Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this thread November allocation poll - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

What’s interesting about it are the number of hits for the GTS. That implies to me that Porsche dealerships are given the most allocation in that car at this particular time. It would make sense because it’s a car which they can make a lot of money on. Is it ongoing joke that the GTS is constantly being referred to as “the sweet spot“. Apparently it’s priced in the range where the base and S buyer might stretch and the turbo buyer might feel content enough with the level of performance if it’s more available. It can also be spec in a lean range as well as a loaded up price .

I think we’ve seen some recent people looking for availability and I think this may be the car to ask about.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The next in line is the Carrera S. I think Porsche played it to the middle with allocation. My guess is most of those people are on the waiting list but that’s where it gets tricky. I think some of them may have moved on if they’ve waited a long time. They may have given up. Keep in mind you only have to find one car in the dealership open to sell it to you. Those two models of the S and the GTS are the places I would be asking about in the lineup.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to add to the thread. I got a text from an acquaintance who I met at my dealership. He was on the waiting list for a GTS for 1.5 years. He became restless and started making phone calls and found a car where the deal fell through in another state and purchased it. It’s not his first choice color. He’s a little disappointed about the color. My dealership offered an MSRP for it if he’s willing to wait longer and he rejected it. I haven’t seen the car yet but I understand it’s black metallic with black interior. His first choice color was a gate gray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts