Porsche 992 Forum banner

Just received my allocation!

17K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  BobbyG 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!
New to the forum and excited that I am expected to receive my 2022 922 at the end of February 2022. I enjoyed a beautiful 96 993 in Arena Red for 5 years and sadly sold it due to a divorce back in 2003. I have been saving for the last 20 years for a new one and it looks my dream will be early next year. Here is a link to my build...The Porsche Code

Looking forward to being part off the community! Everyone have a safe and healthy holiday season.
Eagle1

#3 ·
Hi everyone!
New to the forum and excited that I am expected to receive my 2022 922 at the end of February 2022. I enjoyed a beautiful 96 993 in Arena Red for 5 years and sadly sold it due to a divorce back in 2003. I have been saving for the last 20 years for a new one and it looks my dream will be early next year. Here is a link to my build...The Porsche Code

Looking forward to being part off the community! Everyone have a safe and healthy holiday season.
Eagle1
Welcome @Eagle1 and Congratulations! Allocations have been so rare that a bunch of us have been waiting for months to get one. The allocation, not the car! (10 months in my case here in Montreal). Or to just get a call from our dealerships. No news at all!!! In Canada, clients are now warned that it will take 18-24 months before delivery. Guess you must have put your deposit a while back or you're one of the lucky ones. (y)

Post some pics when you get your car. I'm also going for the GBM with it's 50 shades of blue! 😅

#6 ·
Hi everyone!

Eagle1
I love it.

#7 ·
Hi everyone!

Eagle1
still waiting for a build slot in Florida, I gave a deposit in august for a 992S Cabriolet Manual and was originally promised November but no allocations came in...still waiting and hoping I get my build slot by year end. Any updates on allocations in Florida?

#8 · (Edited)
Unfortunalery, at this point most allocations for MY22 992's are gone. The wait on all 911's - even base - was approchaing a year for an allocation. Crazy! In Canada, it has only gotten worse since I ordered my car...in January 2021. And I'm still waiting...

I found this video from a dealership in West Palm Beach Florida. He had his last calender year allocation for MY2022....in septembre!

Unfortunately, things aren’t going to trend towards anything resembling normal until at least 2023. Used car prices have yet to peak.

Like I wrote on another thread, some dealerships are unfortunately keeping their clients in the dark, often promising allocations they don't have. I suggest you have an honest talk with yours and ask where you stand in line.

Good luck!

#9 ·
P.S. As you know, allocations are given for each specific model. For instance, dealership can recieve 3 allocations for base models, 2 for GTS models, 1 Turbo...and none for Cab! They never know what's coming. That's what happened to me with the last bunch of allocations being mostly for GTS models. This being said, a dealer could swap an allocation for a different model with another dealer...but this seems to rarely happen. The bad news is that the total number of allocations that will be given in 2022 will likely be about a third of their annual average in "normal" times.

#10 ·
I received an allocation for 2022 922 911 in October (someone canceled) for a March Delivery with December freeze date. I took it then the dealer said it would be $20,000 above MSRP. They said it is their new policy $10K over for Macan orders, $20K over for 911 S and $50K over MSRP GT3. Take it or leave it. It bothered me so much, I canceled my order and received my deposit back. I am on another dealers waiting 992 list for MSRP but as everyone knows Porsche only allocated 900 911s to North America in November across 190 dealers. So hopefully February allocation will be better. So calling around, LA dealers will only sell if you have a local drivers license, San Diego says if they get one it is 10% over MSRP, and East Coast NJ dealers sales folks want to sell but their GSM do not want to sell to out of states buyers as their business model is to sell and make lots of money of followup servicing. Now as for used 911s, dealers are selling these for their original MSRP plus $20! For example a 2019 911 certified with orig MSRP was optioned to $120K should depreciate around $10K / year and be $105K and $3.5K for certification. As Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book and others were all in that range of $103 to $108--but the dealer sold it for $125. They said that is the market. My dealer also sold a 2022 Boxter GT4 they received and sold it within hours from a buyer in California for $147K. Yes for a boxster! One dealer warned me not to provide a deposit until there is an actual allocation (some dealers are collecting deposits knowing it will be a long time). Upfront dealers will place you on the pre-allocation waiting list for no deposit--but once an allocation opened up they collect it. Two of the dealers in my area have stopped taking 911-S pre list allocations since they said the waiting list know it will not happen. That said I am delighted for those with allocations. So I impatiently wait for an MSRP allocation. 😁😁😁😁

#11 ·
Hi everyone!

Eagle1
Congratulations on a very nice build, I love the color. I put a deposit down with my dealer in Florida last August with the hopes of getting a slot before year end though it doesn't look like its going to materialize. Have a happy new year and enjoy the new car when it finally come in

#12 ·
My time may have passed (for another), had an allocation for a Targa 4S 7sp 2022. Took delivery in Sept and sold it in late November! I think it sat in warehouse (Maryland) to long... After pulling it into my garage discovered a paint flaw in drivers rear 1/4 under clear plus a cut in paint near rear taillight assembly. I am much too fastidious to live w/ this from day to day. Never had plans to sell it. Now I can't seem to get on a list. Feel fortunate to have owned one. Loved the short show 7sp! Drove like it was on rails! Here's to 2022 and the hope of a second chance. Congrats on your build!

CHEERS!

#13 ·
Eagle 1 here...just received confirmation of production start on January 3rd. Estimated delivery early March...keep your fingers crossed!
Hi everyone!

Eagle1

#14 ·
Hi everyone!

Eagle1
Nice! Ordered my Carrera S Manual in October and according to the tracker 54 more days. Should be here March 11 2020 give to take a week or so! Hello Spring!

#20 ·
Hi everyone!

Eagle1
Congrats on your incoming 992!
still waiting for a build slot in Florida, I gave a deposit in august for a 992S Cabriolet Manual and was originally promised November but no allocations came in...still waiting and hoping I get my build slot by year end. Any updates on allocations in Florida?
New member here in So Cal & I had similar situation waiting on allocation on C2S build since early November '21 and was informed I'd probably be waiting until late this year '22 when I decided to pull plug and look at R8's. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to have allocation awarded from east coast dealer on GTS and now have production date scheduled for 2/25! Couldn't be more excited!

#21 ·
Congrats on your incoming 992!

New member here in So Cal & I had similar situation waiting on allocation on C2S build since early November '21 and was informed I'd probably be waiting until late this year '22 when I decided to pull plug and look at R8's. Luckily, I was fortunate enough to have allocation awarded from east coast dealer on GTS and now have production date scheduled for 2/25! Couldn't be more excited!
Welcome @leftwing818 and congrats on your incoming 992! To be honest, after more than 12 months waiting, I'm considering pulling the plug myself despite everybody's encouragement. Anyways, it's freezing cold here in Montreal so my shrink will help me wait a little longer. 😅

The last message from my dealer was that they "think" they could get me a build date for June! They probalby don't want me to look at the R8's! LOL!

#25 ·
Welcome @23109VC! Here in Canada, after overpromising and NEVER delivering, dealers are now finally telling the truth to their clients and the wait is 18-24 months!!! 😱 Can't help you regarding the ADM since it's illegal in Canada.

Maybe you could create a post as a new member and ask your fellow americans what are the most recent news. After delays, chips shortages, Covid and more recently a fire on a ship, who knows what the future has in store for Porsche enthusiasts. Getting an allocation from the East coast to LA like @leftwing818 was able to get seems miraculous!

Good luck!

#26 ·
Yes @CH61 miraculous is an understatement! I had been given the run around after placing a deposit on C2S back in Aug '21 for a early '22 promised allocation that turned into a "maybe late '22" allocation. I had already thrown in towel and started shopping for R8's when I was given guaranteed allocation for a '22 GTS which I now have starting production via TYD on Feb 25th! This is my first Porsche 911 so obviously I'm thrilled however @CH61 is correct that some states have very undetermined deliveries but perhaps luck will fall again out there!

#27 ·
You were definetely born under a lucky star @leftwing818 and I'm so happy for you! I still don't understand how you managed. Before the shortage, dealers used to swap allocations between them (GTS for a 4S cab, etc.) and everybody was happy. But not anymore since dealerships prefer to sell to their local customers. How can a dealer in the East Coast accomodate you in LA when his queue is endless? You must be VIP and don't know it! 😉

And now we hear that some members met disaster on the Felicity Ace...with no date of next possible production to replace it! See @Eagle1 on other thread (Fire on cargo ship affecting delays). Sad, sad news! :(

#37 ·
Happy fellows receiving your cars! Just ordered a 911 Turbo cab two weeks ago. Told to wait about 2 years.. Wasnt aware the car production situation is this bad until I'm in it.. Still having hope to get an allocation call maybe this summer?
Welcome
Happy fellows receiving your cars! Just ordered a 911 Turbo cab two weeks ago. Told to wait about 2 years.. Wasnt aware the car production situation is this bad until I'm in it.. Still having hope to get an allocation call maybe this summer?
Welcome and congratulations on your Turbo cab @AnnnnnZ; you've got alot of patience but the wait will be worthwile!

#30 ·
I am finally thinking of getting a Porsche after wanting one for many yeas. It took until I was about 50 to feel that I am in a position where I can responsibly afford one - not a Turbo car…but a base or lightly optioned S. I called my Local dealer and was told that they only currently had an allocation available for a base car and to expect to pay approx $20k over MSRP. I am not going to buy until the end of the year and this car woudl be available in August, which is too soon. I will likely wait, and am hoping that prices will start to drop closer in Time to when I am ready to buy.

Anyone here think pricing may improve later in 2022 or early 2023? It’s nuts to think that a base could cost $120 when I know people who picked up ultra low mileage turbo cars several years ago for that kind of money.

#32 ·
I am finally thinking of getting a Porsche after wanting one for many yeas. It took until I was about 50 to feel that I am in a position where I can responsibly afford one - not a Turbo car…but a base or lightly optioned S. I called my Local dealer and was told that they only currently had an allocation available for a base car and to expect to pay approx $20k over MSRP. I am not going to buy until the end of the year and this car woudl be available in August, which is too soon. I will likely wait, and am hoping that prices will start to drop closer in Time to when I am ready to buy.

Anyone here think pricing may improve later in 2022 or early 2023? It’s nuts to think that a base could cost $120 when I know people who picked up ultra low mileage turbo cars several years ago for that kind of money.
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

Just took delivery of mt Carrera S Manual last Friday and if/when you decide you wont be disappointed! The 20K over is horrible! I actually did not pay sticker and they discounted the car. I ordered it last October and I have a relationship with my dealer for 6/7 years when I bought my first Porsche, Boxster 981. I would shop around but it will have to get better eventually. What goes up must come down!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.