Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
992 GTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought perhaps I was the only silly old man to buy a 992 at 70+ !!!
Reading this forum I realise there are others as mad as myself….
My current car is one of the 997 Carrera Club Coupes (13 built) and I thought it would be fun to match it
After considerable negotiation I have got Porsche to build me a matching 992 GTS
So paint to sample in Brewster Green (colour the Porsche Family normally favour) with Expresso leather, ceramic brakes with yellow callipers and much, much more!
will replace the photo of my 997 with one of 992 when I get it
completion scheduled for mid November
I regard it as expensive therapy as the project has stopped going mad during the various COVID lockdowns!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My current car is one of the 997 Carrera Club Coupes (13 built) and I thought it would be fun to match it
After considerable negotiation I have got Porsche to build me a matching 992 GTS
So paint to sample in Brewster Green (colour the Porsche Family normally favour) with Expresso leather, ceramic brakes with yellow callipers and much, much more!
I regard it as expensive therapy as the project has stopped going mad during the various COVID lockdowns!!
Had a Ferrari California and was afraid I was getting too old to get in and out at 75. Traded for a MB S500 Cab and didn't like it. Now I'm back to my senses, driving a 992 S2 Cab. It's worth the extra "oomph" to drive it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took delivery on my 992 911 CS manual on 3/20/21, five months after my 75th birthday. I’m loving it. Keeps you young !

·
Registered
992 GTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a wonder welcome to the Forum…..thank you all
i am excited at getting the car and am just starting to read great things about the GTS.
Seems as if it will have been worth the long wait
Buying a GTS makes life easier as so many options are included
Apart from Paint to Sample, I have added Truffle Brown Club leather with crayon stitching, slide/tilt roof, Bose, Sport design body kit, Adaptive Sports Seats Plus……..etc.
72 and I can’t sleep because I am so excited……..pathetic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts