12 Posts
Wowww ! so happy for you👍👍😎😎😎🤩🤩🤩 counting days I guess 😊😊😊🤪😎😎
How long ago did you order It ?
Have a great day Sir ! ☀☀☀☀

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am jealous . Mine is at the port too with the same arrival date . I haven't received pictures yet !!!
PS. I am also Gt silver !!!
I heard some get pictures others don’t so hang in there! Tell me about your build. How did you build it, coupe or convertible? I believe GT Silver shows the lines the best but the 992 looks great in so many different colors.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I heard some get pictures others don’t so hang in there! Tell me about your build. How did you build it, coupe or convertible? I believe GT Silver shows the lines the best but the 992 looks great in so many different colors.
I painstakingly went through EVERY color . I did not rule out any . I asked for pictures on Rennlist and they all obliged . I then went out and built a spec in every color and staggered the price dependent on risk . The highest risk colors got the least options in case I bailed after I got it .

Normally I am the most simple with either black or white so for me to seriously spec a Lava car took courage . I did it anyway !!!

In the end it came down to two colors . My old faithful white Vs the classic Gt silver . I was torn on these two for weeks !!!
In the end this was the picture that hit the home run !
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
481 Posts
There was one other point that led to Gt Silver . It is the multi -decade metallic color for Porsche . The German race color "silver arrows" dates far back in time . Look the Porsche museum . After so many Porsches I owed it to myself to take one late life bite out of history .
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I painstakingly went through EVERY color . I did not rule out any . I asked for pictures on Rennlist and they all obliged . I then went out and built a spec in every color and staggered the price dependent on risk . The highest risk colors got the least options in case I bailed after I got it .

Normally I am the most simple with either black or white so for me to seriously spec a Lava car took courage . I did it anyway !!!

In the end it came down to two colors . My old faithful white Vs the classic Gt silver . I was torn on these two for weeks !!!
In the end this was the picture that hit the home run !
View attachment 271
That is so classy looking! I did the same thing on the configurator like 4 hours a day driving myself nuts. The greens and orange colors are so not me, almost went for Agate gray like my 981 but I needed a change. I did consider the shark blue and the new red color but 4K for that? I think we nailed it. If I ever tried to get a GT3 it would need to be red or blue but not for my daily driver.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There was one other point that led to Gt Silver . It is the multi -decade metallic color for Porsche . The German race color "silver arrows" dates far back in time . Look the Porsche museum . After so many Porsches I owed it to myself to take one late life bite out of history . View attachment 272
I saw those pics when I was deciding also and I was like…WOW! So basically we are keeping the Porsche tradition alive and I’m keeping the Manuals alive!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was one other point that led to Gt Silver . It is the multi -decade metallic color for Porsche . The German race color "silver arrows" dates far back in time . Look the Porsche museum . After so many Porsches I owed it to myself to take one late life bite out of history . View attachment 272
I’m big on contrast so I HAD to order red/black interior with red convertible top. Technical question, even though I checked “keep me logged in” for this Forum I always have to log back in with email and password. Any idea why? Mostly using my iPad.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That is so classy looking! I did the same thing on the configurator like 4 hours a day driving myself nuts. The greens and orange colors are so not me, almost went for Agate gray like my 981 but I needed a change. I did consider the shark blue and the new red color but 4K for that? I think we nailed it. If I ever tried to get a GT3 it would need to be red or blue but not for my daily driver.
I dedicated an entire thread to "the super bright " colors . They are also not my usual style but I went in with an open mind willing to try and break out of my comfort zone . At the end of multiple threads I was convinced the car looks great in. any color but I didn't get there right away . Poll on the super bright colors - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Carmine red is not new BTW . Its been here since 2008 and thats one issue I had with it . I felt it wasn't "special" and should be listed as the regular colors . I also felt that with yellow PCCB it resembled the Mcdonalds logo . Shark blue oro9gibnakllyn screamed "smurf" to me until real photos surfaced and I saw it in person . I looked for good and bad in every color . That even includes my top picks .

Gt silver is classic and timeless . It also blends well with the rear black plastic that I wrestled with . It , It shows the 993 cuts inn the hood . I even looked at night photos . Some colors looked great in day but not in the night and visa versa . I agree with you . GT silver won !! I went with the chalk GTS package (leather , Race Tex , lightweight package) . I was torn on sport buckets but at 64 I worried that pushing 70 might be challenging at the late stage of this vehicle .

Gt silver and Carrera red are the classic combo . I actually like the Bordeaux more . (especially with Gt silver or JBM)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I’m big on contrast so I HAD to order red/black interior with red convertible top. Technical question, even though I checked “keep me logged in” for this Forum I always have to log back in with email and password. Any idea why? Mostly using my iPad.
My safari prompted me if I wanted to retain password separately from the forum box that I checked . My iPhone automatically retained it . You will know when I am on my iPhone because my typing goes from bad to worse .

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dedicated an entire thread to "the super bright " colors . They are also not my usual style but I went in with an open mind willing to try and break out of my comfort zone . At the end of multiple threads I was convinced the car looks great in. any color but I didn't get there right away . Poll on the super bright colors - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Carmine red is not new BTW . Its been here since 2008 and thats one issue I had with it . I felt it wasn't "special" and should be listed as the regular colors . I also felt that with yellow PCCB it resembled the Mcdonalds logo . Shark blue oro9gibnakllyn screamed "smurf" to me until real photos surfaced and I saw it in person . I looked for good and bad in every color . That even includes my top picks .

Gt silver is classic and timeless . It also blends well with the rear black plastic that I wrestled with . It , It shows the 993 cuts inn the hood . I even looked at night photos . Some colors looked great in day but not in the night and visa versa . I agree with you . GT silver won !! I went with the chalk GTS package (leather , Race Tex , lightweight package) . I was torn on sport buckets but at 64 I worried that pushing 70 might be challenging at the late stage of this vehicle .

Gt silver and Carrera red are the classic combo . I actually like the Bordeaux more . (especially with Gt silver or JBM)
Didn’t realize Carmine Red was NOT new I was just unaware. Great point about the red calipers clashing with it too. I felt the same about the blue but then I saw one in the showroom and was like wow that’s not what I expected. You would think Porsche would have a better website design to showcase theses colors. Even the GT Silver online looks washed out. All great points.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My safari prompted me if I wanted to retain password separately from the forum box that I checked . My iPhone automatically retained it . You will know when I am on my iPhone because my typing goes from bad to worse .
Interesting, I’ll have to check the phone….Spring is coming so good time to get our new rides!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts