Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick continues to be controversial but he’s always entertaining even if I don’t agree with everything he says. I know he’ll lose some « friends » on this Forum because of his comments. Please don’t shoot the messenger 😅

·
Registered
563 Posts
I ) I also buck the trend and don't like the sport classic . I dont like the interior . Nick and I have very different taste on interiors ,
2) I do like the 3.8 though .
3) I do like the base 992 but I dont quite call it "its all you ever need" . I think its a great entry level 911 but am glad there are many variants .
4) Idont agree that "the last year" is a bad purchase move . I feel the last year usually has the least quirks as Porsche has had a few years to iron them out. I have seen it with.the 992. I even see it with the Macan (2015 was very different than 2018 on a few beginning snags ).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ) I also buck the trend and don't like the sport classic . I dont like the interior . Nick and I have very different taste on interiors ,
2) I do like the 3.8 though .
3) I do like the base 992 but I dont quite call it "its all you ever need" . I think its a great entry level 911 but am glad there are many variants .
4) Idont agree that "the last year" is a bad purchase move . I feel the last year usually has the least quirks as Porsche has had a few years to iron them out. I have seen it with.the 992. I even see it with the Macan (2015 was very different than 2018 on a few beginning snags ).
Did you copy your configuration into the 2023 model year to see the price difference? My 992 S Cab with identical spec is now 11K CAD more expensive. And mine is very modestly optionned. Prices of CPO models will skyrocket even more now. I like to say that with what's happening on the financial markets these days, my 911 may well be my best investment in 2022!!! Well, that's what I tell my wife! LOL!

Nick's opinion is always a good subject of discussion. About the base 992, I think he means that the engine is probably what "most" people would need. Personnally, I would've been happy with a base if I could have a MT. But he doesn't recommend it for many other reasons like the absence of PTV. He likes the engine but he does suggest to pay the extra money to get the S model. I had read that without the limited slip-dif the "car had trouble getting its power to the ground". Anyways, the absence of a manual transmission made the choice easy for me and I don't regret it at all.

No comment on his newfound taste for "Racing Yellow". LOL! 😅 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Did you copy your configuration into the 2023 model year to see the price difference? My 992 S Cab with identical spec is now 11K CAD more expensive. And mine is very modestly optionned. Prices of CPO models will skyrocket even more now. I like to say that with what's happening on the financial markets these days, my 911 may well be my best investment in 2022!!! Well, that's what I tell my wife! LOL!

Nick's opinion is always a good subject of discussion. About the base 992, I think he means that the engine is probably what "most" people would need. Personnally, I would've been happy with a base if I could have a MT. But he doesn't recommend it for many other reasons like the absence of PTV. He likes the engine but he does suggest to pay the extra money to get the S model. I had read that without the limited slip-dif the "car had trouble getting its power to the ground". Anyways, the absence of a manual transmission made the choice easy for me and I don't regret it at all.

No comment on his newfound taste for "Racing Yellow". LOL! 😅 :rolleyes:
Racing yellow has moments where it looks acceptable yet it’s a color I would never buy. The prices have gone up but I feel much of it was manipulated by these various rotating shortages. It began with toilet paper. Part of me thinks that every corporation saw that when the supply was really cut people would become desperate and pay anything to have it. This one by one things started becoming short. It’s not just Porsches. At one time I couldn’t even get my favorite beans at the supermarket. There was a shortage of a specific cat food. He became more serious with things like infant formula . Overall I feel this was inevitable. I believe this interest rate hikes or cool things down a bit when we take some time. I agree with you that my car was a great investment if I were to sell it now. The problem is I plan to keep it . It just happens that I cashed out aggressively priced equities to buy the car and pay cash for it. Had a held on to that investment I will have about 2/3 of that car instead of some money left over. I almost wish I cashed out of everything but that is just not the case. I do think we will eventually recover as we always seem to follow a cyclical pattern of recovery. We even have the same extent adapted to Covid. I felt that was a more serious thing but much like with toilet paper and everything else the reminder hit home. My next-door neighbors both died and so did my wife’s mother early on into the pandemic before we knew much about it .

Back to racing yellow. I’m gonna find a video that post it and edit this post. I’ll include it. This woman has a Carrera S with ceramic brakes and just a solid black interior that simplicity of contrast brings more attention to the main event of yellow . If you overload a yellow car with too many accessories and colors to contrast it it ruins it. This car is nicely done but it’s not for me. PS I don’t know what language it is .

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racing yellow has moments where it looks acceptable yet it’s a color I would never buy. The prices have gone up but I feel much of it was manipulated by these various rotating shortages. It began with toilet paper. Part of me thinks that every corporation saw that when the supply was really cut people would become desperate and pay anything to have it. This one by one things started becoming short. It’s not just Porsches. At one time I couldn’t even get my favorite beans at the supermarket. There was a shortage of a specific cat food. He became more serious with things like infant formula . Overall I feel this was inevitable. I believe this interest rate hikes or cool things down a bit when we take some time. I agree with you that my car was a great investment if I were to sell it now. The problem is I plan to keep it . It just happens that I cashed out aggressively priced equities to buy the car and pay cash for it. Had a held on to that investment I will have about 2/3 of that car instead of some money left over. I almost wish I cashed out of everything but that is just not the case. I do think we will eventually recover as we always seem to follow a cyclical pattern of recovery. We even have the same extent adapted to Covid. I felt that was a more serious thing but much like with toilet paper and everything else the reminder hit home. My next-door neighbors both died and so did my wife’s mother early on into the pandemic before we knew much about it .

Back to racing yellow. I’m gonna find a video that post it and edit this post. I’ll include it. This woman has a Carrera S with ceramic brakes and just a solid black interior that simplicity of contrast brings more attention to the main event of yellow . If you overload a yellow car with too many accessories and colors to contrast it it ruins it. This car is nicely done but it’s not for me. PS I don’t know what language it is .
Who cares about the language. 😅 I like the coordinated dress and footwear with the Racing Yellow! 😉

·
Registered
563 Posts
Who cares about the language. 😅 I like the coordinated dress and footwear with the Racing Yellow! 😉
I noticed that too. She completely matched her car. I think you are the only other person who noticed it . you might recall that when I was trying to decide on color I looked at every single color in detail . I even built a car in every color and stagger the pricing in accordance with how much I think I could live with that car with the option of bailing out if I couldn’t take it in a short period. The highest priced spec came down to two colors . I love flat white especially in the Miami setting . I felt the GT silver is a classic and I’ve always wanted the color. I also felt it blends beautifully with the black rear yet was cool enough and easy to maintain enough to be a daily driver. I also wanted a color that was timeless.

I’m sure you might be shocked to know that I built a car in many of those super bright colors that I would never buy but wanted to give a fair chance. Some of those early builds were quite impressive.

When I asked members on Rennlist To post pictures of their cars in that color I came to the conclusion that there was no bad color for the 992.

White and GT Silver with the top two. Honorable mention went to dolomite. Night blue was discontinued but it was also considered in the early day.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed that too. She completely matched her car. I think you are the only other person who noticed it . you might recall that when I was trying to decide on color I looked at every single color in detail . I even built a car in every color and stagger the pricing in accordance with how much I think I could live with that car with the option of bailing out if I couldn’t take it in a short period. The highest priced spec came down to two colors . I love flat white especially in the Miami setting . I felt the GT silver is a classic and I’ve always wanted the color. I also felt it blends beautifully with the black rear yet was cool enough and easy to maintain enough to be a daily driver. I also wanted a color that was timeless.

I’m sure you might be shocked to know that I built a car in many of those super bright colors that I would never buy but wanted to give a fair chance. Some of those early builds were quite impressive.

When I asked members on Rennlist To post pictures of their cars in that color I came to the conclusion that there was no bad color for the 992.

White and GT Silver with the top two. Honorable mention went to dolomite. Night blue was discontinued but it was also considered in the early day.
How’s your latin since Prep School? « De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum »! 😉

You’re absolutely right and there’s no bad color and everyone's taste is different. All good, except maybe for the McDonald or Superman color combos! 🤣🥵

·
Registered
563 Posts
How’s your latin since Prep School? « De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum »! 😉

You’re absolutely right and there’s no bad color and everyone's taste is different. All good, except maybe for the McDonald or Superman color combos! 🤣🥵
I am having high school nightmares . I looked at all the bright colors . Nowadays even Toyota has a shark blue . I know at the media blitz all wyes were on python with gloss black brakes but I can't deal with it . I must say I had a brief (very brief) pause on guards red . Its. classic color but just not me . I really am so understated with colors . This video had me for a second look. I also felt it may not look so good at night. Most videos are day footage . Thats only a portion of the picture . In. fact flat white rules the night .

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am having high school nightmares . I looked at all the bright colors . Nowadays even Toyota has a shark blue . I know at the media blitz all wyes were on python with gloss black brakes but I can't deal with it . I must say I had a brief (very brief) pause on guards red . Its. classic color but just not me . I really am so understated with colors . This video had me for a second look. I also felt it may not look so good at night. Most videos are day footage . Thats only a portion of the picture . In. fact flat white rules the night .
The F1 is in Montreal this week-end and we’ll see all the colors

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow . That a tough qualifying circumstance .

I looked at the price increases . Yikes !! My car is 6K more now than 3 months ago.
Do you think those Formula one race cars have a « wet mode » like us?! LOL! 😂🤣🤪

The sun is expected today and heat will return to the circuit for the race, with 21C degrees (70F) the expected mark. When F1 last visited Montreal in 2019, the race took place in baking hot conditions.

·
Registered
253 Posts
When Miami had the F1 (May 8th) I believe, I was committed to a wedding in Quebec city hence could not attend. Today Montreal had F1 and I had commitments in Miami. Missed both events.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When Miami had the F1 (May 8th) I believe, I was committed to a wedding in Quebec city hence could not attend. Today Montreal had F1 and I had commitments in Miami. Missed both events.
Your next chance is the British Grand Prix from 1-3 July but you’ll miss Canada Day and the 4th July celebrations! 😉 You’re cursed! LOL! 🤪

·
Registered
253 Posts
Your next chance is the British Grand Prix from 1-3 July but you’ll miss Canada Day and the 4th July celebrations! 😉 You’re cursed! LOL! 🤪
Oh well.
Canada Day and 4th of July I try to avoid. Prefer to spend July at my cottage. Trying to keep my mind off the GTS. Been reading too much RL regarding batteries, pdk, MT. To the point that I am hypothetically second guessing my pdk decision. Maybe it is because i believed I would be in my GTS by now…..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh well.
Canada Day and 4th of July I try to avoid. Prefer to spend July at my cottage. Trying to keep my mind off the GTS. Been reading too much RL regarding batteries, pdk, MT. To the point that I am hypothetically second guessing my pdk decision. Maybe it is because i believed I would be in my GTS by now…..
I suggest Mindfulness exercises! 😜 Seriously, it’s almost here. Hang in there..and stop reading! 😉

1 - 20 of 23 Posts