Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being told that Porsche hasn't opened up any allocations for the 2023 model year yet. I was originally told I was going to be able to order in June. I was hoping to get my order submitted for my 2023 911 Turbo S now. Has anybody heard anything about the timing of the 2023 models?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm being told that Porsche hasn't opened up any allocations for the 2023 model year yet. I was originally told I was going to be able to order in June. I was hoping to get my order submitted for my 2023 911 Turbo S now. Has anybody heard anything about the timing of the 2023 models?
I put a deposit for a 23' Turbo last month. Dealer told me it will be a 12 months wait and to not contact them before:(. I thought it's a good thing as there are pictures circulating online suggesting a facelift and I would want to see it first before I put an order.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I think a year is being optimistic . I waited a year and things have gotten worse . On Rennlist they are saying 2 years . I didn't ask about another 911 but did ask about. Macan GTS .
"12 months" is what I was told .

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Haven’t heard but I’ll check with my SA.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In Montreal, after saying 18-24 months, they now refuse to give ANY waiting period! So at least 2 years seems to be more likely here. That said, Porsche may decide to produce more Turbos since that model has the highest profit margin. A way to compensate the diminished production numbers. Who knows?

·
Registered
11 Posts
In Montreal, after saying 18-24 months, they now refuse to give ANY waiting period! So at least 2 years seems to be more likely here. That said, Porsche may decide to produce more Turbos since that model has the highest profit margin. A way to compensate the diminished production numbers. Who knows?
Sorry for late post. I recd a 2022 GT3 Touring allocation in Nov 21. Car is a PTS and CXX build. After much delayed response back from PAG build got approved this spring. Due to shortages and boat calamity car is now a 2023 build in fall of this year. Dlrs still have not recd 2023 allocations but they are expected to be less. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sorry for late post. I recd a 2022 GT3 Touring allocation in Nov 21. Car is a PTS and CXX build. After much delayed response back from PAG build got approved this spring. Due to shortages and boat calamity car is now a 2023 build in fall of this year. Dlrs still have not recd 2023 allocations but they are expected to be less. Time will tell.
I thought it was going to get better….guess not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I currently have a 2021. I was offered at 2022 allocation in March as long as I traded in my 2021 for it. For whatever reason, they said I couldn't get the "Sports Package" on the 2022. I want the "Sports Package". I told them I wanted the 2023 with the "Sports Package". As far as time, it's not looking good. They tried to talk me into doing a pre-trade. I said hell no. LOL. I'd be without a Porsche for who knows how long. I'm glad I have my 2021.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I currently have a 2021. I was offered at 2022 allocation in March as long as I traded in my 2021 for it. For whatever reason, they said I couldn't get the "Sports Package" on the 2022. I want the "Sports Package". I told them I wanted the 2023 with the "Sports Package". As far as time, it's not looking good. They tried to talk me into doing a pre-trade. I said hell no. LOL. I'd be without a Porsche for who knows how long. I'm glad I have my 2021.
Exactly, don’t budge. Was considering a Spyder. My SA asked if I was interested. Yes but NO pre trade.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Why would you replace your 2021 for a 2022?! As the 992 approaches the midpoint of its life cycle, the next "update" will be in 2024. Even then, I suspect that the 992.2 will be marked out from the current car chiefly by way of subtle styling evolutions, as has historically been the case for 911 updates.

It has been suggested that the 992.2 would be hybrid. Who knows?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2022 Turbo S on order, just received my VIN number. I didn't get the Sports Package either. Porsche said not available. I'll be super happy anyway...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure about 2023 allocations for the 911 Turbo S. I have a 2022 ready to be built. But, I also wanted a 2023 Cayenne Turbo GT. I just received my allocation for that last week. Projected build 12/22. So they are releasing some 2023 allocations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dlr confirmed my 2023 build is now locked and schld for production mid Sept. So far everything moving fwrd.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts