Porsche 992 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for real world answers on whether the upcoming 992 will be turbocharged and in what models we'll see it, the following video came up. As most of you will realized its naturally aspirated, manual and hitting some high RPM numbers that would impress just about any Porsche purist!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think there would have been a revolt if they had tried to go with a turbocharged powerplant. A lot of people are saying its going to have a 9000rpm, and you have to admit that it sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there would have been a revolt if they had tried to go with a turbocharged powerplant. A lot of people are saying its going to have a 9000rpm, and you have to admit that it sounds fantastic.
the trick is to get the demographics that are typically interested in these to have no choice and brands like Ferrari are also moving to forced induction
once more exotic car makers follow suit, it'll be a matter of the lesser of all evils. :devil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The industry as a whole is moving towards smaller turbocharged engines, so its only a matter of time before Porsche follows suit to stay competitive. And a high revving engine would give enthusiasts plenty to work with in terms of aftermarket mods.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel Porsche has an obligation to do it to those higher end GT models, competition is stiff and Porsche has to keep those higher tier 911's competitive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts