Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember my parents almost buying me a really old 911 from my dad's friend. I ended up with a Ford Tempo with low miles. Maybe a good thing, because I didn't know how to drive a manual car at the time. lol

I am new here, so I thought I would start with this. Cheers!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I remember my parents almost buying me a really old 911 from my dad's friend. I ended up with a Ford Tempo with low miles. Maybe a good thing, because I didn't know how to drive a manual car at the time. lol

I am new here, so I thought I would start with this. Cheers!
Welcome Brandon! Hope you've since mastered the MT and that you will eventually enjoy a 911 with a stick. Not too many of us prefer having three pedals since the PDK is so good and so fast. That's the "problem" with Porsche, having the best of both worlds!

Share your build and let us know if you have already ordered your 992?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Brandon! Hope you've since mastered the MT and that you will eventually enjoy a 911 with a stick. Not too many of us prefer having three pedals since the PDK is so good and so fast. That's the "problem" with Porsche, having the best of both worlds!

Share your build and let us know if you have already ordered your 992?
Thank you and I agree the PDK is much better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thank you and I agree the PDK is much better.
Sorry Brandon, that's not exactly what I said! LOL! ;) I personally prefer the manual transmission even if the PDK is fantastic. NOT better but certainly faster since no human being could change gears as fast as the computer. I just enjoy changing gears myself and find the driving more engaging. If speed is your only concern then yes the PDK is better! Not for me.

Drive safe! 😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.