Porsche 992 Forum banner

New Porsche owner 992 4 GTS 2023

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  jaypej 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I just joined the Porsche owner family few days ago by buying a new 992 4 GTS. This is my first porsche ever all model included and actually first sport car…and even first time i would be driving a Porsche 911 ever. So it’s a big jump.

My interest for cars started when i bought an X7 m50i for the family and i enjoyed so much the V8 500hp engine that i decided to go for something fun for my self. Started by looking at some M cars at BMW… then moved slowly to Porsche by looking at a Panamera first… too old style and too long. Then why not Taycan ! Because it has some more room compared to 911, can be somehow a family car… and the design of the car is so awesome… but i was missing the old fashion noise of the engine that i love so much on my X7 V8. Also we are maybe at the last generation of the non electric car so i end up skipping…Porsche will become of master of those electric cars in few decades for sure but now their master piece are the thermic engines. I then started to look after a Macan GTS. Small enough car, very family oriented and can be fun. But after a few talks left and right and the Yrralis story’s about his 992 i decided to go 911.

I started then to look for allocations… and as you know heavy wait list everywhere and (still) ridiculous marks up. At the end and a bit randomly i found this GTS already built with no mark up on the market, delivery mid march.
It was a hard choice to make… i was really looking to build my porsche my self, et was not sure if buying the 992.1 just before the 992.2 was a good idea. But i end up jumping on it… the built was in line with my needs and getting the 992.2 could have been a 2 year wait given my zero history with the dealers around me. I would expect also some craziness around mark ups when it will be available. And the 992.1 is so good anyway !!

4 GTS built

i did ask for a full wrap and i can’t wait to get that little baby home
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Yralis1 ;) I got lucky indeed to find that build. Was looking first to go 2S and end up 4GTS. And i did actually already spent hours on that configurators and in the forums. You can geek for hours and hours on Porsches !! Like you said, somehow got lucky to get that built already done, i did put a hard stop to the configurator madness 🤣

Good point on the side markers… will get that. I guess you are talking about the clear ones… they look great indeed. Unclear to me if this is legal or not in the US…. But it look like that it’s quite standard to change them.

I was also looking to ask my dealer to get me some hardwiring for radar detectors near the rear mirror. Not that i want to get crazy on the roads but good to have it i guess… good idea ?