Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ex-Honda S2000 guy here (hence the touge username) that's finally ready to move onto something more well refined. The S2000 is a great vehicle and served its purpose as my first step into a real drivers car but of course at a cost any regular determined joe could afford. Fortunately, these recent years have been serving me well enough to consider a 911 priced within the range of a Turbo S. Never realized Porsche was considering going hybrid and quite possibly targeting the Turbo S' price range to position this new breed of 911.

Also important to note is, i'm open to the AMG GT. Ever since its release and hearing feedback from owners that spent years in 911's have made a good case for going that direction as well. As more details on the 992 comes out and first drive reviews I should have a better idea of what I want.

Any feedback and/or advice is appreciated.

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to the forum touge, glad to have a new member in the community. While the AMG GT is an impressive vehicle, I think that's a far cry of something that's affordable for the average individual. I wont lie that the new 4 door model is very intriguing however.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum touge, glad to have a new member in the community. While the AMG GT is an impressive vehicle, I think that's a far cry of something that's affordable for the average individual. I wont lie that the new 4 door model is very intriguing however.
It sure is, thankfully a reasonable AMG can be had for around 911 Turbo S' price range. No way will I be going beyond that. AMG GT R or GT3 RS are beyond my means for now.
Waiting for a next-gen AMG GT could mean a bit more AMG GT-R featuring trickling down to the AMG GT C i'd likely get.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome to the board. If we're talking about key rivals for the 992 I'd suggest that you also consider the F-Type or GT-R. In terms of the most bang for your buck, I think the most hp per $ would probably be the Z06.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts