Porsche 992 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Oh well.
Canada Day and 4th of July I try to avoid. Prefer to spend July at my cottage. Trying to keep my mind off the GTS. Been reading too much RL regarding batteries, pdk, MT. To the point that I am hypothetically second guessing my pdk decision. Maybe it is because i believed I would be in my GTS by now…..
The guys on RL fall into two camps. There are those who are manual transmission only guys and others who are PDK only guys . I buck the trend. I like both equally can only pick one. For the specific car I look at that car.

In your case and all wheel drive manual GTS would be nothing like a normally aspirated 6speed rear wheel car . The car is designed as an eight speed so reducing it to seven makes the gears longer. You are also taking a GTS which rivals a base turbo and even shares the suspension and parts and making it less efficient .

I enjoyed watching the video on smoking tire of the manual cab. It’s actually a nice choice for that car with the top down and rowing gears. The GTS though is a totally different beast. The GTS is more raw than a turbo and with PDK its going to rip !!!

Wait to get behind the wheel and feel this car run through the gears . You feel it even before you finish breaking it in. In fact I have yet to use sport plus. I am we have 800 miles. I’ve been pampering it from the hot sun.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The guys on RL fall into two camps. There are those who are manual transmission only guys and others who are PDK only guys . I buck the trend. I like both equally can only pick one. For the specific car I look at that car.

In your case and all wheel drive manual GTS would be nothing like a normally aspirated 6speed rear wheel car . The car is designed as an eight speed so reducing it to seven makes the gears longer. You are also taking a GTS which rivals a base turbo and even shares the suspension and parts and making it less efficient .

I enjoyed watching the video on smoking tire of the manual cab. It’s actually a nice choice for that car with the top down and rowing gears. The GTS though is a totally different beast. The GTS is more raw than a turbo and with PDK its going to rip !!!

Wait to get behind the wheel and feel this car run through the gears . You feel it even before you finish breaking it in. In fact I have yet to use sport plus. I am we have 800 miles. I’ve been pampering it from the hot sun.
Thank you Larry. Good comments, sometimes I forget that I am getting the “4”.
I have been really enjoying my c2cab for the past two weeks (only two eve trips with roof down…). I keep thinking….”is it really going to be a totally different animal”…? You said that.
My dealer also said that. But me thinks “what does he know”? Well, there are people at the dealership that regularly go to Germany to test cars and they also told me that. Heading back to Canada tomorrow, will bw very busy for the next few weeks. Hopefully, the busy time will benefit the wait.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thank you Larry. Good comments, sometimes I forget that I am getting the “4”.
I have been really enjoying my c2cab for the past two weeks (only two eve trips with roof down…). I keep thinking….”is it really going to be a totally different animal”…? You said that.
My dealer also said that. But me thinks “what does he know”? Well, there are people at the dealership that regularly go to Germany to test cars and they also told me that. Heading back to Canada tomorrow, will bw very busy for the next few weeks. Hopefully, the busy time will benefit the wait.
The 992 GTS is a beast. It’s fast, Performance throttle mapped ,and agile . Granted your all-wheel-drive car will drive differently than my light weight package rear wheel. I love the car!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts