Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of speculation going on lately about what Jaguar has planned for their next generation F Type. Some reports claimed it would switch to a mid engine layout that would make it a close rival to the 718 Boxster and Cayman. The newest report however speculates that it will return its front engine , but will ditch the 5.0l V8 and instead use BMW's 4.4l V8. This would make it the second sports car to tap BMW, since the new Supra has gone the same route.

·
Registered
168 Posts
not entirely happy with this news, I was hoping we'd hear about hybrid integration on the next F-Type which would play into potential for the C-X75, a much needed supercar/hypercar

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why is everyone turning to BMW for components? I know that JLR is really suffering from reduces sales figures, but I don't think putting BMW sourced engines in their future models is the right step to correct that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its easier to use an engine platform that has proven itself and still has lots of money being poured into it. The new 8-series coupe has this engine and we all know it alone has a lot to live up to. This plays out a lot in history, Pagani using a Mercedes derived engine is prime example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts