching is a big step. I started out as a math teacher in my 20's . As you tell I didn't teach typing (haha) . It was very challenging but I felt like I was part of the community .
We do get a change of seasons . We do get cold snaps in Dec- March . It can drop into the 40's and highs in the upper 50's /low 60's . Its cold enough to not want more . Did you go to school in Philly . It was long ago but I went to a reunion and liked the folks at her school . Ex wife went to college at UM so thats how I met her here in Miami. I bounced back and forth from New York for school . Undergrad I started out here but it was very hard to not feel like I was on vacation at 18 so I went back to New York at NYU . Then I came to grad school here at UM.

·
Registered
561 Posts

I went there when I was about 10 so I don't recall much . I am a bit confused , I thought you were getting married but you got engaged 29 years ago ? You have kids ? I am lost somewhere . Retiring from teaching is a big step. I started out as a math teacher in my 20's . As you tell I didn't teach typing (haha) . It was very challenging but I felt like I was part of the community .
We do get a change of seasons . We do get cold snaps in Dec- March . It can drop into the 40's and highs in the upper 50's /low 60's . Its cold enough to not want more . Did you go to school in Philly . It was long ago but I went to a reunion and liked the folks at her school . Ex wife went to college at UM so thats how I met her here in Miami. I bounced back and forth from New York for school . Undergrad I started out here but it was very hard to not feel like I was on vacation at 18 so I went back to New York at NYU . Then I came to grad school here at UM.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the confusion let me clear this up. We’ve been married 29 years first wife and I still call her the bride. We were engaged in new Hope at that restaurant so we thought it might be neat to see it 29 years after the fact. I attended high school in Philly, Archbishop Ryan. I studied my undergraduate degree at holy family University in Northeast Philly. I went there because my grandfather was a cofounder of the University back in the late 40s I believe. I earned my MBA from Eastern University then moved out here to the Lititz PA area. Great place to live raise a family but hopefully we can figure out a plan for winter at least taking a month somewhere warmer to look forward to.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Sorry for the confusion let me clear this up. We’ve been married 29 years first wife and I still call her the bride. We were engaged in new Hope at that restaurant so we thought it might be neat to see it 29 years after the fact. I attended high school in Philly, Archbishop Ryan. I studied my undergraduate degree at holy family University in Northeast Philly. I went there because my grandfather was a cofounder of the University back in the late 40s I believe. I earned my MBA from Eastern University then moved out here to the Lititz PA area. Great place to live raise a family but hopefully we can figure out a plan for winter at least taking a month somewhere warmer to look forward to.
[/QUOTE]

I just saw today that the home and rent prices in Miami rose the highest (proportionally) in the nation. I think back to 2009 when property values tanked . I have a neighbor who bought his house then and it has doubled . My home is worth 5 times more than what I paid 30 years ago. It's insane here . Another thing is that areas that were once amazing are still busy but have changed for the worst . South Beach for example was once upon a time a place I loved to go to. Its now become so crime infested that I have not gone in over a year .

You have to first decide if you want a condo, townhouse or home . Then comes city or suburbia, near beach or close enough . There are so many places to choose . You would need to spend time to look. It may even be worth renting just to research it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I just saw today that the home and rent prices in Miami rose the highest (proportionally) in the nation. I think back to 2009 when property values tanked . I have a neighbor who bought his house then and it has doubled . My home is worth 5 times more than what I paid 30 years ago. It's insane here . Another thing is that areas that were once amazing are still busy but have changed for the worst . South Beach for example was once upon a time a place I loved to go to. Its now become so crime infested that I have not gone in over a year .

You have to first decide if you want a condo, townhouse or home . Then comes city or suburbia, near beach or close enough . There are so many places to choose . You would need to spend time to look. It may even be worth renting just to research it.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, big decisions all the way around. We also discussed renting a place a month at a time so we can see a bunch of different areas….who knows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I waited a year for my car . The process was exhausting and stressful. In the meantime a friend of mine walked into his local dealership and they had a 2021 CPO Turbo S with 2K miles . Of course they wanted a gazillion for it but he took them to task , paid an ADM , but it was not outrageous . He walked out with an amazing almost new car with no wait time .

I ponder this. Would I do it again or would I do what he did ? I am 90 percent at where he is at . Now its true that I wanted a GTS (Not a Turbo S) and he didnt get his first choice color and such but still I compare it to the compromises I made with time and mental energy and still find him way in the lead !!!

So I ask you .. those who have it . those who are still waiting , and those who are perhaps lurking wondering as I write this .
I waited for half my life to own a 911, so the extra 5 months I waited from order to delivery was not even a thought for me. I got exactly what I wanted (fortunately before all the nonsense with supply chain and ADM) and I couldn’t be happier. If I were going to buy a pre-owned, I’d be looking for the nicest 993 I could find. Otherwise, order exactly what you want and enjoy the process.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I waited for half my life to own a 911, so the extra 5 months I waited from order to delivery was not even a thought for me. I got exactly what I wanted (fortunately before all the nonsense with supply chain and ADM) and I couldn’t be happier. If I were going to buy a pre-owned, I’d be looking for the nicest 993 I could find. Otherwise, order exactly what you want and enjoy the process.
I probably would do the same if it were my first . Theres even a guy on. the Macan Forum who posted a 911 Turbo S that he waited a lifetime for who decided to do his car "Porsche Exclusive" with paint to sample and special order interior . I understand the concept of going big.

In my case though its my 19th Porsche . I knew what it was once like to just pick a car off the lot which was optioned nicely. In the early days there was less of a menu . My first 911 I could barely afford . It had ZERO options . The car came with little wheels , leatherette interior , manual seats , in basic white . I loved that car . It was a 993 BTW.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts