Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2020 911 992 and it is equipped with Lift assist. The only way I can operate this feature is manually. is there a way for me to store/save the locations I use the lift assist in my vehicle?

I have seen that Porsche Tycoon has a place in the CAR setting to save locations. I can't find this on my 992!!

Farhad

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hello All,

I have a 2020 911 992 and it is equipped with Lift assist. The only way I can operate this feature is manually. is there a way for me to store/save the locations I use the lift assist in my vehicle?

I have seen that Porsche Tycoon has a place in the CAR setting to save locations. I can't find this on my 992!!

Farhad
I'm told the GPS assisted is on the 21 builds (to be confrimed)
I cant find any info also.

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have been told when you hit the switch to manually lift the car, a pop up shows up on the PCM screen to save the location. I do not get this POP up. I will try and go under Car ---> Control --->Vehicle --->Smart--->Lift setting and see if it exists or not! will report back soon. Thanks C for your inputs. Maybe it is true that this Smart Lift Setting is available only on the 2021 models UP

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have been told when you hit the switch to manually lift the car, a pop up shows up on the PCM screen to save the location. I do not get this POP up. I will try and go under Car ---> Control --->Vehicle --->Smart--->Lift setting and see if it exists or not! will report back soon. Thanks C for your inputs. Maybe it is true that this Smart Lift Setting is available only on the 2021 models UP
Curious to know if you find the Lift a must have option and if your car has the lowered suspension and/or the Sport design bumper (two options that would diminish the ground clearance). I realize that the need depends on your driving environment. Personally, I nerver felt the need with the Boxster. But since this will be my first 911, I'm wondering...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i love this option on my 911 992. When I am going into a gas station or anywhere there is a larger dip where the nose of the car can touch the ground, I simply lift the car momentarily to avoid ground scraping. I have now learned that on the 911 992 you do not have the option to program the location you want to lift the car. But this option exists on Tycan models.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Thanks! Since December when we last posted and after 17 months of waiting I finally got my allocation and took possession of my 992 S Cab in June. 😀

Since I didn’t spec the Sport package or the lowered suspension, I chose not to take the Lift. So far I don’t regret it but time will tell.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Since December when we last posted and after 17 months of waiting I finally got my allocation and took possession of my 992 S Cab in June. 😀

Since I didn’t spec the Sport package or the lowered suspension, I chose not to take the Lift. So far I don’t regret it but time will tell.

Welcome back!
CH61 congrats on you new car. Sorry for the late reply! I am happy that you are finally enjoying your ride.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I did add that option. Did not have to use it yet. The two areas I was concerned hence hot the system are two underground parking garages I park in. No issues in neither! Believe it or not in “flat” Miami i had scraped the bottom front several times. Especially in South Beach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts