Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to here! Put my deposit to my local dealership (SF bay area) for a C2 in end of April and they told me I was #16 on the waitlist at that time... In mid of July, they told me I was #9 but still with no ETA. Does anyone know how long do I have to wait for the allocation in this case? Sometimes think about to buy a used one with less mileages.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi I'm new to here! Put my deposit to my local dealership (SF bay area) for a C2 in end of April and they told me I was #16 on the waitlist at that time... In mid of July, they told me I was #9 but still with no ETA. Does anyone know how long do I have to wait for the allocation in this case? Sometimes think about to buy a used one with less mileages.

Thanks in advance!
No one can tell you except that GM of the dealership . Most here went through almost a year of headache and if you van bypass that it can go a long way . I would try to stick to 2022 cars and see what you find .

·
Registered
799 Posts

Thanks in advance!
In Montreal, after overpromising and underdelivering for a long time, they don't give any estimate of time anymore. I waited almost 1 1/2 year and if you rough up my SA today he will say TWO (2) years from order to delivery. So, it all depends on how long you're willing to wait. If you find a CPO that ticks all the boxes and accept the fact that it's overpriced, go fot it. That said, up "north" prices will be going down as fall and winter approaches. Here, winter isn’t the ideal 911 driving season but it’s the best shopping season.

·
Registered
Still waiting….
29 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you. Went without a summer toy this year and I’ll be lucky to have my new allocation delivered mid summer next year (possibly later?).

I’ve been looking at used, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m waiting until I find one I fall in love with at a “reasonable” price. If I stumble across it before my allocation is close I’ll grab it.

The Canadian market is hard to read. It looks like there’s a small correction happening now. It’s likely seasonal as mentioned above but I’m wondering if interest rate adjustments are impacting buyers as well? I’ve had a couple calls returned from salesmen with cars available that had financing fall through on previous deals, so maybe things are cooling down? I’m relatively new to the Porsche club so I don’t know how recession proof sales on these cars are. I’d be interested to hear some other’s thoughts on that.

One factor that’s changing my perspective on used pricing is the newly introduced Canadian Luxury Tax which adds roughly 10% to the cost of any new 911. A couple months ago used prices were well over new MSRP. With the luxury tax plus the 2023 Porsche markup, used prices suddenly don’t look as inflated compared to the cheque I’d have to write on a new one.

No matter how you look at it, you’ve got to pay to play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts