Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not to shabby sir.
With the black car in the shop I’m really burning up the miles on the new one. I gave them the OK to pull the engine last week. It’s moving along slowly and as that goes the mileage on this car climbs.

I must say that I love driving this car so much that for the first time I’ve even considered selling the other car. It would be one less insurance, one less expense, and free up that money towards the next one into this current market. The flipside is the emotional grief I might feel seeing that empty space in my garage.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
With the black car in the shop I’m really burning up the miles on the new one. I gave them the OK to pull the engine last week. It’s moving along slowly and as that goes the mileage on this car climbs.

I must say that I love driving this car so much that for the first time I’ve even considered selling the other car. It would be one less insurance, one less expense, and free up that money towards the next one into this current market. The flipside is the emotional grief I might feel seeing that empty space in my garage.
You’ll be fine selling it. I didn’t buy my 911 to stare at it but to drive it!

·
Registered
799 Posts

If I suggest selling your turbo you might just want to hang on to it even longer. So, I'm staying neutral. LOL! Just reading the words "Pulling the engine" gives me goose bumps. Hope the bill isn't too steep.😬

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Why pull the engine? Sounds catastrophic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My thought. Hold on to it for another 12 months till we know for sure if a non hybrid 911 will be available. I believe there will be a higher demand for 911 IC's in the future. The 718's are going all EV in 2025.

·
Registered
744 Posts
You’ll be fine selling it. I didn’t buy my 911 to stare at it but to drive it!
I fully agree. I do like having the second 911 as a back up when my other one is in the shop. I also like taking turns between the two. It’s just that up until now despite really loving my 991 tattoo that I had The 992 has just said a whole new bar. I really want to drive my old car anymore so I find myself either preserving it and driving the old car or taking the 992. I absolutely love this GTS.

When I bought it I wrestled hard between buying a GT car Or going all the way into a turbo s . The GT car just seemed impossible as a daily street car. The turbo ass seem to have this disconnect having the all wheel drive. That front weight over that axle cannot be denied. It is however a supercar. It was a very tough call and at the time Both were hard to get. I am very grateful to my dealership for taking a deposit so early and giving me the first slot to get the GTS. I think they’ve only sold one or two more after me. Is that rare of a car.

·
Registered
744 Posts
These are coolant hoses right
Yes. One coolant hose broke in order to get to the engine has to be taken out. The logic is if one goes others will go eventually. The car is 15 years old. This is merely an event of aging and it’s totally repairable and preventive. There’s nothing wrong with the car itself outside of this hose. In fact the warning light came on when I was one block away from my house and I just coast it all the way to my home. It wasn’t even driven in the catastrophic state.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I fully agree. I do like having the second 911 as a back up when my other one is in the shop. I also like taking turns between the two. It’s just that up until now despite really loving my 991 tattoo that I had The 992 has just said a whole new bar. I really want to drive my old car anymore so I find myself either preserving it and driving the old car or taking the 992. I absolutely love this GTS.

When I bought it I wrestled hard between buying a GT car Or going all the way into a turbo s . The GT car just seemed impossible as a daily street car. The turbo ass seem to have this disconnect having the all wheel drive. That front weight over that axle cannot be denied. It is however a supercar. It was a very tough call and at the time Both were hard to get. I am very grateful to my dealership for taking a deposit so early and giving me the first slot to get the GTS. I think they’ve only sold one or two more after me. Is that rare of a car.
Larry, if you have a 911 tattoo, I want one too! ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts