Porsche 992 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

Registered
I got lucky-no trade, no prior dealings with Porsche Buffalo and no ADM. I put a deposit down on an S 8/2021 and changed that to a request for a T 10/20/2022. Two months later to the day I got my allocation. Pure luck apparently!
Well, did you tell them you were a criminal attorney when you put your order? 馃槄

Registered
You make a good point. I鈥檓 gonna talk to my SA and have a straight conversation with him. As much as I want this car, I won鈥檛 be comfortable feeling like I鈥檓 being ripped off. Will keep you all posted.
First off congrats! But secondly did you have a chance to speak to your dealer yet? I'm curious. I'm guessing if you don't take it the next guy in line will unfortunately. Sad business practice.

Registered
Still waiting鈥.
First off congrats! But secondly did you have a chance to speak to your dealer yet? I'm curious. I'm guessing if you don't take it the next guy in line will unfortunately. Sad business practice.
The dealers seem to be full of T allocations. I was offered 2 in the last week by different dealerships.

I've been waiting months for a C2S and the dealership promised me a summer of 23 delivery. They told me today that I've been bumped down the list again so no new S coming for me this summer. 馃槩

If a T matches your wish list grab it now!

Registered
The dealers seem to be full of T allocations. I was offered 2 in the last week by different dealerships.

I've been waiting months for a C2S and the dealership promised me a summer of 23 delivery. They told me today that I've been bumped down the list again so no new S coming for me this summer. 馃槩

What was the reason for being bumped down the list?

Registered
2022 992 GTS

Maybe get a T and modestly spec it . Its a fantastic car .

Registered
2022 992 GTS
$$$$$

People with trades or 鈥渉ighly optioned鈥 cars are getting allocations. I think we鈥檒l all be in a nursing home before they give me an allocation.
Take the T . Don鈥檛 put rear axle or a lot of fluff . You can get pdk if you want. It鈥檚 a great car . I built them as low as the 120s .

Registered

Evidently, Porsche AG is producing the new model T in priority. A year ago, after waiting for 14 months, the GTS came out. And dealerships were suddenly getting a bunch of allocations for it...instead of the middle of the range C2S. Even worse, I wanted a C2S cab! Oh my! Larry tried to make me change queue but that was impossible as the waiting list for the GTS was already very long.

Does that mean that the T model is having less "general" appeal or is it aimed at a smaller "niche" of Porsche enthusiasts. Botton line, "T" allocations are available in Canada and the US. And since production will be for only 2023-2024 (I think), anybody interested should grab one while they can.

Registered
2022 992 GTS
I don鈥檛 think 鈥渆verything happens for a reason鈥. I think it鈥檚 a clich茅 quote . I think things just happen.

However, I think I know the reason why Porsche is producing the T in larger proportion. It鈥檚 their last model and will probably be out for two years like the last one. They want to produce the most of them in the first year all these rumors about 鈥2024鈥 being the re-fresh is usually premature. I believe the car will premiere in 2024 at an auto show at arrive as a 2025 model.

Registered
I don鈥檛 think 鈥渆verything happens for a reason鈥. I think it鈥檚 a clich茅 quote . I think things just happen.

However, I think I know the reason why Porsche is producing the T in larger proportion. It鈥檚 their last model and will probably be out for two years like the last one. They want to produce the most of them in the first year all these rumors about 鈥2024鈥 being the re-fresh is usually premature. I believe the car will premiere in 2024 at an auto show at arrive as a 2025 model.
In Larry 鈥淲e Trust!鈥 Always has the inside track!

Registered

You're absolutely right Larry (you didn't read the end of my quote)! ;)

Registered

That's my plan! As i said before the T gives me 98% of what I'm looking for. I suspect as was mentioned they're apparently producing a bunch now at the same time then once that has dried up, it might be tough to get one.

Registered
That's my plan! As i said before the T gives me 98% of what I'm looking for. I suspect as was mentioned they're apparently producing a bunch now at the same time then once that has dried up, it might be tough to get one.
One will look at 98% satisfied as amazing. Another will see it as not good enough. You must ask yourself鈥.which group you are in馃槒

41 - 60 of 73 Posts