Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone is familiar with timeline for a new 992 S in the US. Dealership has obtained the slot, car ordered. Curious how long before production begins, ends, shipped and delivered. I understand there is a link I will be given once production begins. That’s about all I know at this point. I’m understanding approximately 3-3 1/2 months. Input appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I placed my order about 2 months ago and the del date is 1/10/21. What is yours?
I have had a few “complications “ and should know more first of next week. Many thanks for your response!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car was ordered in August and got a slot in the November production schedule. It arrived at my dealer on December 31st. They have 35 cars to prep for delivery so I don’t have mine yet. I should have it either later this week or early next week. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wondering if anyone is familiar with timeline for a new 992 S in the US. Dealership has obtained the slot, car ordered. Curious how long before production begins, ends, shipped and delivered. I understand there is a link I will be given once production begins. That’s about all I know at this point. I’m understanding approximately 3-3 1/2 months. Input appreciated!
Hi Wideloach,
Congrats on the new order! My dealership here in North Texas used their slot and ordered a C4S per my build specs on 9/20/20 to be delivered via Port of Houston on 1/21.21. It took about 4 weeks to schedule the one week production start date. Guess they have 500 sub-cons to stage all the parts. I takes 1 week to make the car, at least it did for me; it was fully loaded with most options. After production, several weeks go by to schedule the transport to the Northern Germany ocean port. Once it.is queued in to board the large 8000 car transport ship, it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to arrive in Houston. I understand for East Coast delivery, New Jersey may be US port of entry, and would be faster than Houston. I told my dealership to tell the captain to watch out for North Atlantic ice bergs! I will order the CTech special lithium ion battery maintainer today. Your CS has a lithium ion battery, FYI...
Let us know how the journey goes.
WEP

·
Registered
10 Posts
WEP, Your car is probably on the same carrier ship mine was on. The ship is the Swift Ace. You can track on any of the various commercial ship tracking sites. My car arrived in Baltimore and then the ship left for it’s next destination. I think Houston was one of it’s stops.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting...
My dealer told me the vessel was " Viking Queen" , a direct ship from Germany to PO-Houston. How long did it take to get the your car?
WEP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered it in late August. Got in the November build slot and it arrived at my dealer on 12/31/2020. I still don’t have it because they are stacked up prepping cars for delivery. I had the clear bra the front clip and that’s the delay now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks chcumo63,
Keep me posted and I will do same. Porsche tracing sez it will arrive in Fort Worth on the 21st. Let me know when you get yours and how many miles it has on the odo.
WEP

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 992 C2S arrived home on Monday. All I can say is wow. Unfortunately, it's winter in the northeast so I won't be driving it a lot for a while, but if it's above 45, dry and sunny it'll come out to play. Haven't scratched the surface of all the onboard tech, which to me is more distraction than necessity, but that's our world. Driving is unlike anything I've driven before. Have a friend who has McLaren's and Lamborghini's and they are great. But, if you want to drive something more than once a month, this is the answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations!
Great day for me as well!
notified this morning that my Carmine C4S coupe arrived in Fort Worth , Tx.
Will get up early and go the 45 miles to the Porsche Fort Worth Autobahn dealership to pick my dream car up.
I have a space just next to my 1965 356C Light Ivory beauty.
She will be so happy to have another related Porsche , only 56 years later, only to be respectful that she had a lot to do with this 992 design.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations!
Great day for me as well!
notified this morning that my Carmine C4S coupe arrived in Fort Worth , Tx.
Will get up early and go the 45 miles to the Porsche Fort Worth Autobahn dealership to pick my dream car up.
I have a space just next to my 1965 356C Light Ivory beauty.
She will be so happy to have another related Porsche , only 56 years later, only to be respectful that she had a lot to do with this 992 design.......
Best of luck with it. I’ll post some pictures once I figure out how to do that on this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good luck with it. Nice that you have 2 to drive! I will post some photos once I figure out where to do that on this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 992 C2S arrived home on Monday. All I can say is wow. Unfortunately, it's winter in the northeast so I won't be driving it a lot for a while, but if it's above 45, dry and sunny it'll come out to play. Haven't scratched the surface of all the onboard tech, which to me is more distraction than necessity, but that's our world. Driving is unlike anything I've driven before. Have a friend who has McLaren's and Lamborghini's and they are great. But, if you want to drive something more than once a month, this is the answer.
Do yourself a favor and pop for winter tires. I have Michelin Pilot Alpin 6s and they are great. Bought a package with factory wheels from the dealer on sale. Only $50 more than the Tire Rack that couldn't tell me when the wheels (OZ) would be in stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts