Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Well, this is the 50-year design edition; the 50th anniversary was a 2014 model based on the 991.1S. Here is the original press release:

Oh boy, I was really off track (pun intended)! But that's ok since i also mix our anniversary with our birhdays! LOL! Seriously, it is a 991.1 C2S with a wide body and a little more HP with the Power kit. The rest is cosmetic. But if you're sentimental and like limited editions, that car didn't depreciate much from what I see. Some are asking over 2014 MSRP! :unsure:

· Registered
26 Posts
Oh boy, I was really off track (pun intended)! But that's ok since i also mix our anniversary with our birhdays! LOL! Seriously, it is a 991.1 C2S with a wide body and a little more HP with the Power kit. The rest is cosmetic. But if you're sentimental and like limited editions, that car didn't depreciate much from what I see. Some are asking over 2014 MSRP! :unsure:
Yeah, it is a good combo, IMO a very successful anniversary edition and the fact that they were limited to 1,963 worldwide makes it a good collector's item in the long run.

· Registered
26 Posts
Bobby, I can sense that your next 911 will definitely be red! But I have to ask @P964 if his has the original paint on it! Can't believe it is. And isn't it guards red?
Bobby, I can sense that your next 911 will definitely be red! But I have to ask @P964 if his has the original paint on it! Can't believe it is. And isn't it guards red?
Yes, it is guards red and allegedly original paint.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Yes, it is guards red and allegedly original paint.
Impressive! It looks in pristine condition and I would happily drive a red 964! But for some reason, I don’t like it as much on the 992! Maybe because that exact 964 was my dream car as a « young » man and now I’m, we’ll, just older! 😅 I think I may need therapy to understand or one of Bobby’s pills! 🤪

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Impressive! It looks in pristine condition and I would happily drive a red 964! But for some reason, I don’t like it as much on the 992! Maybe because that exact 964 was my dream car as a « young » man and now I’m, we’ll, just older! 😅 I think I may need therapy to understand or one of Bobby’s pills! 🤪
No problem Prince Charles…let me look into o_O My magic bag for a special pill💊 for you. You deserve the best!

· Registered
26 Posts
I would not pay PTS money to get guards red on a 992. Enough standard or premium colors available as is and I agree that for a 992 it would not be the best color

21 - 30 of 30 Posts