Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Always looking for an out being a criminal defense attorney . . . . what is to stop you from ordering the required amount of options initially then when you get to your Lock Date, change it as desired to something less than what the dealer asked? I'd think nothing. You can do that on TYD I believe and the dealer I believe, could not stop you. What are they going to do-cancel your allocation???
They are not under any obligation to sell it to. you . They can refund a deposit anytime. You have no idea how many guys had cars stolen out from under them. When somebody would’ve the last minute outbid them on the car, they thought it was theirs.. once they refund that money they are home free

· Registered
Still waiting….
119 Posts
Spoke to Porsche Canada. They said Porsche doesn’t require certain amount of options but dealers can. They told me to try a different dealer. There is zero oversight and governance.
Extremely disappointed in Porsche Canada and even more disappointed with Pfaff. Remember this for the rest of your life and spread the word. This sellers market won’t last forever.

· Registered
1,897 Posts
At that price, i think you should get an S. Seriously, I thought we didn't have ADMs and "option forcing" here in Canada. Geezz! Why would you buy PCCB or a carbon roof if you don't want one?

Get a 992 S!
I agree, the S is awesome and I NEVER heard of forcing a client to order a specific dollar amount of options unless its a creepy dealer thing.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Hello everyone.I put a downpayment mid-Nov for a 911T allocation. To my shocking surprise, less than 2 months later, I was told today that I have received an allocation. But I need to meet the minimum 37K option price on the car (rolling my eyes) I am short 11K. If I do proceed, the car will be here in July as a 2023 MY. I can't for the life of my find anywhere online if the new 911T will get the 992.2 treatment for 2024 or not. My SA told me that Porsche will make the T only for 2023 and 2024 and only as a 992.1. Would appreciate your input.
Out of curiosity I went to the Canadian configurator.. Your sales advisor is unreasonable !!! Just like you , I loaded up the car and came 11K short . They have some nerve . Ceramic brakes would bring you close but they are not offered yet (if at all) . I started looking at what could be added and I wouldn't want to add things that I don't even like . Either the guy wants to sell you a car or he doesn't . Anyone who buys a car from him under the conditions will never want to buy another car from him again.

I have posted in Porsche forums for almost 20 years and am on my 20th Porsche myself (have 3 at the moment ) . People have posted about their sales from all over the world . I have never seen the amount of repeat nonsense that I have seen in the last year from anywhere that compares top what I am reading about Canada . Its bad enough that I detest cold weather but I have never seen an incentive this large to move to a nice warn Porsche friendly place (with beautiful women may I add ) than Miami.

Feel free to show him my post !!!

· Registered
783 Posts
Out of curiosity I went to the Canadian configurator.. Your sales advisor is unreasonable !!! Just like you , I loaded up the car and came 11K short . They have some nerve . Ceramic brakes would bring you close but they are not offered yet (if at all) . I started looking at what could be added and I wouldn't want to add things that I don't even like . Either the guy wants to sell you a car or he doesn't . Anyone who buys a car from him under the conditions will never want to buy another car from him again.

I have posted in Porsche forums for almost 20 years and am on my 20th Porsche myself (have 3 at the moment ) . People have posted about their sales from all over the world . I have never seen the amount of repeat nonsense that I have seen in the last year from anywhere that compares top what I am reading about Canada . Its bad enough that I detest cold weather but I have never seen an incentive this large to move to a nice warn Porsche friendly place (with beautiful women may I add ) than Miami.

Feel free to show him my post !!!
Now now…. @yrralis1🤨. Aside bad weather (Nov-Mar), high taxes and incompetent government (like many places) Canada is amazing. You should visit one day.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
Now now…. @yrralis1🤨. Aside bad weather (Nov-Mar), high taxes and incompetent government (like many places) Canada is amazing. You should visit one day.
I did visit on once (Niagra Falls) . I was 7 and still have my souvenir . Its one of 3 things saved from childhood . Although the Banff Hotel looks quite beautiful count me out . We have one day of cold weather here now (lows in the low 40's ) and I am pissed . I will never spend one cent to see anything cold . I'd have to be paid a lot to go .

· Registered
151 Posts
They are not under any obligation to sell it to. you . They can refund a deposit anytime. You have no idea how many guys had cars stolen out from under them. When somebody would’ve the last minute outbid them on the car, they thought it was theirs.. once they refund that money they are home free
That business practice sounds borderline criminal! Unbelievable.

· Registered
783 Posts
I did visit on once (Niagra Falls) . I was 7 and still have my souvenir . Its one of 3 things saved from childhood . Although the Banff Hotel looks quite beautiful count me out . We have one day of cold weather here now (lows in the low 40's ) and I am pissed . I will never spend one cent to see anything cold . I'd have to be paid a lot to go .
@yrralis1, put some long pants on go out and enjoy the day😝. It will be 58 today, perfect weather to break in the Michelins….

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
I agree. I have heard few not so nice stories about that dealership. Sales and service. You are not buying a honda civic, expand your dealer search. It is very easy nowadays. Trust me there are some honest ones out there.
Outside if you getting your car without incident every other 911 story with any other Canadian dealership has had some issue . The 3 year contract in Montreal was the worst of it .

· Registered
783 Posts
I have been driving the Michelins but Bobby doesn't want to hear any more tire talk .
Outside if you getting your car without incident every other 911 story with any other Canadian dealership has had some issue . The 3 year contract in Montreal was the worst of it .
That 3yr thing I still do not understand.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You make a good point. I’m gonna talk to my SA and have a straight conversation with him. As much as I want this car, I won’t be comfortable feeling like I’m being ripped off. Will keep you all posted.

· Registered
Still waiting….
119 Posts
You make a good point. I’m gonna talk to my SA and have a straight conversation with him. As much as I want this car, I won’t be comfortable feeling like I’m being ripped off. Will keep you all posted.
That's the unfortunate reality of buying a 992 today. You either wait for a year+ for a new allocation or overpay for used. Reputable dealers aren't doing what Pfaff is to you, but all the dealers seem to be prioritizing your position in the allocation queue based on the value of your trade. Those of us without a trade are the lowest priority and have the longest wait.

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,312 Posts
That's the unfortunate reality of buying a 992 today. You either wait for a year+ for a new allocation or overpay for used. Reputable dealers aren't doing what Pfaff is to you, but all the dealers seem to be prioritizing your position in the allocation queue based on the value of your trade. Those of us without a trade are the lowest priority and have the longest wait.
The trade is one thing that is important. It’s not everything though. What’s also important is how many cars you’ve bought there. A first time buyer cannot expect the same type of prioritization as someone who spent over $1 million in the dealership.

· Registered
151 Posts
The trade is one thing that is important. It’s not everything though. What’s also important is how many cars you’ve bought there. A first time buyer cannot expect the same type of prioritization as someone who spent over $1 million in the dealership.
I got lucky-no trade, no prior dealings with Porsche Buffalo and no ADM. I put a deposit down on an S 8/2021 and changed that to a request for a T 10/20/2022. Two months later to the day I got my allocation. Pure luck apparently!

21 - 40 of 73 Posts