Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading that allocations and 992's are difficult to come by. I ordered mine in October 2020 and it arrived in April 2021. It was such an exciting experience. Got the manual shift and loving the fun of driving it. A couple regrets of not ordering the painted classic wheels and alternate red interior stitching to go with my red dials and red belts. But due to cost, decided I had already stretched my budget to the max. It's now in storage for the winter. Anyway it was a dream come true for me and has been such a thrill to order a brand new 992.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just reading that allocations and 992's are difficult to come by. I ordered mine in October 2020 and it arrived in April 2021. It was such an exciting experience. Got the manual shift and loving the fun of driving it. A couple regrets of not ordering the painted classic wheels and alternate red interior stitching to go with my red dials and red belts. But due to cost, decided I had already stretched my budget to the max. It's now in storage for the winter. Anyway it was a dream come true for me and has been such a thrill to order a brand new 992.
Congratulations - beautiful car !!!

Mine arrived this past Tuesday after almost 9 months - haven’t driven it yet 🥴🥴🥴

Still at dealer being prepped.

But I live in Georgia so year round driving here.

Enjoy your car 👍👍👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congratulations. That’s a beautiful car. I ordered mine in August of 2020, got it in mid January of this year. My dealer had 35 in the prep queue when mine arrived at their place!!!!!! God save us all when these become electrified. I’m so happy with mine. Got S with 7sp manual. It’s so much fun to drive. Taking it with me as we head south for the winter. Best of luck with it and enjoy it every chance you get.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats that's a beautiful car. I'm assuming you mean the Carrera classic wheels? How do you like the manual? I hear it's great and the way i spec'd mine as well. Although PDK is amazing, i need a manual. However, the wait is killing me. If i could get mine in April I would be ecstatic as they told me expect close to 2 years (ordered in Nov)! I'm hoping things will improve in the meantime.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats that's a beautiful car. I'm assuming you mean the Carrera classic wheels? How do you like the manual? I hear it's great and the way i spec'd mine as well. Although PDK is amazing, i need a manual. However, the wait is killing me. If i could get mine in April I would be ecstatic as they told me expect close to 2 years (ordered in Nov)! I'm hoping things will improve in the meantime.
Where do you live? Wow 2 years to get your ordered car! Yes I love the manual and so happy I ordered it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wheels I wish I would have ordered are the Carrerra Exclusive Desin painted in high gloss black. Would have added another 2-3k but now I regret not having them. Oh well, I still love it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice ride! My GT Silver MANUAL Carrera S arrives March 2022….enjoy!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are where I was last year at this time, anxiously waiting for mine to arrive in March 2021. It was fun finding out the name of the cargo carrier and following that journey. This was a thrill of a life time ordering my car and seeing the dream come alive. Now its in storage for the winter but May cannot come soon enough. Enjoy your beautiful car and post some pics when you get it!!! And BTW, the manual shift is fantastic and fun to drive!!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
You are where I was last year at this time, anxiously waiting for mine to arrive in March 2021. It was fun finding out the name of the cargo carrier and following that journey. This was a thrill of a life time ordering my car and seeing the dream come alive. Now its in storage for the winter but May cannot come soon enough. Enjoy your beautiful car and post some pics when you get it!!! And BTW, the manual shift is fantastic and fun to drive!!!
Diane, I just can’t wait…the days are moving so slow! My 981 is in the garage for now also but I can stare at that once in a while….stay warm and I will post some pics down the road.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you guys are killing me here. I have like 2 years to wait, feels kinda like a pipe dream. Anyways mine is GT silver / manual as well (the only way to go). What color interior did you go with? I'm leaning my build towards black/bordeaux leather, and what wheels? Post your build if you can and of course actual photos after you take delivery. I need to live vicariously at the moment.

·
Registered
700 Posts
you guys are killing me here. I have like 2 years to wait, feels kinda like a pipe dream. Anyways mine is GT silver / manual as well (the only way to go). What color interior did you go with? I'm leaning my build towards black/bordeaux leather, and what wheels? Post your build if you can and of course actual photos after you take delivery. I need to live vicariously at the moment.
Two years seems ridiculous..where do you live? I’m in Pa. I ordered Mid October and March arrival. GT Silver Carrera S Manual, red/black interior with red convertible top along with exclusive design wheels…all in for retirement car at 55 years of age. Go for it!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Two years seems ridiculous..where do you live? I’m in Pa. I ordered Mid October and March arrival. GT Silver Carrera S Manual, red/black interior with red convertible top along with exclusive design wheels…all in for retirement car at 55 years of age. Go for it!
Also did sport design package, sport package and premium package. All in at 155.5K. Can‘t take it with ya!

·
Registered
44 Posts
From what i'm reading you're very lucky to get it that early. I'm in Ontario, Canada, and demand way outweighs allocation here. I'm getting the Carrera S coupe, and identical combo GT silver/red but have the Carrera Classic wheels. Also have sport pack, prem pack, but i have the glass sunroof as opposed to your cabriolet. My feeling is exactly the same as yours... I'm close to retirement and yes, you can't take it with you and i love to drive, especially with a manual.

·
Registered
700 Posts
From what i'm reading you're very lucky to get it that early. I'm in Ontario, Canada, and demand way outweighs allocation here. I'm getting the Carrera S coupe, and identical combo GT silver/red but have the Carrera Classic wheels. Also have sport pack, prem pack, but i have the glass sunroof as opposed to your cabriolet. My feeling is exactly the same as yours... I'm close to retirement and yes, you can't take it with you and i love to drive, especially with a manual.
Exactly! Cars that I’ve owned with a sunroof I’ve never used…to much wind buffeting. GT Silver, in my opinion shows the lines of the car much better and Manual is the only way to go until my legs fall off! Enjoy but keep asking them about the wait, must be a long list!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Exactly! Cars that I’ve owned with a sunroof I’ve never used…to much wind buffeting. GT Silver, in my opinion shows the lines of the car much better and Manual is the only way to go until my legs fall off! Enjoy but keep asking them about the wait, must be a long list!
I find with the sunroof depends on the car but yes i agree on some. The Cabriolet is tempting but I've always wanted the coupe since i was a kid, so realizing a dream in a way. Interesting that GT silver i noticed is a premium upgrade $4K+ CAD on a GT4, but only a nominal amount on the 992. Interesting Porsche math but I agree it shows the lines beautifully and is a classic Porsche color.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I find with the sunroof depends on the car but yes i agree on some. The Cabriolet is tempting but I've always wanted the coupe since i was a kid, so realizing a dream in a way. Interesting that GT silver i noticed is a premium upgrade $4K+ CAD on a GT4, but only a nominal amount on the 992. Interesting Porsche math but I agree it shows the lines beautifully and is a classic Porsche color.
I noticed the price differences on different cars also, they know what they are doing to squeeze the cash out of you!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Diane, I just can’t wait…the days are moving so slow! My 981 is in the garage for now also but I can stare at that once in a while….stay warm and I will post some pics down the road.
Question, according to my tracker my 911 was to start being built yesterday but no updates to the tracker??? Did this happen to you or is it too soon to check?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts