Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2022 992 GTS
1,314 Posts
Not sure if anyone posted the news, the build your Porsche website is all new. Really nice.
Perahps I spent so long on the last configurator that the short consolidated ease made it better than this long drawn out process . It still won't create an exact image . I am the minority . I have one friend who feels the same but the overwhelming majority like the new one more .

· Registered
26 Posts
To me, it is a bit more confusing and cumbersome. Also, the Paint to Sample option finally showed the real color in the most recent configurator (after years of a green stock color) and that went away again.

· Registered
1,273 Posts
If you open a previously configured car, it will still show the correct PTS color: The Porsche Code

Now you guys know my dream spec, but not gonna happen for a while, a little too expensive.
Beautiful! But that configurator is a dangerous tool and can make our dreams « impossible » when we tick all those boxes and get all the perks. Take a few off and make it happen sooner than later.

Sorry if you have posted it already but what are you driving now? Is it really a 964?😊 For me that would be the best Classic 911! I love it but I imagine that pampering such a car (1989-1994) must be expensive. 😅

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Beautiful! But that configurator is a dangerous tool and can make our dreams « impossible » when we tick all those boxes and get all the perks. Take a few off and make it happen sooner than later.

Sorry if you have posted it already but what are you driving now? Is it really a 964?😊 For me that would be the best Classic 911! I love it but I imagine that pampering such a car (1989-1994) must be expensive. 😅
It is a dangerous tool! I find myself on there once or twice a week! 🥹

· Registered
26 Posts

Yes, it is a 1991 C4 Coupe. I love the car, and especially for driving around town or canyon drives in Malibu it is the best. 250 hp is nothing these days but totally sufficient to move this car right along, also has such a tiny footprint compared to the newer models. Maintenance can be a handful at the beginning to sort things out but once it is done it is not too bad :)

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes, it is a 1991 C4 Coupe. I love the car, and especially for driving around town or canyon drives in Malibu it is the best. 250 hp is nothing these days but totally sufficient to move this car right along, also has such a tiny footprint compared to the newer models. Maintenance can be a handful at the beginning to sort things out but once it is done it is not too bad :)
Beautiful! I can see the pic of the guards red 964 in your avatar! If you have more, please share.

Are you pulling the trigger on a 992?

· Registered
26 Posts
Won't pull the trigger on a 992 this year; too much else going on and not willing to pay ADM. I am almost more inclined to get the 911 50th Anniversary. But I have already a 911 991.1S which is very similar to the 50th (basically the same without powerkit and the visual upgrades) so hard to stomach the huge premium to pay for the 50th

· Registered
1,273 Posts
Won't pull the trigger on a 992 this year; too much else going on and not willing to pay ADM. I am almost more inclined to get the 911 50th Anniversary. But I have already a 911 991.1S which is very similar to the 50th (basically the same without powerkit and the visual upgrades) so hard to stomach the huge premium to pay for the 50th
I remember posting the release of the 50th anniversary. It's a Targa model right? I agree with you that such models have lots of hype and marketing around them and that the extra premium isn't always worth it. Personally, I prefer your guards red 964 to any "All Black" Targa (of any gen). I found the vid below and they know how to sell a car! 😅 Can you even get one? At the time, I jokingly said that the 50th Anniversary model would probably arrive for the 51st or 52 anniversary. Well, at least before the 60th! :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts