Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Looking forward to hearing everyone's spin on the 992 variant . My ride; 2021 Carrera S Aventurine Green PDK Sport Chrono Coupe. Ordered new in June of 2020, and took possession late December 2020. Been a real pleasure , and still love it as much as the first time I drove it. Luckily I timed it right and got a small discount on my order. Cheers Babyray

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hello all. Looking forward to hearing everyone's spin on the 992 variant . My ride; 2021 Carrera S Aventurine Green PDK Sport Chrono Coupe. Ordered new in June of 2020, and took possession late December 2020. Been a real pleasure , and still love it as much as the first time I drove it. Luckily I timed it right and got a small discount on my order. Cheers Babyray
I like Aventurine in the sun . How has the car been in terms of reliability ? My new car has a tough act to follow. My 991.2 GTS gave me 50K miles of zero problems .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually its been very reliable. I currently have 8500 miles on it and the only issue was a service bulletin to repair the PDK gear selector. It operated fine, just didn't light up the manual and park indicator lights. I tried the Soul Sport Cats , but couldn't seem to avoid a check engine light. I liked the sound, but ultimately ended up removing them and installing the Akrapovic slip on exhaust , which I'm very pleased with. No CEL's. Anyway, happy to be here and enjoying the ride. Cheers, RS

·
Registered
858 Posts
Actually its been very reliable. I currently have 8500 miles on it and the only issue was a service bulletin to repair the PDK gear selector. It operated fine, just didn't light up the manual and park indicator lights. I tried the Soul Sport Cats , but couldn't seem to avoid a check engine light. I liked the sound, but ultimately ended up removing them and installing the Akrapovic slip on exhaust , which I'm very pleased with. No CEL's. Anyway, happy to be here and enjoying the ride. Cheers, RS
BabyRay, ordered my 992 last October and took delivery March of 22. I have the Carrera S in a Manual and simply LOVE the car! The performance, handling are outstanding. I previous has a 981 and like you also received a 4.5% discount. Welcome and enjoy this forum!
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Plant Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You may be « Babyray » but you must be one of the members with the most experience driving the 992! Glad to hear you can confirm the reliability after almost 2 years and 8.5K miles 👍 These days, it’s the electronics that scare me not the engine! 😬

Touch wood, no warning lights after 2K km! 😅

Bobby should hit 8K klicks after 6 or 7 months! 🤪He goes out to buy his groceries ONE item at a time and takes the long way home everytime! I do the same with my beer bottles. One at a time. This car is so much fun to drive! 😀

·
Registered
858 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You may be « Babyray » but you must be one of the members with the most experience driving the 992! Glad to hear you can confirm the reliability after almost 2 years and 8.5K miles 👍 These days, it’s the electronics that scare me not the engine! 😬

Touch wood, no warning lights after 2K km! 😅

Bobby should hit 8K klicks after 6 or 7 months! 🤪He goes out to buy his groceries ONE item at a time and takes the long way home everytime! I do the same with my beer bottles. One at a time. This car is so much fun to drive! 😀
Omg that’s so funny! It will be tucked away over the winter so less miles and getting my kicks now!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Omg that’s so funny! It will be tucked away over the winter so less miles and getting my kicks now!
Same here. I tuck my car in a storage and detailing shop that I’ve known for years. Told the owner that he might have to pry the keys and the 911 from my fingers when time comes. Let’s enjoy the moment. Lots of time left…

·
Registered
858 Posts
Same here. I tuck my car in a storage and detailing shop that I’ve known for years. Told the owner that he might have to pry the keys and the 911 from my fingers when time comes. Let’s enjoy the moment. Lots of time left…
It’s amazing isn’t it? I even have a very cool car cover for it but I don’t even wanna cover it up come winter!

·
Registered
606 Posts
S

Still in Pa. 😒 Someday Florida will be in my future.
FL is great but talking to Larry and LK, we found out that Miami was just too hot for a cab! At least in the summer months. And if I remember correctly when we used to go there on vacation, it gets super hot starting in April and probably earlier nowadays.

So basically the exact opposite to here in terms of ideal cab driving. You could drive with your top down from November to April. And then only in the evenings. The « storage » is just reversed for the cab lover. 🤪

« Up North », winter is harsh and miserable if you don’t do any outdoor sports but we have 4 seasons and lots of colors in the fall. And if you’re a little nuts, you could actually drive with your top down even in winter if you wanted. My brother does it. Heated seats and steering wheel with the heater on, it’s lots of fun. 😉🤪

Ok, Ok, I’ll think about FL for the future. But it’s sooo hot in the summer!!!🥵 I can’t handle one day in Montreal like today (40C or 104F)!

·
Registered
858 Posts
FL is great but talking to Larry and LK, we found out that Miami was just too hot for a cab! At least in the summer months. And if I remember correctly when we used to go there on vacation, it gets super hot starting in April and probably earlier nowadays.

So basically the exact opposite to here in terms of ideal cab driving. You could drive with your top down from November to April. And then only in the evenings. The « storage » is just reversed for the cab lover. 🤪

« Up North », winter is harsh and miserable if you don’t do any outdoor sports but we have 4 seasons and lots of colors in the fall. And if you’re a little nuts, you could actually drive with your top down even in winter if you wanted. My brother does it. Heated seats and steering wheel with the heater on, it’s lots of fun. 😉🤪

Ok, Ok, I’ll think about FL for the future. But it’s sooo hot in the summer!!!🥵 I can’t handle one day in Montreal like today (40C or 104F)!
I enjoy the change of seasons here in Pa with a nice fire etc but winter I would do a snowbird transfer back and forth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the welcome. My car definitely is not my daily driver, and I'm fortunate enough to live in the Sierra Nevada foothills with plenty of twisty roads. Haven't driven it for a couple weeks, tomorrow I think will be the day . RS
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. My car definitely is not my daily driver, and I'm fortunate enough to live in the Sierra Nevada foothills with plenty of twisty roads. Haven't driven it for a couple weeks, tomorrow I think will be the day . RS View attachment 906 View attachment 906
Very nice! Aventurine green is another one of those colors with different personalities according to the lighting. The green must pop more in the sun. Tell us more and share your build.

Sad you don’t drive it more often. Then again I don’t know what else you drive. LOL! 🤪

After only 2 months, I’m still in my honeymoon period and driving the 911 to and from work is such a pleasure, a moment of bliss and like I said before, my personal therapy. At work, I start thinking about it around 3PM, looking for her through the window, hoping nothing happened to her despite the gated private parking. I know, I’m crazy, I sometimes feel I’m cheating on my wife! 🤣

I’ll have to store it when winter comes and it will be difficult. But when spring arrives, the excitement will reach its dramatic peak and it will be like the « first time » all over again! LOL! I think I am cheating on my wife. 😉

1 - 18 of 18 Posts