Porsche 992 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
After 6:16 min it's more about Nick's "personal" life! LOL!

Love Nick... he is such a down to earth guy. Not uptight about his Porsches... doesn't baby them or own them as untouchable trophies, but you can tell he really enjoys driving them. Sorta like buying top shelf bourbon to drink rather than just keeping it in your cabinet.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love Nick... he is such a down to earth guy. Not uptight about his Porsches... doesn't baby them or own them as untouchable trophies, but you can tell he really enjoys driving them. Sorta like buying top shelf bourbon to drink rather than just keeping it in your cabinet.
I hesitated before posting Nick's last video because he puts down (again) the last year of the mid-cycle refresh. And I didn't want you to be disappointed. I just don't agree with him on that matter.
I do not think there will be significant changes in the 992.2 over the 992.1 (minor enhancements, some PCM changes, etc.) Like I said in another conversation, do not presume that the 922.2 will be all upside. According to some rumors, the analog tachometer might be eliminated (among other things)! :eek: Just for that (and a probable substantial increase in price), I would not take a chance. And in your case, a rare bird in your hand is better than 2...on the allocation list. You won't regret it.

The other reason I hesitated is because he still doesn't think any GTS model is worth it and that makes Larry go "crazy"! LOL! But I like it when Larry goes a little bit crazy! :p

And I agree, no top shelf bourbon (or single malt scotch) should be left untouched! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I hesitated before posting Nick's last video because he puts down (again) the last year of the mid-cycle refresh. And I didn't want you to be disappointed. I just don't agree with him on that matter.
I do not think there will be significant changes in the 992.2 over the 992.1 (minor enhancements, some PCM changes, etc.) Like I said in another conversation, do not presume that the 922.2 will be all upside. According to some rumors, the analog tachometer might be eliminated (among other things)! :eek: Just for that (and a probable substantial increase in price), I would not take a chance. And in your case, a rare bird in your hand is better than 2...on the allocation list. You won't regret it.

The other reason I hesitated is because he still doesn't think any GTS model is worth it and that makes Larry go "crazy"! LOL! But I like it when Larry goes a little bit crazy! :p

And I agree, no top shelf bourbon (or single malt scotch) should be left untouched! Cheers!
It’s happy here and Bourbon is definitely on the menu. I drive my baby every day and didn’t buy it to stare at it!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
41 Posts

Yeah, the Nick so matter-of-factly disses the last year of 992.1 is the only thing that I currently find off-putting about him. He seems hung up on the PCM issue (can someone explain what this issue is to me?). But, I already feel the price is too high so I definitely don't want to pay the higher price for a 992.2 with only aesthetic changes and maybe a few minor enhancements. Now, I probably would have felt worse if I bought the last year that the standard twin turbos were added but that would just be my personal preference. Finally, I definitely want the analog tach!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
It’s happy here and Bourbon is definitely on the menu. I drive my baby every day and didn’t buy it to stare at it! View attachment 1103
View attachment 1104
It’s happy here and Bourbon is definitely on the menu. I drive my baby every day and didn’t buy it to stare at it! View attachment 1103
View attachment 1104
I regret I won't have my cab for the upcoming autumn weather. I'm sure you will be cruising and enjoying the season immensely!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, the Nick so matter-of-factly disses the last year of 992.1 is the only thing that I currently find off-putting about him. He seems hung up on the PCM issue (can someone explain what this issue is to me?). But, I already feel the price is too high so I definitely don't want to pay the higher price for a 992.2 with only aesthetic changes and maybe a few minor enhancements. Now, I probably would have felt worse if I bought the last year that the standard twin turbos were added but that would just be my personal preference. Finally, I definitely want the analog tach!!
Those that chase new things are never satisfied because there is something always new. Given how rapidly the automotive world is changing, whatever one buys today, it will be yesterday’s news, tomorrow. Especially with electronics, hardware and software. Buy a computer today and it’s probably already outdated when you leave the store.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nick has informative videos that are entertaining. Kinda of a bummer that he would wait for a 992.2, but he also has two Porsche's in the garage. I think he may be a bit optimistic on future allocations, we shall see. And I still think the 992 GTS has value and not just a badge thing. Anyway....12 Days and counting!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts