Porsche 992 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Larry, please do your homework before you comment on this. It will surprise you.
Am I not correct? I just noticed so many cars particularly with Quebec tags . Most of the time it’s during the winter months. The same can be said about people from the Northeast. Even the young people at the University of Miami are predominantly not locals. The local young people go to FIU, University of Florida in Gainesville, or FSU. University Miami is almost an international university but has a large group from the north east. I myself was a New Yorker who went to school there at 18.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes. They are all tax payers, some pay little, some pay a lot….. we all benefit.
Talking about taxes, it sounds complicated 🥵

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Complicated is an understatement…what happened to the good old days of “just sign here.”

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Complicated is an understatement…what happened to the good old days of “just sign here.”
Its not that complicated . Florida property tax is based on the assessment at the time of purchase . I bought my house in 1990 for example . I pay less taxes than someone who might have a smaller house in. my neighborhood but buys it today . It was one of several reasons to keep my house . Most Canadians buy a condo outright . Right now they are expensive but they weren't always that way . Currency changes anywhere . In any country a person pays what things cost in that country even on vacation, Health insurance might be a hiccup . A person does have options though . If he can afford to buy an outright condo why not buy. high deductible catastrophe policy (like serious illness, heat attack, etc) . This way simple things like an ear infection with a visit to a general physician might cost less. I once dated a woman from another country years ago. A trip to the doctor meant out of pocket . You might be surprised how nice doctors were . Even as a tourist a person can get sick in another country .

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Well, I will be cruising with the roof down in less than 4 weeks😜.
It was a little cooler last night. The low was 67°. I don’t like it. I would never drive with the top down 67° either. When I had my Boxster I prefer 82°. That was my favorite nighttime top down temperature. In the day with the sun I could go into the upper 70s comfortably and mid 70s with a long sleeve shirt. I prefer to wear short sleeve shirt though so I’m already feeling inconvenienced when I put on long sleeves. I’m not kidding when I say I hate cold weather.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
It was a little cooler last night. The low was 67°. I don’t like it. I would never drive with the top down 67° either. When I had my Boxster I prefer 82°. That was my favorite nighttime top down temperature. In the day with the sun I could go into the upper 70s comfortably and mid 70s with a long sleeve shirt. I prefer to wear short sleeve shirt though so I’m already feeling inconvenienced when I put on long sleeves. I’m not kidding when I say I hate cold weather.
I know your not kidding…my top stays down in 45-50 degrees with the heat on!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is their equivalent of a hurricane. They’re concerned of the roofs of the house won’t be able to hold the weight of the snow so some people are leaving their garage door open so they can escape their house if it collapses.
You’re absolutely right Larry. And that « hurricane » just crossed the border. @LessKrazy1 may want to join you sooner than later

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
101 - 120 of 146 Posts