Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I picked up a 2022 992 GTS at the end of Apr (traded in a 2018 991.2 GTS) and while I Iike it better than the 991 (and I loved the 991) I'm running into a couple of minor glitches - and if google is any indication I'm the the only person on the planet seeing these problems. (i.e. no hits after searching). I'm hoping someone here might have some insight before I make an appt with the dealer for a car that has less 2K mi on it.
Info:
1) It's the latest version of PCM (wireless Android Auto and colored icons)
2) It periodically forgets my Burmester settings (bass, treble, balance, fader, etc) Sometimes it remembers it over night then it will will return to the defaults after I get back in the car after stopping at a store for a few minutes. I can't discern a pattern.
3) It's not just the stereo, it's also forgets the setting that turns the volume of media lower when the car is in reverse (I turn that option off, I don't want the volume lowered) That's usually the first clue the PCM has reverted to defaults, when i put the car in reverse in the media audio lowers
4) The calendar, news, etc used to got to....calender and news, etc. Now when I press those icons it thinks for a second and just takes me back to the home screen, though my custom home screen has weather as one of the tiles and it's still working there.
5) This isn't PCM related but I periodically get an error message 'The auto stop function is not working' when i start the car- and the option to turn it off / on disappears from the options. I usually keep the car is Sport so it's not that big a deal but either way, sometimes it works fine, other times i get the error message and the engine does not stop when i'm in Normal - and I know it tried because the error message pops up again.

Why Porsche decided to put some of the memory functions in the key (seats, steering wheel, etc) and some set to 'whatever it was last time you turned the car off' (PCM, etc) is beyond me. If two people drive the car and have different preferences for the media, they're going to be stuck with what the previous driver had set.

Anyway.....if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Cheers.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hi all,

I picked up a 2022 992 GTS at the end of Apr (traded in a 2018 991.2 GTS) and while I Iike it better than the 991 (and I loved the 991) I'm running into a couple of minor glitches - and if google is any indication I'm the the only person on the planet seeing these problems. (i.e. no hits after searching). I'm hoping someone here might have some insight before I make an appt with the dealer for a car that has less 2K mi on it.
Info:
2) It periodically forgets my Burmester settings (bass, treble, balance, fader, etc) Sometimes it remembers it over night then it will will return to the defaults after I get back in the car after stopping at a store for a few minutes. I can't discern a pattern.
3) It's not just the stereo, it's also forgets the setting that turns the volume of media lower when the car is in reverse (I turn that option off, I don't want the volume lowered) That's usually the first clue the PCM has reverted to defaults, when i put the car in reverse in the media audio lowers
4) The calendar, news, etc used to got to....calender and news, etc. Now when I press those icons it thinks for a second and just takes me back to the home screen, though my custom home screen has weather as one of the tiles and it's still working there.
5) This isn't PCM related but I periodically get an error message 'The auto stop function is not working' when i start the car- and the option to turn it off / on disappears from the options. I usually keep the car is Sport so it's not that big a deal but either way, sometimes it works fine, other times i get the error message and the engine does not stop when i'm in Normal - and I know it tried because the error message pops up again.

Why Porsche decided to put some of the memory functions in the key (seats, steering wheel, etc) and some set to 'whatever it was last time you turned the car off' (PCM, etc) is beyond me. If two people drive the car and have different preferences for the media, they're going to be stuck with what the previous driver had set.

Cheers.
No issues so far but I am an Apple user so maybe its best to see your dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny you should ask.. it sort of it did it for me this morning. When I got in the car the PCM defaulted to the guest account (it's never done that) and started walking me through the set up - but eventually logged me into my existing accounts. Weirdly, it remembered my settings. I'll see how long that keeps. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One other note, yesterday (and still today) the 'New', 'Calendar', etc. functions started working again instead of just thinking for a second and taking me back to the home screen.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a 22 GTS and have no idea about the technology . I shamefully admit that to disengage auto start I had the salesman connect it to the little diamond button . I just press it and its gone . All I use is my phone and satellite radio (nothing else) . I dont even use those often . I like the sound of the car . When I start the car I sign on as a guest and deactivate . It all goes poof . I thus dont have your problems . I do know that after reading these cars forums for over 15 years that Porsche technology sucks !! People who truly rely on the tech complain all the time .

·
Registered
2020, 992 c2s
4 Posts
Hi all,

Info:

Cheers.
As for the two drivers, you'll need to set profiles for each driver on different key fobs. Whenever the drivers' door is opened by either fob 1 or fob 2, the presets should revert to that fob's last use. You can also use the buttons on the drivers' door to return to your presets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for the two drivers, you'll need to set profiles for each driver on different key fobs. Whenever the drivers' door is opened by either fob 1 or fob 2, the presets should revert to that fob's last use. You can also use the buttons on the drivers' door to return to your presets.
Understood. The problem is not all the settings are stored in the keys/memory buttons. Some, like the PCM settings are "whatever they were the last time the car was turned off " An idiotic decision on Porsche's part in my opinion. I'll see if I can find the section in the manual that references this when I get home tonight and post it.

Thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
Didn’t realize that…good to know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Info:

Cheers.
Mine is not 2022 newest model, but my2020 992 did forget the last setting of PCM sometimes. The biggest problem was my battery. I thought it is due to my battery getting too old so I exchanged to a new 12V Banner AGS by myself. However it gave me worst situation of the car not starting in 5 floor parking garage. Fortunately I had jumping cable so no trouble. I asked the dealer guy and it turned out you need to register to the PCM serial number so the PCM knows your battery is new and fresh. Genuine Porsche costed me 800 ( for just being genuine maybe the same model cost 300 in the market).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts