Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 911 Carrera S cabriolet. The leather on the passenger seat has a stain on the seams that looks like something was spilled but nothing was. I am told this has happened with Porsche leather. Has anyone else experienced discoloration of seat leather? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2020 911 Carrera S cabriolet. The leather on the passenger seat has a stain on the seams that looks like something was spilled but nothing was. I am told this has happened with Porsche leather. Has anyone else experienced discoloration of seat leather? Thanks
Hey Bruce,

I have a 2021 C2S that was delivered in January of this year. I have a bit of a discoloration on the seatback of the driver's seat. I didn't notice it until about 2 months after I took delivery of the car. It is small but noticeable, especially when the light hits it at a certain angle. I asked my dealership about it and initially they said Porsche would fix it under warranty, but when they file the warranty claim, Porsche denied the claim saying that I waited too long and that I could have caused the issue. My dealer offered to fix it with a local repair shop who does all of their upholstery work, but I declined as I don't want someone ripping leather off my seats and attempting to fix the issue. Since it is on the seat back and I'm the only one who knows it's there, I've let it go. But interesting to hear that others are having issues. My interior is Club Leather in Truffle Brown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Bruce,

I have a 2021 C2S that was delivered in January of this year. I have a bit of a discoloration on the seatback of the driver's seat. I didn't notice it until about 2 months after I took delivery of the car. It is small but noticeable, especially when the light hits it at a certain angle. I asked my dealership about it and initially they said Porsche would fix it under warranty, but when they file the warranty claim, Porsche denied the claim saying that I waited too long and that I could have caused the issue. My dealer offered to fix it with a local repair shop who does all of their upholstery work, but I declined as I don't want someone ripping leather off my seats and attempting to fix the issue. Since it is on the seat back and I'm the only one who knows it's there, I've let it go. But interesting to hear that others are having issues. My interior is Club Leather in Truffle Brown.
Porsche also claimed I must have spilled something. I didn’t. I would know. This also appeared over a period of time. My detailer said this is a known problem with Porsche leather. My stain is at the seams on the passenger side. Let me know if you hear anything more. I am in Marco Island Fl..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts