Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings from Montreal!

They say that "Everything comes to him who waits...". Not so sure who said that because after waiting 10 months, I still don't have an allocation for a 992 2S Cab. I put my deposit in January 2021 at Porsche Lauzon and still no news despite regular contacts with my Porsche SA.

I perfectly understand the present situation but Porsche treats their clients poorly with very little communication. Number of allocations, place on the waiting list, etc. Eveything seems so "secret"! And I have bought a few cars with them in the past (2 Boxsters and a Macan S 2017). Today, I've learned that they will be getting a third of their average allocations for 2022! :( So frustrating.

How many 911 enthusiasts are in the same situation? Any words of comfort would be appeciated.

They also say "Beware of the fury of a patient man..." LOL!

CH61
PNBVUD47
The Porsche Code

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome
ive only been waiting a few months but been given next June as a potential date.....that could all be one in the sky from Porsche but who knows
good luck mate
Thanks and good luck to you too mate (always wanted to say that)! In Montreal, clients are now told 18-24 months before delivery. :oops: In my situation, no one foresaw what was coming last january. So I had to go from one postponement to another with NO communication or explanation from Porsche. It was the "don't call us, we'll call you" attitude that was frustrating and that made be elaborate the wildest "conspiracies": who's getting the allocations? prefered client passing in front of me on the list, etc.

My only consolation in that "Winter is coming" here in Montreal and driving a 911 in the snow is not an option (for me). So, I was hoping for next spring or summer until I was told that the latest news were bad and that 2022 allocations would be down to a third! Grrrr!

Anyways, there are more important problems in the world.

Take care mate or like we say in Québec, au revoir mon ami!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings from Montreal!

They say that "Everything comes to him who waits...". Not so sure who said that because after waiting 10 months, I still don't have an allocation for a 992 2S Cab. I put my deposit in January 2021 at Porsche Lauzon and still no news despite regular contacts with my Porsche SA.

I perfectly understand the present situation but Porsche treats their clients poorly with very little communication. Number of allocations, place on the waiting list, etc. Eveything seems so "secret"! And I have bought a few cars with them in the past (2 Boxsters and a Macan S 2017). Today, I've learned that they will be getting a third of their average allocations for 2022! :( So frustrating.

How many 911 enthusiasts are in the same situation? Any words of comfort would be appeciated.

They also say "Beware of the fury of a patient man..." LOL!

CH61
PNBVUD47
The Porsche Code
Ordered my 2022 Targa4s in April received in September very lucky! Put my deposit down in July 2020 for first 2022 allocation man was I shocked and truly did not believe I would get this car! Waiting for my 21G63 that just came off the line and a 2022 C8 Corvette and I am done for a while!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your post @22Targa4S. I'm really happy for you (and a little jealous)! I will try to be patient and hope for the best 🤞. Just wish Porsche kept us (and their dealerships) in the loop. :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put a deposit down in JUNE for a 992 GTS and have just been given a build slot for February 4th next year and delivery March ,hopefully it’ll be a Spring car.
Congrats Steve! If you have a build date then you're set and should have a Spring GTS. At least your car won't have to cross the Atlantic ocean! LOL! Are you still playing with the configurator or is your mind set on a final build? What is your spec as of today?

Here in Montreal, my dealer just received a few GTS allocations. I'm now 1st in line for the next Cabrio S. Or is that what they tell everybody? Hmm...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats Steve! If you have a build date then you're set and should have a Spring GTS. At least your car won't have to cross the Atlantic ocean! LOL! Are you still playing with the configurator or is your mind set on a final build? What is your spec as of today?

Here in Montreal, my dealer just received a few GTS allocations. I'm now 1st in line for the next Cabrio S. Or is that what they tell everybody? Hmm...
I’ve virtually decided on our spec,lock down is 23rd Dec
If you put this code into the PORSCHE code website and let me know what you think.
PNQ9 ATQ0

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve virtually decided on our spec,lock down is 23rd Dec
If you put this code into the PORSCHE code website and let me know what you think.
PNQ9 ATQ0
Looks GREAT! Perfect spec with a beautiful color combo. Love Crayon but my brother beat me to it for his 718 GTS 4.0 (see pic). My 911 had to be a cabrio (apologies to the purists) with a stick (need my 3 pedals). And since I won't track the car, I didn't add any "performance" extras. The rest is a question of taste but I needed a change from the classic grey/black colors. So, for the first time, I’ll be going for a light leather interior :oops:. Here is my code as of November 25th 2021. It could change (price is in worthless Can$):

PNTPYQ73
Le Code Porsche

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks GREAT! Perfect spec with a beautiful color combo. Love Crayon but my brother beat me to it for his 718 GTS 4.0 (see pic). My 911 had to be a cabrio (apologies to the purists) with a stick (need my 3 pedals). And since I won't track the car, I didn't add any "performance" extras. The rest is a question of taste but I needed a change from the classic grey/black colors. So, for the first time, I’ll be going for a light leather interior :oops:. Here is my code as of November 25th 2021. It could change (price is in worthless Can$):

PNTPYQ73
Le Code Porsche
Looks great,I’m a PDK man they’re so good that I personally wouldn’t have another manual.my favourite interior colour the light grey but I’ve always been concerned about keeping it clean.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed, the PDK is amazing! It's faster and more practical than the manual transmission. I just have more fun changing gears myself. Especially when Porsche offers probably the best manual transmission available in "any" sports car! So many manufacturers have completely removed the option of a manual. :(

And you're right about the light grey leather interior. Guess it'll need a ceramic coating protection. That's the beauty of building a 911. You can configure it to your own taste. But however it's specked, it'll always be a "Neunelfer"!

Cheers, mate! 🥂

1 - 11 of 11 Posts