Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
View attachment 539

Vox journalist Dylan Matthews calculated the fuel economy difference between manual and automatic transmission versions of cars. For the 911 he determined that the manual transmission is 0.25 mpg more fuel efficient than the PDK.

View attachment 538
I'm surprised since most manual drivers won't shift to 7th very often hence limiting fuel economy. PDK will hit that higher gear quickly and should "in theory" be more fuel efficient. Hmm :unsure:

In any case, I was already sold on the manual. For many reasons besides the beauty of that shifter! 😊

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I'm surprised since most manual drivers won't shift to 7th very often hence limiting fuel economy. PDK will hit that higher gear quickly and should "in theory" be more fuel efficient. Hmm :unsure:

In any case, I was already sold on the manual. For many reasons besides the beauty of that shifter! 😊
Mr. Bobby from Bobby G, I don’t care if I got 10MPG I would still opt for the manual. Who’s crunching all these numbers….hopefully Porsche will keep making them!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Mr. Bobby from Bobby G, I don’t care if I got 10MPG I would still opt for the manual. Who’s crunching all these numbers….hopefully Porsche will keep making them!
Bobby G, the man is just saying that you and I are saving the planet by driving with a stick instead of PDK! Isn’t that great? Surprising but fantastic. 😉

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.