Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked in to a Porsche dealer in CT to test drive a 2021 992 Carrera which was 137K. After driving I decided I wanted a Carrera S.

The salesman heard this went to his computer and pulled up a Carrera 4S in the computer and said late July 2022 delivery! MSRP around 150K. Wanted 15 percent mark up. Non negotiable.

Does this seem like fair price for current market condition?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Walked in to a Porsche dealer in CT to test drive a 2021 992 Carrera which was 137K. After driving I decided I wanted a Carrera S.

The salesman heard this went to his computer and pulled up a Carrera 4S in the computer and said late July 2022 delivery! MSRP around 150K. Wanted 15 percent mark up. Non negotiable.

ADM is not legal in Canada but our dealers have ways of getting around it. We see lots of "used" cars with less than 1,000 km and asking prices well above MSRP.

To answer your question, fair is about as subjective of a word as they come. I found the attached survey on rennlist. I wont pay any ADM so that is how I voted - because that is what is fair to me. That said, after waiting a year and a half for my car I might eat my words today and my vote if I had to do it again. Don’t know.

Only you know if having your dream car within a couple of months is worth a 15% ADM. The « bubble » will stay for a while I think. If you replace your 911 before it bursts you may not lose a penny.

it’s your call…

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

Wish him the best with HIS car.

To answer your question there are guys paying outrageous ADM's for 911's . Many California dealerships are even confronting repeat buyers with ADMs . Ct dealerships generally are high priced based on my readings on these forums . You might want too try NJ, Philadelphia , and Delaware . Particularly Phily and Delaware get praise but if you are a first time buyer from another state they may turn you away . I know for sure my dealership would because they can't even meet the demand of their local buyers who have the priority . Keep in. kind that any ADM that you pay is lost money . They already make 11 percent on each car at MSRP. I might understand it more if the car was on the lot right in front of you but the idea of ordering and waiting only to get robbed is a hard pass .

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

CHP, I ordered my 992 in Pennsylvania and took delivery in March 2022. I had a 7 year relationship with the dealer and received a 4.5% discount on the car. It’s different everywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Prices are crazy. Question? If you are buying the S just for more power, consider a GIAC chip for the base model. You get S power and torque for $2k or thereabouts. My dealer here suggested that to me. I would have done that but I wanted a manual transmission and that’s not available in the base model. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Prices are crazy. Question? If you are buying the S just for more power, consider a GIAC chip for the base model. You get S power and torque for $2k or thereabouts. My dealer here suggested that to me. I would have done that but I wanted a manual transmission and that’s not available in the base model. Just a thought.
I wanted the manual also and I was not willing to compromise that’s why I got to S. I would’ve been very happy with a base model if it had a manual transmission.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
I completely understand. Not sure why they don’t offer the manual in the base model. Oh well, I love mine and I’m sure you’ll be very happy. That’s a great color combination. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You could modify any model . Just as you could modify a base so could an S be modified. A friend of mine just modified his turbo S. You cannot compare a stock car to a modified car. I have a 700 hp 2007 911turbo. Stock the car was 480 hp. It cost twice the amount to do it. I won’t do it again because it’s very expensive and fortunately for me I never suffered a severe warranty related problem as a result of it. However when I modified cars trade it in the dealership doesn’t want it. They will give you an auction price and send it right off the auction. They cannot CPO the car . A software flash is not really enough to justify the full modification set up. My current 2007 car that I have is only one that I have done of several in that time. Every modified car that I had was better performing but got no love upon trade in .

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I completely understand. Not sure why they don’t offer the manual in the base model. Oh well, I love mine and I’m sure you’ll be very happy. That’s a great color combination. Best of luck.
Thanks, you also! It runs and drives like a beast I love it. They won’t offer it in a base model because they want you to spend more money!

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my 2022 911 Targa 4S at MSRP in September and my 2021 G63 at MSRP. I will never pay scalped prices sorry and the only sad thing about the G63 is that it was delivered in December, nothing like buying a new car that is a year old! Glad you declined the mark up! Oh and if you are wondering why the bad back drop for the pic? I have not told the wife yet and I have it hidden away in storage right next door to the Porsche dealership no lie! Damn, I need to tell her soon!! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I’m not sure what it’s like in your area. I actually got a discount, around 4.5% from my dealer after I ordered it. That sucks that he’s marking it up. If you’ve got the coin go for it!

·
Registered
1 Posts

We purchased our 2021 C2S last November in Monterey CA. 20k ADM on all 911's. Of course they had no inventory only cars on order. When ours arrived they hit us with the 20k ADM As a repeat customer, we were bale to get it down to 10k. I checked 5 other deale
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

rs in the region and they are all charging 20k ADM.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
We purchased our 2021 C2S last November in Monterey CA. 20k ADM on all 911's. Of course they had no inventory only cars on order. When ours arrived they hit us with the 20k ADM As a repeat customer, we were bale to get it down to 10k. I checked 5 other deale View attachment 748
We purchased our 2021 C2S last November in Monterey CA. 20k ADM on all 911's. Of course they had no inventory only cars on order. When ours arrived they hit us with the 20k ADM As a repeat customer, we were bale to get it down to 10k. I checked 5 other deale View attachment 748
Beautiful car but when the market is this crazy they can do whatever the hell they want. At least you got one and it’s not at the bottom of the ocean!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I’ll have to look it up, don’t know what that is!
Its somewhat of a miniature GTS . Its a base car with lightweight components . Doesn't get race tex. It gets Sportex . Its offered in. manual or PDK . Both are outstanding . Its. great entry level 911 with a bundled package of the performance options. Heres the last model. The new one is not out yet. ( SC , PSE, Etc)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Its somewhat of a miniature GTS . Its a base car with lightweight components . Doesn't get race tex. It gets Sportex . Its offered in. manual or PDK . Both are outstanding . Its. great entry level 911 with a bundled package of the performance options. Heres the last model. The new one is not out yet. ( SC , PSE, Etc)
Thank you sir!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts