Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe I have figured it out. I located a company in Cal. that sells a gadget (inverter) which plugs into a EV charging station and converts power to 110V. I spoke with them and they confirmed that it will work just fine with my tender/trickle charger. Should have it this week.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I believe I have figured it out. I located a company in Cal. that sells a gadget (inverter) which plugs into a EV charging station and converts power to 110V. I spoke with them and they confirmed that it will work just fine with my tender/trickle charger. Should have it this week.
The trickle charger has to be a Lithium battery charger. It’s different from the standard charger. That’s the other thing you have to be sure of.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is the Porsche trickle. It was in the trunk when I picked up the car (to my surprise). I don’t believe they would give me a wrong charger. Thanks for the concern, this was discussed here some time ago.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
It is the Porsche trickle. It was in the trunk when I picked up the car (to my surprise). I don’t believe they would give me a wrong charger. Thanks for the concern, this was discussed here some time ago.
I didn’t get one. Perhaps they gave you one in Canada expecting that you would store it . I asked on RL
about snow and there’s a lot of people who don’t want to drive in the snow. Opinions are very strong on both sides. They’re also those who feel the cold sport to be driven all the time. I don’t know what I would do. I’ve never driven a 911 in the snow. I haven’t even seen snow since 1992.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yeah. I was surprised. I wonder if Charlie got one
When I took possession almost 18 months after ordering the 992, my SA discreetly pointed to the « total rebate » on the final sales contract and mentioned that his colleagues couldn’t believe I actually got 5K (tiny discount plus partial PPF and ceramic coating)! Guess a « free » charger was out of the question. LOL! But I did get a free Porsche cap!😅🤪

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! No hat, no watch, no pen here. To be honest, the sa likely had no idea there was the tender tucked nicely away in the trunk. No one mentioned anything about it. I was planning on buying one if and when I would figure out how to connect it.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts