Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day
As some know this will be #2 992.
The first one was Jet BLack this one will be White Delivery expected 9/23 .
I was shocked at the condition of the paint leaving the factory last time as it was orange peeled and scratched on the nose big time. I know the scratches probably happened during the shipping but real surprised of the condition of the paint. My friend [ who owns a body shop ] did a paint correction and Ceramic coating. The paint correction was amazing the ceramic didn’t impress me. I’m thinking of a paint correction and wax only. I love the Zymol as Its like butter. I use my hands to apply and wipe it right off. The car looks great and smells great as well. The flies love it too as it has a high content of Brazilian wax in it. Zymol seems to hold up but as you know after a few washes it dissipates. I use hot water during the wash maybe switch to cold??
does anyone have input on ceramic and or wax?

during the washes maybe switch to cold ?????

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good day
As some know this will be #2 992.
The first one was Jet BLack this one will be White Delivery expected 9/23 .
I was shocked at the condition of the paint leaving the factory last time as it was orange peeled and scratched on the nose big time. I know the scratches probably happened during the shipping but real surprised of the condition of the paint. My friend [ who owns a body shop ] did a paint correction and Ceramic coating. The paint correction was amazing the ceramic didn’t impress me. I’m thinking of a paint correction and wax only. I love the Zymol as Its like butter. I use my hands to apply and wipe it right off. The car looks great and smells great as well. The flies love it too as it has a high content of Brazilian wax in it. Zymol seems to hold up but as you know after a few washes it dissipates. I use hot water during the wash maybe switch to cold??
does anyone have input on ceramic and or wax?

during the washes maybe switch to cold ?????
Zymol is a product that I used and loved 15 years ago. The ceramic treatment has blown it away. The last five years I wouldn’t do anything else to my cars. I researched it a little bit before I did it. Basically what it is when they do the paint correction is they get every little swirl or blemish that they can out of your car. That is the paint correction. Obviously a new car right off the showroom floor requires less than a car that you have driven a while so the best thing to do is to get it done immediately. Then they apply a ceramic coating to it so it basically seals it . Underneath that sealant is the super Duper detail. You cannot use wax on it or anything that would destroy the ceramic. You buy a PH ballast car wash soap which I could recommend for a company called esoteric. It’s called bather. I even bought the Mitt washing mitt and microfiber towels from them. Your wash the car use a leaf blower to dry it and get the last few drops with the microfiber towel. It’s quick and the car looks like it was freshly detailed every time it is washed. Every few months you do a little maintenance on the ceramic by the same detailer when he put a polish on it to keep its longevity and years later the car looks impeccable still. It is the modern day best thing to do. If you decide to get the paint protection film that has to be done in the same visit with the ceramic because they will put the ceramic on top of the paint protection film . You won’t ever remember zymol after it .

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zymol is a product that I used and loved 15 years ago. The ceramic treatment has blown it away. The last five years I wouldn’t do anything else to my cars. I researched it a little bit before I did it. Basically what it is when they do the paint correction is they get every little swirl or blemish that they can out of your car. That is the paint correction. Obviously a new car right off the showroom floor requires less than a car that you have driven a while so the best thing to do is to get it done immediately. Then they apply a ceramic coating to it so it basically seals it . Underneath that sealant is the super Duper detail. You cannot use wax on it or anything that would destroy the ceramic. You buy a PH ballast car wash soap which I could recommend for a company called esoteric. It’s called bather. I even bought the Mitt washing mitt and microfiber towels from them. Your wash the car use a leaf blower to dry it and get the last few drops with the microfiber towel. It’s quick and the car looks like it was freshly detailed every time it is washed. Every few months you do a little maintenance on the ceramic by the same detailer when he put a polish on it to keep its longevity and years later the car looks impeccable still. It is the modern day best thing to do. If you decide to get the paint protection film that has to be done in the same visit with the ceramic because they will put the ceramic on top of the paint protection film . You won’t ever remember zymol after it .
Well said.
not sure which ceramic the guy used last time but I found my self polishing it there soon after.
it seemed to fade quick like wax.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well said.
not sure which ceramic the guy used last time but I found my self polishing it there soon after.
it seemed to fade quick like wax.
My own dealership sold me a "cheaper" ceramic coating product that my detailing guy would NEVER use. So just check the quality of the product. The price is usually a good indicator. LOL! At least it was in my case and I didn't see the "red flag"!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has to be done by a pro and will last years . You can't use improper soaps though . It can strip or ruin it. A PH balanced soap is mandatory .
My own dealership sold me a "cheaper" ceramic coating product that my detailing guy would NEVER use. So just check the quality of the product. The price is usually a good indicator. LOL! At least it was in my case and I didn't see the "red flag"!
Ok Thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
When I followed up my SA let me know NOT to use the dealership for the coating. He wasn’t in the day I inquired about it. My SA then explained the Opti Coat Plus was FAR superior than the dealership so I have the appointment next Wednesday at the same place my XPEL was instaLed. You get what you pay for and I’m glad I didn’t fall for it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
When I followed up my SA let me know NOT to use the dealership for the coating. He wasn’t in the day I inquired about it. My SA then explained the Opti Coat Plus was FAR superior than the dealership so I have the appointment next Wednesday at the same place my XPEL was instaLed. You get what you pay for and I’m glad I didn’t fall for it.
I hope they educate the other SA the difference because he will be pissing off future customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts